BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

JW - see the odds - Good news is Hughes could be out first acording to Paddy Power!

11/4 Megson

13/2 Zola

7/1 Hodgson

7/1 Hughes

11/1 Adams

12/1 Mowbray

14/1 Ince

16/1 Southgate

18/1 Pulis

18/1 Keane

20/1 Wenger

20/1 Bruce

20/1 Next permanent Newcastle manager

22/1 Brown

33/1 Moyes

33/1 Redknapp

33/1 Benitez

33/1 Scolari

I find it bizarre in the extreme that Megson and Hodgson are rated as nearer the chop than Ince.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JW - see the odds - Good news is Hughes could be out first acording to Paddy Power!

11/4 Megson

13/2 Zola

7/1 Hodgson

7/1 Hughes

11/1 Adams

12/1 Mowbray

14/1 Ince

16/1 Southgate

18/1 Pulis

18/1 Keane

20/1 Wenger

20/1 Bruce

20/1 Next permanent Newcastle manager

22/1 Brown

33/1 Moyes

33/1 Redknapp

33/1 Benitez

33/1 Scolari

Yippee! I've just found the positive in all of this. Ince at 14/1? Lump on I'd say :P

We're all in dreamland here. INCE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE UNLESS HE RESIGNS

- and then we'll be left with Mathias in charge - Oooohhhhh.

1. Rovers WON'T sack Ince until March/April if at all. We've stood by our managers until the end. JW hasn't ever sacked a manager has he? BFS is NOT coming and doesn't want to. I suspect you all know this.

SAD TO SAYS SO, BUT I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ON THIS

2. Rovers will not pay Ince's compensation to pay his contract up.

NO - BUT IF HE IS IN BREACH OF HIS CONTRACT - SUCH AS NOT ATTENDING FOR HIS COACHING BADGES

3. If Ince goes we'll need a new backroom team too and they won't get settled in until we're down.

DEPENDS ON WHO CAME IN

4. Transfer Targets. For the first time in years I can't think of ONE, NOT ONE, quality target being mentioned on the grapevine. There are no 3rd world triallist going to get us out of this unless they have significant European experience.

AGAIN UNTIL INCE GOES, WE WOULD NOT CONSIDER TARGETS UNTIL WE KNOW WHO TAKES OVER

5. WHAT'S HAPPENED to the scouting network - that was here before Hughes so can't have gone with him.

I HEARD THAT THEY DID

6. BFS isn't coming - promise!

AT LAST SOME GOOD NEWS ON A MONDAY - BUT IF INCE DID GO - WHO WOULD YOU CONSIDER?Our best bet is the injuries recover and Ince out of necessity picks a settled team and we spend all our transfer budget on a proper keeper - or the understudies come up to the mark.

We will have to see this through I'm afraid. WHO SAYS - START CHANTING AT THE NEXT MATCH - INCE OUT INCE OUT - SOMEBODY MAY LISTEN. HE'D FEEL EMBARRASSED IF IT WAS DONE AT OT

Yippee! I've just found the positive in all of this. Ince at 14/1? Lump on I'd say :P

I had £500 on us to be relegated that day he was appointed, at 12's I shall have some off that 14's as well ta for the legwork mate...He is turning into a credit crunch buster for me...Hey if I'm wrong I will be just as chuffed as winning money but I can't see it at the moment GET ON!!!..................

It' a no brainer if Ince stays we are relegated.

Miracles do happen and there is always the possibility that we won't be. It's the fact that I can't see where goals are going to come from, let alone points and wins that really worries me. I can't see even the chances being created let alone missed.

2. Rovers will not pay Ince's compensation to pay his contract up.

NO - BUT IF HE IS IN BREACH OF HIS CONTRACT - SUCH AS NOT ATTENDING FOR HIS COACHING BADGES - Yep -but does he not have a year to do them?

4. Transfer Targets. For the first time in years I can't think of ONE, NOT ONE, quality target being mentioned on the grapevine. There are no 3rd world triallist going to get us out of this unless they have significant European experience.

AGAIN UNTIL INCE GOES, WE WOULD NOT CONSIDER TARGETS UNTIL WE KNOW WHO TAKES OVER

Again agreed - this means if he doesn't go soon himself by our way of thinking we're stuck with

a. What we have if he isn't allowed to spend or

b. Who he signs for the season.

