BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

There is barely a remnant of the Souness "decline" left in the dressing room (bar Tugay) so for 95% of the squad it would be a brand new face. For Rovers it would offer a short term solution, and the opportunity to start afresh next summer - in whichever division.

I don't think there's a chance of Allardyce though.

I'd not considered that Tris but it's certainly an interesting thought. I imagine it would split opinion amongst the fans and I doubt Dunny would be over the moon if it happened.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we have a list of people who seriously want Ince out, so we can name and shame later?

I don't get it, are you saying we should keep Ince and all that data you supplied is to back-up your case?

All that data tells us is that, in recent history, only 3 times have we had a lower points total at this stage of the season. Of those three seasons, two we survived by changing manager early on and the third we were relegated.

I think that gives you a bloody big clue about what will happen if we keep hold of Ince.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

(apologies if I've missed irony or just misread it completely)

Edit: I see TGM made almost exactly the same point as me.

rog, unless you were being sarcastic, you've possibly made the stupidest post I've read on here in a long time. And believe me, there's been a lot of competetion.

I don't think there's any chance Sam Allardyce would get the gig, should Ince get potted.

Firstly, the manager and chairman of any football club need a good working relationship. I can't see that happening after the noises this summer. Pride would have to be swallowed on both sides, and I doubt it would be on either.

Secondly, Rovers won't want to lose an entire structure for a second time in 6 months. If Ince goes, Mathias might go with him, but I would expect the vast majority of the backroom staff and new scouting team to remain. Allardyce wouldn't want the job on those terms - he would need his usual army.

My money would be on Rovers going for someone to do a job on a short term deal until the summer, and see where we are then. I think Williams might look to Souness to fill that role. They parted on good terms, and there is still a great deal of mutual respect.

There is barely a remnant of the Souness "decline" left in the dressing room (bar Tugay) so for 95% of the squad it would be a brand new face. For Rovers it would offer a short term solution, and the opportunity to start afresh next summer - in whichever division.

Lets have a look at Sam's team at Bolton

Phil Brown - at Hull

Sammy Lee - helped stab Sam in the back and is now at Liverpool.

He worked with the staff at newcastle why would he not at Blackburn.

Souness always took his back room staff with him wherever he went so why would this time be any different?

I have to admit I'm warming to the idea of Allardyce, probably 'cos I'm coming to the grim realization we missed the boat with Laudrup, Ten Cate, Advocaat etc.

We aren't playing good football under Ince. We aren't pinging the ball about and lacking a finish (like Arsenal on a bad day), we're still hoofing it long or smacking it down the touchline. We've seen some link-up play now and again, but nothing to write home about. Anyone who watched the Tottenham game saw how devoid of ideas we were, especially in the middle of the park.

Like I said in the other topic, Allardyce still had good footballers in his team: Okocha, Djorkaeff, Diouf etc. Much the same way Hughes would complement our physical game with attacking players.

Lets have a look at Sam's team at Bolton

Phil Brown - at Hull

Sammy Lee - helped stab Sam in the back and is now at Liverpool.

He worked with the staff at newcastle why would he not at Blackburn.

Souness always took his back room staff with him wherever he went so why would this time be any different?

Inces biggest problem is the inadequate backroom staff, If a new manager comes in he will have to bring in his own people!

I have to admit I'm warming to the idea of Allardyce, probably 'cos I'm coming to the grim realization we missed the boat with Laudrup, Ten Cate, Advocaat etc.

We aren't playing good football under Ince. We aren't pinging the ball about and lacking a finish (like Arsenal on a bad day), we're still hoofing it long or smacking it down the touchline. We've seen some link-up play now and again, but nothing to write home about. Anyone who watched the Tottenham game saw how devoid of ideas we were, especially in the middle of the park.

Like I said in the other topic, Allardyce still had good footballers in his team: Okocha, Djorkaeff, Diouf etc. Much the same way Hughes would complement our physical game with attacking players.

Watching Rovers under BFS would hardly be a change from watching Rovers under Hughes

Sto trying to persuade me he's a good choice. I don't want to have to repeat how I feel about this guy. I wnat to find enough logical negative reasons not to take him. :D

Just do your next sermon on a 'love thy neighbour' theme and I'm sure that you'll feel much better gumboots. ;)

I don't think there's any chance Sam Allardyce would get the gig, should Ince get potted.

Firstly, the manager and chairman of any football club need a good working relationship. I can't see that happening after the noises this summer. Pride would have to be swallowed on both sides, and I doubt it would be on either.

Secondly, Rovers won't want to lose an entire structure for a second time in 6 months. If Ince goes, Mathias might go with him, but I would expect the vast majority of the backroom staff and new scouting team to remain. Allardyce wouldn't want the job on those terms - he would need his usual army.

My money would be on Rovers going for someone to do a job on a short term deal until the summer, and see where we are then. I think Williams might look to Souness to fill that role. They parted on good terms, and there is still a great deal of mutual respect.

Completely my own opinion Tris but

1. Souness was taking us down no mistake. He'd lost it big time....Matteo on the LW ffs!

2. After grabbi and the Rangers dealings etc plus his subsequent dodgy dealings at the Mags I think Souness carries a much bigger whiff of corruption than even Big Sam. If JW wants him back so much then that whiff will become a bad smell that even the trustees will be unable to ignore.

alternatively if you are into conspiracy theories lets make 2+2=5........

