BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

David Moyes spends much of his available time at Ewood; speaks well of the club (when it's objective and fitting to do so) and (one season apart) has achieved arguably more consistent success at his last two clubs, including a better record of bringing Academy players through - supposedly one of the criteria Ince was judged more likely fit the 'model' we were looking achieve over the next 3 years - with much less of the 'baggage' SA brings. Doesn't play purist football, though the media tend to overlook that fact more than they did Rovers or Bolton.

When he was BRFC manager, Hughes said similar comments to Moyes here: Most managers do not get money, you have to work with what you have and to try to get the best out of them. That is a test of coaching and management, and it is the same at most clubs."

Whilst Moyes has spent a bit of cash at Everton, there is no point moaning about it Incey, as if it is a surprise, just get on with the job in hand.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point being that there are probably better leaders, tacticians and coaches in the Unipart league than we have at the moment. We have got a managerial Dunce.

People on here amaze me by thinking that we are something we are not. Look in the mirror at BRFC folks.

1. We cannot match the finances of the top half.FACT.

2. We are in the wrong part of the country. FACT.

3. We are an unfashionable, fairly unpopular club with little or no potential for growth. FACT.

4. We struggle to attract quality players because of our location and situation. FACT.

5. We are in danger of dropping out out the PL altogether.

6. We think we are something we are not. We cannot be choosy by mulling over some Fantasy Island list of possible managers cos they bloody well wont come. Why on earth would Jol / Bilic etc come here simply to be cash strapped and ultimately destroy their reputations? Why Jol anyway? He achieved much the same as Allardyce even though he had bundles of money! Whatever we do at BRFC is the equivalent in PL terms of putting lipstick on a pig. We will still be the pig in the press and media that Paul Ince mockingly inferred all those years ago.

Time for a reallity check folks. Because we took a wrong turning last year we are now in a hell of a fix. We are not too good or too important that we can gamble with our very existence at the top table. If 'wounded bear' Allardyce can do the job for us then thats all there is to it. We're in the sh1t because some of some goon's determination to play flimsy football at all costs for no good reason! We struggled to survive in this league for most of the past decade playing a version of in-your-face football accompanied with a strong work ethic. For some reason this idiot thinks that we can outplaylteams with superior players by taking them on at their own game! The mans a bloody disaster whose tenure imo will last long in the memory of BRFC down the years for all the wrong reasons.

There is nothing to recommend Allardyce except his past record which given the current circumstances is probably far better than we could hope for. Who else is ready and waiting to come here and who will cost virtually nowt? Whatever rumoured issues there are between Allardyce and the board / trustees need addressing now, we cannot afford people standing on silly immature principles.

Hughes was using it as a reason why we couldn't kick on and challenge the top 4. Perfectly valid.

Ince is trying to use it as a reason why we're struggling to stay in the League.

Since virtually every other club has spent more than us and year on year certainly has, perhaps it is?

Since virtually every other club has spent more than us and year on year certainly has, perhaps it is?

No, it's not a valid reason when just last season the same side minus bentley (which he had adequate time and money to buy a good replacement with...or didn't necessarily have to sell) and Friedel (which he replaced with Robinson) finished 22 points clear of relegation.

No, it's not a valid reason when just last season the same side minus bentley (which he had adequate time and money to buy a good replacement with...or didn't necessarily have to sell) and Friedel (which he replaced with Robinson) finished 22 points clear of relegation.

Before you think I'm an Ince fan, I'm not. But I do think that to follow Mark Hughes has been a very difficult task and would have been for anyone. Others may have done the job better but the fact is that for whatever reason other clubs supposedly in the same bracket as us have spent fortunes just this season and we haven't. I know you could argue that Ince should have been able to after the sale of Bentley, but unless someone in the know comes out and tells us he had the money and refused to spend it then the fact remains that he does not appear to have had all the cash that we as fans think was available. The side you talk about was struggling for large parts of last season. We had some good performances but equally a lot that were not even remotely good. Last year the breaks went our way nad we picked up points we didn't deserve - Sunderland away sticks in my memeory as my son spent the whole game moaning about Hughes team and tactics just as many have done about Ince this season, yet somehow we won. I'm worried, I'm very worried, aboyut our league position and I'm not at all sure Ince can get us out of it, although I continue to hope that we just might scrape something tomorrow and start a revival, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't think moaning about lack of cash is the thing to do, but I do wonder if he has more justification for it than we know.

Going off track in this thread, but on money, Grella cost £4 million which is a big, substantial signing for us considering our resources. In addition, Pennant would have cost a few million, so there was obviously cash there.

Going off track in this thread, but on money, Grella cost £4 million which is a big, substantial signing for us considering our resources. In addition, Pennant would have cost a few million, so there was obviously cash there.

Exactly. And we must have a few million spare or else we wouldn't have got the Villanueva loan deal.

I think it's fair to assume too that there is some left over for the January transfer window. It was announced the board were pumping in that extra £3 million this summer - why would they suddenly change tack and start withdrawing transfer funds instead?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

It is completely different! Our "enemy" are Burnley and even then you can't compare it to Rangers vs Celtic, almost nothing compares to Rangers vs Celtic!

Sure they're one of our rivals but that is some Grade A tripe you've just spouted. Our hero Matt Jansen joined them, what a traitor! I'm sure Kevin Davies has trouble sleeping at night. I'm sure local lad David Dunn had major issues with signing for Bolton before we swept in, you know since he had a medical and everything...