GULP

5. WHAT'S HAPPENED to the scouting network - that was here before Hughes so can't have gone with him.

I HEARD THAT THEY DID - I didn't think scouts were tied to one club - so hope there perhaps?

6. BFS isn't coming - promise!

AT LAST SOME GOOD NEWS ON A MONDAY - BUT IF INCE DID GO - WHO WOULD YOU CONSIDER? I just don't know who would come with a kitbag full of professional support on our budget which is really what we need. That's the reall worry.

I had £500 on us to be relegated that day he was appointed, at 12's I shall have some off that 14's as well ta for the legwork mate...He is turning into a credit crunch buster for me...Hey if I'm wrong I will be just as chuffed as winning money but I can't see it at the moment GET ON!!!..................

Course you did mate. ^_^

Lucas Neill - Remind me, didnt we have him at one point, and struggle to make him sign a new contract?

Kieron Dyer £6m - Nobody knew he was going to have his injury nightmares. Wasnt he in the England squad every now and then before his injury problems...?

Scott Parker £6m - A central midfielder we could currently kill for quite frankly!

Craig Bellamy £7.5m - Correct me whether im wrong, but werent half the fans on here pleading with the management to re-sign him..?

Luis Boa Morte £5m - Their was no doubting his quality when he was at Fulham. The move didnt work for him, their is no doubting he was a good footballer, but you can never trully tell how a transfer will effect a players form. I mean look at Kevin Davies?

Matthew Upson £7.5m - Who needs a quality CB like Upson when you have quality like Nelsen, Zurab and Samba leaking goals...? England International remember, and im sure he will be purchased for more then £7.5 million in the next 12 months if he stays part of the England squad!

Julien Faubert £6.1m - Suffered a ruptured achilles tendon just after he joined, recovered, and has been played out of position at RB...?

Calum Davenport £3m - Didn't he score against us earlier this season, ironically the goal was assisted by Julien Faubert (see above). Was a England U21 International, his career could have gone anywhere.

Nigel Quashie £1.75m - Scotland International. Never purchased as a intended 1st teamer, was purchased for competition of places, and as cover for injury. Ie, so he didnt have to play players out of position... ;)

Yes im sure you have several West Ham supporter buddies that think badly of Curbs. But the simple fact is, if it wasn't for Curbs they would be playing in the Championship this season... They shouldn't forget that.

We are in the same position West Ham were in last season table wise, the managerial change worked for them...

Our best bet is the injuries recover and Ince out of necessity picks a settled team and we spend all our transfer budget on a proper keeper - or the understudies come up to the mark.

A goalkeeper is only as good as his defence, as far as im concerned we would have conceeded far far more goals this season if it wasnt for Robinson.

It's our defence that is the problem, and this is what i think needs addressing by whatever manager in January...

As for the Tevez argument being the reason West Ham stayed up. You could say the same about Santa Cruz, he just needs a good manager and some good midfielders behind him to access his goals.

But hey, im sure those awful midfielders under Curbs had nothing to do with the supply of Tevez... Much like our goalkeeper being effected by a poor defence. A striker is only as good as its midfield...

Can we have a list of people who seriously want Ince out, so we can name and shame later?

Stats for you to look at

Analysis of Premier League record at 14 game mark

1992/1993 (1st season of the Premiership, 4th) P 14 27

1993/1994 (Runners up, Ewood rebuilt, 2nd) P 14 Pts 23

1994/1995 (Champions!! 1st) P 14 Pts 30

1995/1996 (so long messers Harford and Shearer, 7th) P 14 Pts 17

1996/1997 (Parkes to the Rescue, 13th) P 14 Pts 9

1997/1998 (Hodgson, Sutton, Gallacher, Europe, 6th) P 14 Pts 27

1998/1999 (Relegation year, 19th) P 14 Pts 9

2001/2002 (1st season back Souness 10th) P 14 Pts 19 (we we stayed on until 18 games played)