GS last I knew was looking to head a consortium to buy wolves. Maybe he sees BRFC and a 'friendly' Chairman as a similar opportunity.

If JW wants him back so much then that whiff will become a bad smell that even the trustees will be unable to ignore.

I don't think for a second he wants him back.

Merely offering some reasons as to why I don't think Allardyce would get the gig (in the Allardyce thread) and throwing in a name which might come under consideration as a short term fix only.

For the record (before Jan wades in) - I don't think it's the best idea either - but I do think it would have legs.

Williams has to swallow his pride for the good of BRFC, unless he is so pig-headed that he would rather the club went down than mend fences with Allardyce.

I don't see why Rovers should not have a clear-out if Allardyce came in because the present structure plainly is not working. Allardyce could have the right men in place and it all sorted within 2 weeks.

Even I would welcome Souness back at this particular juncture - for all his shortcomings at least he had tactical nous.

Williams has to swallow his pride for the good of BRFC, unless he is so pig-headed that he would rather the club went down than mend fences with Allardyce.

I don't see why Rovers should not have a clear-out if Allardyce came in because the present structure plainly is not working. Allardyce could have the right men in place and it all sorted within 2 weeks.

Even I would welcome Souness back at this particular juncture - for all his shortcomings at least he had tactical nous.

Me too - no question he would come in and shake things up.

I don't think Souness has any real tactical acumen - his philosophy consists mainly of each player winning their own individual battles. Which I don't think is the worst way to go but it isn't tremendously sophisticated.

I wouldn't welcome Souness back at all. With all due respect to Dunny now, he would have no "crown jewels" to fall back on and if people don't trust Ince with the chequebook in January, I can't believe they're even contemplating handing it over to Souness.

However, from the tortuous process of hiring a new manager in the summer, surely he does not want to go it all over again?

Err why not .... if the alternative is do nothing and get relegated ?

Perhaps we're all missing something here and that Williams came to an agreement with the Trustees over the summer to oversee a managed decline of the club and let it find its natural level.

I love a conspiracy theory.....

Not heard that much from JW at all this season.

He cannot be impressed. However, from the tortuous process of hiring a new manager in the summer, surely he does not want to go it all over again?

Perhaps its more a case of, how did I get it so wrong?

We need JW to be strong draw a line and stand on it, whilst getting the irons warmed in the fire.

Advocaat this time please, just sign the cheque JW.

After some of the stuff I'm reading over the last few weeks IE blaming players publically, trashing dressing rooms, altercations in tunnels, please give me more time, being lied too and so on. Its not what we should be reading about our club and to add on top 3 in 24, well jog on springs to mind.

Ince must know his cake is baked, he's losing it. I wonder if he was trying to bake an up-side down cake, it is what he's done to us so far.

Imagine if Ince comes through this.

We will all be looking back wondering what all the fuss was about!

It's unimaginable. At least it is for me. With my adult, weighed down by life train of thought, imagining Ince coming through this gets nipped in the bud quick smart by the unshakable perception that he is clearly way out his depth.

Ince was out of his depth before he started in the Premiership, and Advocaat is a good manager if he has big money to spend on continental style football, but we need a manager who can battle a the bottom of the division and on a budget, we do not have time for a maybe or maybe not manager!

Ince was out of his depth before he started in the Premiership, and Advocaat is a good manager if he has big money to spend on continental style football, but we need a manager who can battle a the bottom of the division and on a budget, we do not have time for a maybe or maybe not manager!

No manager is a guranteed success. Although we are in the bottom 2 I still do not believe we are the second worst team in the prem on paper, the players need a boost, they need to remember what they are capable of.

I don't want to see us appoint a man if we do it to deal with the current situation only. If people are famed for relegation dogfights and escapes then it means they spend more time in those situations than in others. So why are they always down there? Whilst a manager maybe the short term answer, is he the long term?

The club wanted a man that would focus on youth, development would BFS, can you really see us giving him the cash to buy an Anelka? BFS would result in one thing only a Big Fat Split in the fans, did over 3,000 fans not sign up for that campagin? Just because we are in the pooh doesn't mean you deal with the Devil.

Not heard that much from JW at all this season.

He cannot be impressed. However, from the tortuous process of hiring a new manager in the summer, surely he does not want to go it all over again?

JW gets paid a lot of money as do most CE's ( fat cats ) about time he starts to earn it with this Ince saga .

If it was a game of cards it would be stick ? Fold ? ( which is what will happen if he keeps ince ) or the better option Twist while we have plenty of time !

Good post Tris but I don't agree with this at all.

If Rovers do decide to get rid of Ince then I'm sure they'll want to ditch the rest of the League Two staff he's brought with him. I'm positive Mathias, Knox, Winterburn and any others that followed him from MK Dons would go. The only ones I can see surviving are that guy we got from Liverpool's scouting system, and possibly whoever came in as goalkeeping coach.

If we didn't do that and expected a new man to come and work with whoever is already there, then I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of us being able to attact anyone of sufficient quality to drag us out of this mess. If Ince goes they all have to go and give us the chance of complete break and fresh start.

Archived