BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A big middle finger salute to Allardyce hes Bolton we are Blackburn history shows its never worked in the past with former wankee wanderers enough said please drop the subject.

And examples from history would be...?

A big middle finger salute to Allardyce hes Bolton we are Blackburn history shows its never worked in the past with former wankee wanderers enough said please drop the subject.

Who was the last former Bolton Wanderers manager who came to the Rovers? I'm not sure what has never worked in the past.

History tells us that you don't need to hack very much to get Dunny sidelined for half a season. :rolleyes:

Dunn's past injuries were usually muscle strains-----------calf,thigh. His many months out at Brum were the result of related back problems.

His current injury is an Achilles heel injury caused in that Hull game.

Dunn's past injuries were usually muscle strains-----------calf,thigh. His many months out at Brum were the result of related back problems.

His current injury is an Achilles heel injury caused in that Hull game.

Whatever. Dunny's Achilles heel is being injury prone.

btw Bottom championship club Nottm Forest are lining Allardyce up apparently. Maybe thats how far we need to fall for some wise old sages on here........ :unsure:

you've kind of disproved your theory as one season mid table hardly represents success.

Far from it. Success - I would say so on two counts

1) 9th wasn't it, not bad, and a place above us I think (and we got into Europe as Reading hadn't applied)

2) at the start of that season, were any 'experts' reckoning they'd finish that high? Wonder what Reading fans would have been expecting at the start of that season?

Anyway this has got bugger all to do with BFS so back to that.............

1 arguement for not getting Big Sam is the attendances. I dont think anyone can doubt that it would have a negative impact on a number of fans.

If we start winning games and moving back into European contention it will bring in significantly more fans than an unsuccessful manager who leads us towards relegation. I don't think anyone can doubt that.

Well that's us told!

I've yet to hear a single good argument from the anti Sam camp.

Big Sam is not a winner, two examples of his teams are whilst in charge at Blackpool they looked like they were coasting to promotion only for the wheels come completely off at the end of the season ended up in the play offs and then going out after the first games.

Second one was when Bolton went into the league cup final as favourites over a Middlebrough team who'd never won a trophy only for Bolton to be completly embarrassed again in their moment of glory.

Theres no way Allardyce should come anywhere near Ewood Park hes Bolton and whoever else he might be but hes definitely not Blackburn Rovers and never shall be.

Plus he attracts NEGATIVE press.

I think its worth pointing out that as bad as Rovers have been lately under Paul Ince the press have been very positive in general has ity not.

I couldn't care less who the bloody boss is, we have to stay up at all costs.

Everything else can go to buggery.

We could play a team of hermaphrodite bisexual eunuch dwarves managed by gordon the Gppher (would be an improvement), if it meant we stayed up I couldn't give a rat's ass.

Maybe Phil Brown is an argument against BFS.

As has been posted before - BFS decline at BWFC started when Little Phil left - coincidence?

There is no coincidence...you just have it wrong. After Brown left Bolton had two top eight finishes in a row...Hughes never managed to get us in the top eight for two years in a row.

Not sure how two top eight finishes for a club like Bolton can be seen as a "decline".

Big Sam is not a winner, two examples of his teams are whilst in charge at Blackpool they looked like they were coasting to promotion only for the wheels come completely off at the end of the season ended up in the play offs and then going out after the first games.

Second one was when Bolton went into the league cup final as favourites over a Middlebrough team who'd never won a trophy only for Bolton to be completly embarrassed again in their moment of glory.

Theres no way Allardyce should come anywhere near Ewood Park hes Bolton and whoever else he might be but hes definitely not Blackburn Rovers and never shall be.

I think its worth pointing out that as bad as Rovers have been lately under Paul Ince the press have been very positive in general has ity not.

So the logic of your argument is that good press is far more important than Premiership survival? Personally, I'd much rather have negative press and points on the board rather than favourable press as we slip into the Championship. You may not like Big Sam but there is no doubt that he is a winner. You only have to study his record at Bolton to see that. If the position at Ewood becomes vacant there is no doubt that he would be a strong contender. I am not saying that he would get the job but he would be a worthy candidate.

Rubbish. Firstly we don't need and won't get an outright winner, people who actually win lots of stuff wouldn't come near our club.

But your first example was at the start of his career...hadly fair is it? At least he got Blackpool into that position.

Second example is again an awful argument, Bolton only finished 5 points above Boro in the final table that season and past trophies means absolutely nothing especially since Boltons last was in 1953, so it was a pretty evenly matched contest which Boro won 2-1. In a one off match.

Shall we forget their win at Anfield in the fourth round and their 5-2 thrashing of Aston Villa in the semis that year(who finished 2 places above them that year)?

Thought not.

"Definitely not Blackburn Rovers" :lol: :lol: Fabio Capello is definitely not Blackburn Rovers either, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind him. What does that even mean?! We want the best man for the job who we stand a chance of getting.

And if you honestly care about the press, especially after reading a certain Oliver Holt's piece, then your opinion has to be worth very little. We got some bad press under Hughes.

Rubbish. Firstly we don't need and won't get an outright winner, people who actually win lots of stuff wouldn't come near our club.

But your first example was at the start of his career...hadly fair is it? At least he got Blackpool into that position.

Second example is again an awful argument, Bolton only finished 5 points above Boro in the final table that season and past trophies means absolutely nothing especially since Boltons last was in 1953, so it was a pretty evenly matched contest which Boro won 2-1. In a one off match.

Shall we forget their win at Anfield in the fourth round and their 5-2 thrashing of Aston Villa in the semis that year(who finished 2 places above them that year)

Thought not.

"Definitely not Blackburn Rovers" :lol: :lol: Fabio Capello is definitely not Blackburn Rovers either, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind him. What does that even mean?! We want the best man for the job who we stand a chance of getting.

And if you honestly care about the press, especially after reading a certain Oliver Holt's piece, then your opinion has to be worth very little. We got some bad press under Hughes.

A lot of the criticism we had recieved under Hughes was as a result of lazy journalism and bias. It was largely underserved. That wont be the case under Allardyce.

A lot of the criticism we had recieved under Hughes was as a result of lazy journalism and bias. It was largely underserved. That wont be the case under Allardyce.

Would you rather be competing for the European places and lose friends in the press or have relegation struggles and be media darlings?

And I'm sure Bolton fans would say a lot of their criticism was down to lazy journalism and bias. I think Mark Hughes did a brilliant job for us but we didnt play particularly nice football, except maybe for the season when Bellamy and Tugay were starring regularly. We were consistently bottom of the fair play league - maybe referees didnt like us, I'm sure they didn't but there had to be more than a ring of truth in that placing too.

There's a lot more parallels with us under Hughes and Bolton under Allardyce than many fans would care to admit.

Archived