BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea Match Preview

Has anyone actually confirmed Grella is out? Seems a lot of people are taking a persons comment on here about his fitness being uncertain as "he isn't playing".

Emerton is definitely out, Ooijer is a major doubt, Santa could play. That's all the club said.

Robinson

Simpson--Samba--Nelsen--Warnock

Derbyshire--Andrews--Grella--Pedersen

Roberts--Santa

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bothered what Chelsea fans are paying!!!!!!!! They earn a much higher wage than us down there, i know a lad who fits double glazing down there and earns £900 a week, my mate up here earns £280.

So ###### them, cocky bstards,.

A friend of mine has a problem with a ticket and this is the small-minded, small-town mentally I get. What a jerk!

Has anyone actually confirmed Grella is out? Seems a lot of people are taking a persons comment on here about his fitness being uncertain as "he isn't playing".

Emerton is definitely out, Ooijer is a major doubt, Santa could play. That's all the club said.

Robinson

Simpson--Samba--Nelsen--Warnock

Derbyshire--Andrews--Grella--Pedersen

Roberts--Santa

That midfield is far from inspiring , hopefully Chelsea will see that team and decide they can chance a night on the beer. Derbs and Pedersen must be the most ineffectual wing pair in whole history of the club, give me Noel Brotherston and Scott Sellars over those two anyday. Can anybody name a worse pair, even Johnny Price and Dave Wagstaffe would have a better bet.

A friend of mine has a problem with a ticket and this is the small-minded, small-town mentally I get. What a jerk!

Whatever happened to phoning up and checking?

Sorry I forgot about Andrews, I feel loads better now.

Absolutely. :o

The only place I've heard a rumour about Grella is on here. In the Telegraph the other night there was no indication that he was injured.

For those saying you've got to get into Chelsea, Chelsea are no Arsenal they won't get bullied. What we have to do is frustrate them and keep it tight.

When we have the ball we have to attack with purpose and attack with pace. Roma showed mid week that Chelsea's defence isn't perfect.

It is a shame Emerton is not playing, but with Makele not there, this could be the game that Carlos can attack from deep.

Then shouldn't it be 'the way things are going, the top four will be beating teams by five or six'?

Sounds like a silly thing to say anyway, in light of Hull's fightback against Man.United and Stoke thumping Arsenal. :huh:

I don't think interviews are really Ince's forte.

Hull still lost and the Stoke result was a freak result, Ince has said that he will draw inspiration from those sort of results.

That being said Ince's interview technique is not the best but has certainly improved considerably in the last few months, I would go as far as to say that they are refreshingly honest with none of the bull, example was when a reporter told Ince that he should be pleased with MGP's performance, Ince's response? "He was alright but he needs to do much more" :D

As above, but I'd have thought better from a QEGS boy.

Quite right Paul. You stick up for your mate! ......... I can't imagine that you'll have all that many. :P

If Roberts plays like he did against Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi we could hurt them and cause their defence some trouble. For those that don't recall, Roberts was immense that day resulting in Terry saying Roberts is one of the toughest strikers he has ever faced.

I'm still going for a Chelsea win, though i know we have the players to damage pretty much anyone on the day.

Hull still lost and the Stoke result was a freak result, Ince has said that he will draw inspiration from those sort of results.

Funny, 'cos if we go down fighting against Chelsea or pull of a fluke result, you'll be singing Ince's praises from the rooftops. Yet for other teams, you're quick to play down their efforts. :rolleyes:

Funny, 'cos if we go down fighting against Chelsea or pull of a fluke result, you'll be singing Ince's praises from the rooftops. Yet for other teams, you're quick to play down their efforts. :rolleyes:

Interesting how you know what I am going to say BEFORE I say it ;)

Hull lost against Man Utd, regardless of performance, the Stoke result was a freak result, did anyone predict it? The point I was making was that the chances of a team outside the top 4 beating a top 4 side is virtually impossible IF they play at 100% and IF they give the level of commitment as the side they are playing, would you deny that this is case...? Thus Ince was talking sense.

By the way I dont really care what other teams do, I am Pro Rover and WHEN we beat Chelsea I will be praising the TEAM from the rooftops ;)

I don't think it's a leap of faith to assume if we did compete with Chelsea tomorrow (regardless of result) you'd be telling the Ince doubters where to go.

I don't think Ince was talking much sense. He should have been focusing on Hull & Stoke from the beginning, not an afterthought for when he's finished whining about the bigger teams.