2002/2003 (2nd season under Souey in Prem 6th) P 14 Pts 20

2003/2004 (3rd season under Souey, The year of The Stead, 15th) P 14 Pts 14

2004/2005 (Hughesy's first year, 15th) P 14 Pts 10

2005/2006 (2nd season under Hughes, The year of The Bellamy, 6th) P 14 Pts 18

2006/2007 (3rd season under Hughes, good cup year, 10th) P 14 Pts 16

2007/2008 (Last year, so long Sparky, 7th) P 14 Pts 23

2008/2009 (This year, under Incey, 19th) P 14 Pts 13

After 14 games

1. Dalglish 1994/1995 30 points finshed 1st

= 2. Dalglish 1992/1993 27 points finished 4th

= 2. Hodgson 1997/1998 27 points finished 6th

= 4. Dalglish 1993/1994 23 points finished 2nd

= 4. Hughes 2007/2008 23 points finished 7th

6. Souness 2002/2003 20 points finished 6th

7. Souness 2001/2002 19 points finished 10th

8. Hughes 2005/2006 18 points finished 6th

9. Harford 1995/1996 17 points finished 7th

10. Hughes 2006/2007 16 points finished 10th

11. Souness 2003/2004 14 points finished 15th

12. Ince 2008/2009 13 points finished ?

13. Hughes 2004/2005 10 points finished 15th

= 14. Harford 1996/1997 9 points finished 13th

= 14. Hodgson 1998/199 9 points finished 19th

I think the more worrying fact has to be the teams around us this year. Think it was mentioned somewhere that last season 13pts after 13 would of had us 12th or someting last year,

This year the league is much stronger, weaker teams have spent big (Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton) and also Hull already look pretty safe. Stoke have also won 4 in a row at home, which is a big boost for them.

he has taken us from the top six to next to the bottom, and his next game will probably achieve bottom

We finished 7th last season. I think even with Hughes in charge we would have struggled to keep up with the top half this season. The lack of money to spend is showing and then on top of that losing Bentley would have been a big challenge to any team, he not only provided the majority of our assists but also a fair amount of goals. But Ince didn't even take a gamble on a player to replace him.

Beat Pompey and the table will look a little brighter. The Christmas period is the vital stage, personally Ince has Pompey and Liverpool to pick up a win, if not then we need the new manager effect to get us big points going into the January Window and some cash to spend.

Can we have a list of people who seriously want Ince out, so we can name and shame later?

After 14 games

1. Dalglish 1994/1995 30 points finshed 1st

= 2. Dalglish 1992/1993 27 points finished 4th

= 2. Hodgson 1997/1998 27 points finished 6th

= 4. Dalglish 1993/1994 23 points finished 2nd

= 4. Hughes 2007/2008 23 points finished 7th

6. Souness 2002/2003 20 points finished 6th

7. Souness 2001/2002 19 points finished 10th

8. Hughes 2005/2006 18 points finished 6th

9. Harford 1995/1996 17 points finished 7th

10. Hughes 2006/2007 16 points finished 10th

11. Souness 2003/2004 14 points finished 15th

12. Ince 2008/2009 13 points finished ?

13. Hughes 2004/2005 10 points finished 15th

= 14. Harford 1996/1997 9 points finished 13th

= 14. Hodgson 1998/199 9 points finished 19th

Doesn't this prove our point?

The only three times we've done worse were when we were relegated and when we changed manager early in the season. None of those three times did our current incumbent lift us to safety when we were this low.

I don't think there's any chance Sam Allardyce would get the gig, should Ince get potted.

Firstly, the manager and chairman of any football club need a good working relationship. I can't see that happening after the noises this summer. Pride would have to be swallowed on both sides, and I doubt it would be on either.

Secondly, Rovers won't want to lose an entire structure for a second time in 6 months. If Ince goes, Mathias might go with him, but I would expect the vast majority of the backroom staff and new scouting team to remain. Allardyce wouldn't want the job on those terms - he would need his usual army.

My money would be on Rovers going for someone to do a job on a short term deal until the summer, and see where we are then. I think Williams might look to Souness to fill that role. They parted on good terms, and there is still a great deal of mutual respect.

There is barely a remnant of the Souness "decline" left in the dressing room (bar Tugay) so for 95% of the squad it would be a brand new face. For Rovers it would offer a short term solution, and the opportunity to start afresh next summer - in whichever division.

I don't think there's a chance of Allardyce though.

Archived