BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No probs RTH. I think you are right. Whoever comes in will take time to right what is clearly wrong in your camp at the moment. However, as another poster pointed out, we managed a similar exercise succesfully in righting the Sammy Lee disaster. Close run thing, though! I would back Allardyce over Megson in that scenario too. (Although credit where credit's due, the Ginger Mourinho is now getting it together.)

I posted a couple of comments when Allardyce's name came up on here prior to the appointment of Ince. I said that Allardyce was the better option for you, although I did not think Ince and his staff would be as poor as they have turned out to be, I must say. I am no Allardyce champion though. I "hate" him for the way in which he left us, ostensibly because he wanted a break from the game, only for him to then appear as Newcastle's next saviour. He then proceeded to return to Bolton for players and staff. I know that that's the way of the world but, as a fan, it rankled.

All that having been said he is an excellent manager who will achieve results for you if he is appointed. I cannot think of a better option for you. Stick with Ince and you are toast.

Good unbiased and accurate thanks for your input. :D

The thing that occurs to me with BFS is the lack of a right hand man now Phil Brown is doing his own thing and Sammy Lee is back at Liverpool. Any ideas who he would bring in at this stage?

A good point. I reckon you would be looking at Peter Reid as the number two. They're as thick as thieves. Mind you, Old Monkey Head would be a good number two, in my view.

You've got to be kidding me, right?

If a manager is mooted as a possible for us, sure as hell I'd want to know what fans of clubs he's managed have to say about him.

Yes but Newcastle fans do have unrealistic expectations of their managers and they weren't in that bad a position when allardyce left. There were just a lot of fans who never really wanted him and therefore weren't prepared to give him a chance. I don't want him, but just wanted to be fair to the guy.

We can always take these things into account, it shouldn't be disregarded just because it's Newcastle.

We don't want to jump from the saucepan into the fire by getting another appointment wrong, it's absolutely vital we do the right thing.

Shame we seem to have lost the search facility and don't have more than 5 pages of text, I'd love to find the post from that Newcastle fan.

We can always take these things into account, it shouldn't be disregarded just because it's Newcastle.

We don't want to jump from the saucepan into the fire by getting another appointment wrong, it's absolutely vital we do the right thing.

Shame we seem to have lost the search facility and don't have more than 5 pages of text, I'd love to find the post from that Newcastle fan.

Hence why I'm not voting sack. You can't sack without some idea of who's coming in and despite what many on here think there was obviously something about allardyce that our board didn't fancy in the summer. It could just have been the cost of his backroom staff, but I doubt it as that could have been sorted if we'd really wanted him.

Newcastle fans hate him with a passion because, in the three months he was in charge, he did not get them into the Champions' League or win the FA Cup! :D Oh, and he's not King Kev.

He started to change that club, root an branch. That is a desperately needed exercise at Newcastle. His board did not back him. They bottled it. But nobody will be succesful running NUFC unless they complete the task that Allardyce started. Your issues are different. If the board backs him then he will deliver. Don't forget that Allardyce was given a 10-year contract at Bolton. An unprecedented move which gave the stability required to achieve what the club has done over the last decade.

And I too would not place too much by the utterances of a Barcodes supporter. They are masters of the art of self-delusion. A skill they share with Spurs fans.

For arguments sake, let's say Williams fired Ince and appointed Allardyce. How much would we pay off to Ince? How much would we offer Allardyce? We'd have to be darn sure we stayed up because if we go down this road and get relegated then we'll have done it the expensive way.

I'm not condoning doing nothing for the sake of expense - but I'd have to say our short-term future is more important right now than who we'd like as long term manager.

And if we take allardyce the short term and the long term would probably be the same. He'd come on his terms not ours because we'd be the ones begging, not him.

And if we take allardyce the short term and the long term would probably be the same. He'd come on his terms not ours because we'd be the ones begging, not him.

Don't underestimate how desperate he is to get back into the PL. You won't be begging too much and he's got a point to prove!

