BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview

BRFCBOY

No Den, ParsonBlue is having another dig at Paul Ince again!!, Ince his getting stick from people like you, that he does not deserve at all.

No gazsimm, Parsonblue was not having a dig at Paul Ince again. Parsonblue has argued for Paul Ince to be given the chance to prove himself. However, when Parsonblue spends money to watch every Rovers game Home and Away and virtually every Reserve game Home and Away, Parsonblue reserves the right to comment on what he sees. If you think the performance of Fowler or our first half performance in general last night was OK that's your right to hold that view. I thought otherwise. We have played better recently and lost. Last night we played poorly for much of the game and won. That's football - that's not having a dig at Paul Ince!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who are you talking to OJ? I haven't criticised anything from last night.

no you might of not yet Den, but you have not come out and said well done Paul Ince have you!!!!

When we loose a game, you are one of the 1st people on here to criticise Ince.

No gazsimm, Parsonblue was not having a dig at Paul Ince again. Parsonblue has argued for Paul Ince to be given the chance to prove himself. However, when Parsonblue spends money to watch every Rovers game Home and Away and virtually every Reserve game Home and Away, Parsonblue reserves the right to comment on what he sees. If you think the performance of Fowler or our first half performance in general last night was OK that's your right to hold that view. I thought otherwise. We have played better recently and lost. Last night we played poorly for much of the game and won. That's football - that's not having a dig at Paul Ince!

look closer you also mentioned Ince picked the wrong team last night as well!!!!

no you might of not yet Den, but you have not come out and said well done Paul Ince have you!!!!

Thanks Rev. It's always better to read the posts from people who were actually at the game, rather than read snippetts from teletext, or even worse posters on here trying to make a point about the manager.

Sounds as though it was a pretty poor performance from both sides. Still, a win with a weakened side, away from home is always acceptable.

Saturday is a BIG game for us though. I suspect last night's game will have gone from the memory bank at the full time whistle, whatever the result.

You're unreal Gazz.

Not neccessarily you Den, but a few others saying he picked the wrong side.

Oh, OK, but it certainly looked like you were addressing me.

Having said that, does it always follow that if you win, it was the right team selection? Not saying it is, or isn't. Just asking!

If Sir Alex had fielded a bunch of misfits against a Premiership first-team and won, he'd be hailed as a wily old fox. I'm sure Ince will take note of the actual performance, but at the end of the day the result is all that matters.

To be fair to those that said he picked the wrong side, Fowler was picked to start and proved nothing. That selection alone in my book is a wrong one. I sincerely hope that Fowler does one come January. The best thing about last night was Ince's substitutions. That won the game not Ince's initial selection.

Why was it thought that Fowler was worth teh candle I don't really know. How he could be good enough for Rovers when he wasn't for chuffing Cardiff is beyond me.

Personally, Fowler is the one complaint I have against Ince. Other than that he's doing ok. Not great yet, not mind-blowingly poor either but he's getting there. Fowler isn't worth the mud on Roque's left boot as far as I am concerned, he's done nothing since he's been here apart from one decent-ish pass to Olsson (and I agreed with the person who said it wasn't that great a pass... :)). His other dealings have been pretty astute. Loanees of Simpson and Carlos who are both work-in-progress but showing good signs, Andrews who has actually proven to be pretty decent, Robinson who has been immense of late and finally Grella who has looked good in one game and been injured for which Ince isn't to blame.

As last night shows, Ince taking the youngsters and putting them can only be a good thing and one that I heartily approve of. Whether they'll all make it is another matter but to give them a chance to shine can only encourage them whereas sticking them in the eternal ranks of the reserves must be mind-numbing and utterly discouraging after the initial happiness wears off.

No Den, ParsonBlue is having another dig at Paul Ince again!!, Ince his getting stick from people like you, that he does not deserve at all.

I think parson blue paints a pretty accurate picture of a game gazsimm and gives a very good account of that match and his own personal assessment of players involved dont think hes saying anything that isnt true.

That team that Ince put out last night would really struggle in the championship so we got lucky and we are forever grateful but dont be deceived by the result.

Thank the lord we are not Sunderland fans after the money they have spent.

Gaz conveniently overlooks any facts and just tars everyone with the same brush.

what facts are they???. I am going to defend Paul Ince, he does not deserve this abuse and quite frankly damb right stupid comments against him. He's only been in the job since the summer and people are calling for his head allready.

He's got us into the quarter finals of a cup competion and he is only 1 win from moving us up to mid table in the prem. Not bad i think considering it's his 1st mangerial job in the prem and all the injurys that have happend to key players this season so far.

I think parson blue paints a pretty accurate picture of a game gazsimm and gives a very good account of that match and his own personal assessment of players involved dont think hes saying anything that isnt true.

That team that Ince put out last night would really struggle in the championship so we got lucky and we are forever grateful but dont be deceived by the result.

Thank the lord we are not Sunderland fans after the money they have spent.

i agree we did not play very well last night Jal, but who cares he got the result, we have played far better in games this season and come away with nothing.

As for the team selection i think it was as good as Ince could select last night, he did not want any of his key players injured for Saturday and he thought it was the right time to give some youngsters and the rest of the squad a game against which was nearly Sunderlands 1st team

What truth?

that you don't like PAUL INCE for some reason or another!!

what facts are they???. I am going to defend Paul Ince, he does not deserve this abuse and quite frankly damb right stupid comments against him. He's only been in the job since the summer and people are calling for his head allready.

I haven't called for him to be sacked, but I do think he shows signs of being out of his depth. Signing players like Fowler and Andrews does nothing for a top seven side*. And before everyone says 'Andrews has done okay'....so what? I think some people believe we've punched above our weight and should settle for mediocrity now Hughes has gone.

The facts I'm talking about are such as you saying I do nothing but complain, even though I gave credit to Ince and the team. If I was really such a narrow-minded doom-monger, I'd think of any which way to play down the result.

* Yes, we were a top seven side. The league never lies, no matter what reservations you may have about the side. Saying we weren't the seventh best side is like saying Man.Utd weren't the champions.

I haven't called for him to be sacked, but I do think he shows signs of being out of his depth. Signing players like Fowler and Andrews does nothing for a top seven side*. And before everyone says 'Andrews has done okay'....so what? I think some people believe we've punched above our weight and should settle for mediocrity now Hughes has gone.

The facts I'm talking about are such as you saying I do nothing but complain, even though I gave credit to Ince and the team. If I was really such a narrow-minded doom-monger, I'd think of any which way to play down the result.

* Yes, we were a top seven side. The league never lies, no matter what reservations you may have about the side. Saying we weren't the seventh best side is like saying Man.Utd weren't the champions.

this post, just says it all!!! i am going to rest my case now thank god!

? I think some people believe we've punched above our weight and should settle for mediocrity now Hughes has gone.

We have punched above our weight. That doesn't mean I want us to settle for mediocrity. I want the best possible for Rovers. I just think that to get that we need to put a bit more of our support behind Ince. that doesn't mean we can't be critical about certain things. Just that we need to be careful where and how we express that criticism. Teams play better when they feel the supporters are behind them. Contrary to what some would have you believe, I think the players want to play for Ince and each other and it would help therefore if we got behind him and them.

While I agree that Fowler has done nothing for us I totally disagree on Andrews. He's not a 'mediocre' player, he's better than that.

Archived