I don't think it's a leap of faith to assume if we did compete with Chelsea tomorrow (regardless of result) you'd be telling the Ince doubters where to go.

I don't think Ince was talking much sense. He should have been focusing on Hull & Stoke from the beginning, not an afterthought for when he's finished whining about the bigger teams.

I think you will find that I try to give fair appraisals on what I see, leaving prejudices aside. IMO I have made criticisms when they were needed, but unlike some I will not criticism PI for the sake of it.

Why should PI be focussed on Stoke and Hull when dicsussing Chelsea? The irony about the whining has obviously been lost on you :huh:

IMO I have made criticisms when they were needed, but unlike some I will not criticism PI for the sake of it.

No, but it seems you feel obliged to defend him for the sake of it.

Why should PI be focussed on Stoke and Hull when dicsussing Chelsea?

Because of their success against Arsenal & Man. U respectively. Even if you consider Stoke's result a fluke, Arsene Wenger even admitted the best team won. And Hull may well have lost, but they showed great character to fight back against the champions.

But it seems like Ince was too busy making excuses, complaining about the top four and their money compared to our lack thereof. We've given Ince the chance to manage at the highest level, and he's more interested in moaning about it. Be it the top four, or other teams wanting our players.

Does a 16 year old count as a junior or an adult?

Old enough to vote.

Too young to drink alcohol.

Old enough to smoke tobacco.

Too young to drive a car.

Old enough to ride a motorbike.

Old enough to have sexual relations legally.

Too old to go half fare on the transports.

Quite a dilemma.

Overall I'd say he or she is an adult. Whether he or she would act like one in this country is debatable.

Quite right Paul. You stick up for your mate! ......... I can't imagine that you'll have all that many.

I just thought it was a matter of old-fashioned. English, common courtesy to reply politely to that . Maybe not in your eyes.

Oh well. Not that I'm bothered too much.

No, but it seems you feel obliged to defend him for the sake of it.

CAN YOU GIVE ME ONE EXAMPLE WHEN I HAVE DEFENDED HIM FOR THE SAKE OF IT? HE HAS HAD A NUMBER OF FALSE REPORTS MADE AGAINST HIM I CHOSE TO SUPPORT HIM AND GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT (AS HAS BEEN PROVED CORRECT) OTHERS CHOSE TO BELIEVE THE DAILY MAIL... MORE FOOL THEM

Because of their success against Arsenal & Man. U respectively. Even if you consider Stoke's result a fluke, Arsene Wenger even admitted the best team won. And Hull may well have lost, but they showed great character to fight back against the champions.

WERE ARSENAL PLAYING AT THEIR VERY BEST? MAN UTD? STOKE AND HULL PLAYED WELL AND MAN UTD AND ARSENAL HAD AN OFF DAY, MY POINT STILL STANDS IF HULL ARE ON FORM AND MAN UTD ARE ON FORM AND BOTH GIVE 100% WHO WOULD WIN? PI SPOKE THE TRUTH BUT YOU CHOSE TO CONSTRUE THIS AS DEFEATISM.

But it seems like Ince was too busy making excuses, complaining about the top four and their money compared to our lack thereof. We've given Ince the chance to manage at the highest level, and he's more interested in moaning about it. Be it the top four, or other teams wanting our players.

DID YOU READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE? HAVE YOU SEEN THE INTERVIEW ON ROVERS WORLD? HUGHES SPENT THE LAST SIX MONTHS OF REIGN MOANING ABOUT A LACK OF FUNDS AND HOW HE WAS STRUGGLING, WASNT HE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO MANAGE A TEAM AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL, OR IS YOUR CRITICISM MERELY RESERVED FOR THE CURRENT ROVERS MANAGER?

It's worth noting Hughes did the business and finished seventh. He was citing lack of funds for a reason why we weren't challenging 5th place and getting that one level higher than we had been the last three seasons. Let's see what Ince does...

It is also worth noting that having spent £70 million pounds Man City are level on points with us, with Hughes having had longer with his new club than Ince, lets judge both at the end of the season.

Anything better than losing 2-0 will exceed my expectations for tomorrow, we historically ship goals against chelsea regardless of the manager and this chelsea team seem to score more than past chelsea teams. To my mind as a supporter this game is long written off, but i don't expect the manager and players to have my attitude but it won't be a result i'd blame anyone for when the inevitable happens.

roll on the sunderlands, wigans,stokes etc and referees over 40 who've half a clue about anything ...........and to never getting that clown from the WBA game reffing one of our matches ever again.

Archived