Don't underestimate how desperate he is to get back into the PL. You won't be begging too much and he's got a point to prove!

Sto trying to persuade me he's a good choice. I don't want to have to repeat how I feel about this guy. I wnat to find enough logical negative reasons not to take him. :D

We're all in dreamland here. INCE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE UNLESS HE RESIGNS

- and then we'll be left with Mathias in charge - Oooohhhhh.

1. Rovers WON'T sack Ince until March/April if at all. We've stood by our managers until the end. JW hasn't ever sacked a manager has he? BFS is NOT coming and doesn't want to. I suspect you all know this.

2. Rovers will not pay Ince's compensation to pay his contract up.

3. If Ince goes we'll need a new backroom team too and they won't get settled in until we're down.

4. Transfer Targets. For the first time in years I can't think of ONE, NOT ONE, quality target being mentioned on the grapevine. There are no 3rd world triallist going to get us out of this unless they have significant European experience.

5. WHAT'S HAPPENED to the scouting network - that was here before Hughes so can't have gone with him.

6. BFS isn't coming - promise!

Our best bet is the injuries recover and Ince out of necessity picks a settled team and we spend all our transfer budget on a proper keeper - or the understudies come up to the mark.

We will have to see this through I'm afraid.

We're all in dreamland here. INCE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE UNLESS HE RESIGNS

- and then we'll be left with Mathias in charge - Oooohhhhh.

1. Rovers WON'T sack Ince until March/April if at all. We've stood by our managers until the end. JW hasn't ever sacked a manager has he? BFS is NOT coming and doesn't want to. I suspect you all know this.

Don't be so bloody ridiculous.

We haven't won any of the last eight league games. With Portsmouth away, a morale-boosting battering by Man Utd in the cup, the Liverpool at home, Wigan away that could stretch to 11.

Are you seriously telling me that we wouldn't sack him then? because by the time the next game comes along, Stoke at home, the crowd would most definitely be against him.

We've canned plenty of managers.

Lets get Souness back with Tugay as his assistant...

(not sure how Dunny would feel about this though)

Given the way I currently feel about Ince, this would completely unhinge me. Me and my car would be going on a killing spree (of 2). And I'm about half joking.

Don't be so bloody ridiculous.

We haven't won any of the last eight league games. With Portsmouth away, a morale-boosting battering by Man Utd in the cup, the Liverpool at home, Wigan away that could stretch to 11.

Are you seriously telling me that we wouldn't sack him then? because by the time the next game comes along, Stoke at home, the crowd would most definitely be against him.

We've canned plenty of managers.

I am serious - how many managers has JW canned Bryan.

Is it JW or Rovers you're talking about?

Hodgson, Kidd, if we didn't can Parkes he was made to walk the plank, Mackay, Saxton, ... how far back do you want to go? Can't think of too many of those being given a whole season, and I think they were all better than Ince.

If we're 6 or 7 points adrift in January, Ince will still have 2 or 3 months? sorry, can't see it.

JW - see the odds - Good news is Hughes could be out first acording to Paddy Power!

11/4 Megson

13/2 Zola

7/1 Hodgson

7/1 Hughes

11/1 Adams

12/1 Mowbray

14/1 Ince

16/1 Southgate

18/1 Pulis

18/1 Keane

20/1 Wenger

20/1 Bruce

20/1 Next permanent Newcastle manager

22/1 Brown

33/1 Moyes

33/1 Redknapp

33/1 Benitez

33/1 Scolari

Get him back in I say. You guys are all too soft. Souness had us flirting with relegation, but never seriously mired in the drop zone. He had the street smarts to jag an important win at the right time. A case in point was when he started Stead and Gally in a crucial tie at Newcastle. We won (I think Stead got a brace), and the competition for places up front had a positive effect there in.

Boro away. We won 1-0 and Stead scored half a brace.

A week or so later we drew 1-1 at home to Newcastle. Bellamy scored for them and Stead scored with about 2 mins left for us. That what you were thinking of?

Archived