BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview

BRFCBOY

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result, well done to Paul Ince, the management team and the players. Could get quite excited about this competition depending on the draw on Saturday.

Plus if we can beat Sunderland with less than half a team we must be able to turn them over on Saturday with a few of our more established players back.

on the other side of the coin, what does he get for picking the wrong starting line up?

Lets hope he gets in right at the weekend.

I think thats a bit harsh. The guy who made the goal possible was Roque, and in light of his importance to us and recent injuries it would have been daft to start him.

It will be interesting to see if Nelsen does come back into the team on Saturday. And who gets the nod on wither wing.

Only drawback of tonight by the sounds of it is that it has shown Fowler has virtually nothing to offer despite being on the pitch for most of the game.

How can it be the wrong line up when we won?

One man made a difference but we were still level with a full strength Sunderland side away from home. Does it not look like a fantastic decision given that we made SEVEN changes.

no. shut up imy. i'm sick of your positive attitude ;)

How can it be the wrong line up when we won?

One man made a difference but we were still level with a full strength Sunderland side away from home. Does it not look like a fantastic decision given that we made SEVEN changes.

But it was the substitutions that won the game-especially Roque, although the summariser said that Derbyshire's first touch after he was moved to the wing led to the own goal.

Great result; more timely and positive subbing by Ince (his best feature so far); Roque getting warmed up for Saturday; a debutant from the academy none of the experts on here had heard of - good night all round.

Just need Burnley to lose to a 128th minute offside handball

I'd much prefer it the other way round to be honest.

Great result and a confidence boost. Sounds like Ince got his tactics spot on and saving Roque for the last 30 mins was a masterstroke. (the 'spin' works both ways)

I'm still worried about Saturday especially as teams' performances this season have been so inconsistant. This has to has given us the psychological edge though.... here's hoping.

Well, well, well. Andy Haworth did start after I questioned that 'joker' on 606 earlier who said he would do. Fair play to him he was right. A bit odd as I thought Judge would have been ahead of him in the pecking order and didn't expect him to get chucked in from the start but by the way people are talking on here sounds as though he did a decent job. I haven't seen him before and didn't see him tonight, is he something different that Ince may have realised we need? Not getting carried away though, but a win is a win and now its time for a bit of luck, a decent draw and lets see how far we can go in this cup. The bad run is over at last and lets go get 3 points at the weekend now lads!

Well done Rovers on a great win. I read the posts from the team selection to the final whistle. The following posters are guilty of the crime of prejudice- the lowest form of ignorance. Frosty,almuncle.philipi,gumboots,joeybignose,alan75,dopper69 and remarkably jimmk2 at the end suggested it meant nothing! I suggest you all engage brain before posting in the future. Well done Ince.

• Backroom

Good win and great decisions by Ince, League is obviously the prioity but to get through by restin a lot of players is great.

Say what you like but the line up s substitutions were spot on

Just saw the goals etc on Sky...

Did anyone see Robinson when Sunderland pulled one back. I REALLY think we should be looking at our defence in January... Robinson looks like he is getting really fed up with our defences inability to well erm... defend...

Burnley down to 10 men against Chelsea... Burnley red cards... how strange! :lol:

Well done Rovers on a great win. I read the posts from the team selection to the final whistle. The following posters are guilty of the crime of prejudice- the lowest form of ignorance. Frosty,almuncle.philipi,gumboots,joeybignose,alan75,dopper69 and remarkably jimmk2 at the end suggested it meant nothing! I suggest you all engage brain before posting in the future. Well done Ince.

How am I guilty of prejudice? I still think it wa a seriously rubbish line up and only the substitution appears to have made a difference. I did say I'd love to be proved wrong and see us win. We did and I'm delighted for the players and for the manager. I'll take more of that at the weekend. Humble pie tastes good when you're eating it after a win.

Archived