BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea Match Preview

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the form that Chelsea are on, this is a scary match. Its impossible to predict. We could shut up shop and Robinson have a blinder and it end 0-0 or it could easily be another 4-0.

Lets get peoples views on the score here so that come the ‘expected’ outcome people cant be all doom & gloom. Anyone (Yes Anyone) who honestly expects us to beat Chelsea, given their form is Deluded. If we do, then credit where its due. If We don’t, then its expected to be honest. After all they have just demolished Boro, Hull & Sunderland with great ease.

Team id go with.

------------------Robinson--------------------------

Simpson (If Emo Injured) - Samba - Nelsen - Warnock

--------------- Grella - Tugay/ Mokoena ----------

------Derbyshire - Andrews - Villanueva---------

------------------ Roberts --------------------------

If we set out like above - 0-0, if we go 4-4-2 or we go 4-5-1 and play Pedersen & Fowler then il go 3-0 Chelsea

or goto wickes and get some nails and planks and board the frigging posts up.

Whatever happened to your in it to win it attitude??

We could just have all our players line up on the goal line and then put Robbo in front of them!

For me its catch 22 sit back and the pressure will be on, if we have a go they will pick us apart! Liverpool beat them by putting 11 behind the ball and countering. At the end of the day we have a chance, thats the beauty of the game.

A cautious approach designed to frustrate them would be my option, but how we hit them on the break is a question I cannot answer. At least Bosingwa could face the man he fears the most MGP!!!

my Heart is hoping for 1-1 or even better 1-0 to Rovers but my head is saying 3-o too Chelsea - ( a gambler backs with his head not his heart )

I just hope we dont capitulate like against Arsenal or stand off like V Man U ,

COme you Blues lets get into em !

Not really sure what we can do about Chelsea. They are nearly the perfect team. Good in the air, world class players in every position, goals in midfield, goals up front, great full backs, creativity, huge physical strength, good width. Unlike man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal who you feel have weaknesses you can play on Chelsea just seem like an invincible battering ram.

The temptation is to play deep and compact, but then their shooting from distance is excellent. It will need to be an extraordinary game for us to even get a draw.

Will wait to see how injuries clear up as the week progresses, hopefully we can put out a half decent side.

we have to play 4-5-1 in this game-not only because of chelsea's form but because of injuries..

im expecting nothing from this game..

my team would be...

....................................robinson................................

simpson.............samba......nelsen......warnock...............

ooijer if fit)

...........................grella........mokoena....................

..................................andrews....................

villaeneuva.............................................pedersen

.................................roberts........................................

grella and mokoena protecting the back four-andrews getting forward when possible but also helping out defensivley-pedersen and villaeneuva on the wings tracking back..

roberts for me is the only one who could play upfront on his own..

I think I've found the line up to stuff 'em -

Emerton.....Ooijer......Samba......Nelsen......Warnock...............

Grella......Tugay.......Mokoena......Andrews.......Pedersen......

..................................Villaneuva....................

...........Derbyshire.........Roberts.......McCarthy..............

:lol:

I think I've found the line up to stuff 'em -

Emerton.....Ooijer......Samba......Nelsen......Warnock...............

Grella......Tugay.......Mokoena......Andrews.......Pedersen......

..................................Villaneuva....................

...........Derbyshire.........Roberts.......McCarthy..............

We can't play that side Aggy - Bert's injured.

:lol:

Except Benni is suspended.

All hope is lost then :lol:

I'm thinking of doing a sweep in the office on the number of goals Chelsea score (it will take the heat off on Monday morning :tu: ) but I'm unsure how high to go, would it be reasonable to go as high as ten? :lol:

Whatever happened to your in it to win it attitude??

ive stopped drinking before games haha....its still there and i will be ranting on sunday if we lose and singing from the rooftops if we win.Its just that its been dire at ewood this season and if people cant see it .Its been like nettos own brand compared to say harrods.

• Backroom
ive stopped drinking before games haha....its still there and i will be ranting on sunday if we lose and singing from the rooftops if we win.Its just that its been dire at ewood this season and if people cant see it .Its been like nettos own brand compared to say harrods.

Or a Mini to a Ferrari :rolleyes:

Chelsea are so good, and scoring plenty of goals now, and Rovers defence is as watertight as a dishcloth on a punctured watermain. I fear the worst.

Rovers 1 Chelsea 9

And all the world will be watching.

At least when Shrewsbury Town beat us 7-1 only them and us knew or cared about it.

Didn't Boswinga say he feared Pedersen the most in the Prem?

I reckon the club get hold of the media with Pedersen and the boys out to steal the points against the Chelski money bags!

The clubs needs a bit of fighting talk and it may benefit us by giving Boswinga a few sleepless nights!

Can't see any good coming out of this fixture, I'm willing to bet we do well and hold on nil nil till the 83 minute until Nelson hacks down one of there forwards gets sent off then they score the pen, Confidence will be rock bottom. Or we'll simply lose 4 nil. If we escape with no more injuries i'll be happy. I just hope Ince doesn't say to the players what he says to the press about us not getting points off the top 4 teams

Didn't Boswinga say he feared Pedersen the most in the Prem?

I reckon the club get hold of the media with Pedersen and the boys out to steal the points against the Chelski money bags!

The clubs needs a bit of fighting talk and it may benefit us by giving Boswinga a few sleepless nights!

its not Boswinga im worried about!

With the form that Chelsea are on, this is a scary match. Its impossible to predict. We could shut up shop and Robinson have a blinder and it end 0-0 or it could easily be another 4-0.

Lets get peoples views on the score here so that come the ‘expected’ outcome people cant be all doom & gloom. Anyone (Yes Anyone) who honestly expects us to beat Chelsea, given their form is Deluded. If we do, then credit where its due. If We don’t, then its expected to be honest. After all they have just demolished Boro, Hull & Sunderland with great ease.

I very rarely go to Ewood expecting to lose. On Sunday 3,4,5 - 0 wouldn't surprise me if we try to out play Chelsea. I'm very much hoping Ince has learnt from the Arsenal and Utd games and we roll up our sleeves, get in their faces and let Chelsea's billionaires know they've been to Lancashire for a game of football. If we lose under those circumstances I'll be satisfied, if we get our tummies tickled, again, I'll be hopping mad.

Archived