That's three examples in the last few years, I think about that many players have transferred between Rangers and Celtic in the history of football.

Burnley maybe the old enemy but rivals not a chance! Unbeaten against them in 28 years (correct me if wrong) hardly suggests rivalry at all. It may not be "The Derby" but since We're closer to the Reebok than Turf moor and play them at least twice a year, as opposed to twice a century, I guess I consider them the new enemy.

Why is it tripe OK perhaps the comparison was a bit extreme but it was only there to illustrate a point, and display how strongly I feel about this!! Players moving across divides are one thing managers something else, completely. Perhaps you'd like Owen Coyle in charge?

Both Kenny and Souness had managed us so I used them as examples, people would know who they are. Bolton are the closest thing to Rivals we have had in recent years and I do not want the man who made Bolton in charge. Not only is he their best ever manager but along with him comes 100+ staff that he has to have, his son the agent, and his best mate a creative accountant. Its hardly as if he left a legacy at Bolton they've nosedived since he walked out of them before the season ended. He's only after the Bentley money!

Fans are split enough at the moment BFS will drive a irrecoverable wedge between us all. 3000+ signed that face-book campaign, I do not believe people's opinion would have changed. He's available thats all nothing more why did he not get the West Ham job??? Surely that was perfect for him? No money to spend, relegation scrape and all.

I feel very strongly about this and I'm sure I will not be alone and whilst I'm still mature enough to support the Rovers I would still feel betrayed by the club I have supported and loved for almost 30 years.

However you want to "class" Bolton is fine you don't see them as an enemy, rival however you wish to term it fine. As I said for me they are the new enemy.

Burnley maybe the old enemy but rivals not a chance! Unbeaten against them in 28 years (correct me if wrong) hardly suggests rivalry at all. It may not be "The Derby" but since We're closer to the Reebok than Turf moor and play them at least twice a year, as opposed to twice a century, I guess I consider them the new enemy.

Why is it tripe OK perhaps the comparison was a bit extreme but it was only there to illustrate a point, and display how strongly I feel about this!! Players moving across divides are one thing managers something else, completely. Perhaps you'd like Owen Coyle in charge?

Both Kenny and Souness had managed us so I used them as examples, people would know who they are. Bolton are the closest thing to Rivals we have had in recent years and I do not want the man who made Bolton in charge. Not only is he their best ever manager but along with him comes 100+ staff that he has to have, his son the agent, and his best mate a creative accountant. Its hardly as if he left a legacy at Bolton they've nosedived since he walked out of them before the season ended. He's only after the Bentley money!

Fans are split enough at the moment BFS will drive a irrecoverable wedge between us all. 3000+ signed that face-book campaign, I do not believe people's opinion would have changed. He's available thats all nothing more why did he not get the West Ham job??? Surely that was perfect for him? No money to spend, relegation scrape and all.

I feel very strongly about this and I'm sure I will not be alone and whilst I'm still mature enough to support the Rovers I would still feel betrayed by the club I have supported and loved for almost 30 years.

However you want to "class" Bolton is fine you don't see them as an enemy, rival however you wish to term it fine. As I said for me they are the new enemy.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind Owen Coyle in charge actually. It would be downright hilarious to steal the Dingle's best manager in years right from under their noses. He's just a man who got a job at Burnley, while he's Burnley manager he's the enemy but if he betrayed Burnley for Rovers then that'd cancel out any Burnley ties he had.

United were the enemy for us not so long ago, they still are in a way, yet our last two managers now have been ex-United. If we carry on with this quite frankly immature line of thinking we're going to rule out a lot of good candidates, both this time and in future appointments.

I disagree with you about players moving across divides being different to managers, I'd say they're both pretty similar. Man City appointed Hughes, an ex-United player. Surely if they can look past their MUCH bigger rivalry, we can too?

What are you saying about Hughes' legacy then since we've nosedived since he left? If Hughes was so good why didn't he get offered the Newcastle job when Sam left? He sure as hell wanted it.

He's only after the Bentley money? Do you honestly believe the sh!t you are writing? 100+ staff? However many staff he brings (and it won't be 100+), if Bolton could handle it so could we and if it gets us winning and up the league then I couldn't give two hoots whether he employs a team of pricey strippers to keep the lads entertained at half time every match.

Our fans are becoming divided and will remain divided until we start winning and doing well again. The fact is that until that point happens there will always be arguments about whats going wrong at the club, whats the best way to take our club out of this mess etc etc.

It's a shame that this is what you feel most strongly about.

I feel most strongly about my club doing well, beating the big guns and becoming a force to be reckoned with again.

fact remains, whether he brings 100 staff with his mum, grandfather etc he will be so much better than ince right now. as far as im concerned,i would prefer staying up playing allardyce football than playing whatever the hell we playing at the moment under ince and going down. and its interesting that nobody wanted allardyce yet he now commands his own thread.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind Owen Coyle in charge actually. It would be downright hilarious to steal the Dingle's best manager in years right from under their noses. He's just a man who got a job at Burnley, while he's Burnley manager he's the enemy but if he betrayed Burnley for Rovers then that'd cancel out any Burnley ties he had.

Hold on a minute. He has only been there two minutes. At a similar stage of his Burnley career, Steve Cotterill was being touted as one of the best young managers. Would you have pinched him? No. The point being Owen Coyle has done a decent job but has got a similar managerial experience to Ince. During the back end of last season he hardly cracked any pots did he but was given time to assess and then reshapehis team. He brought an old finsihed striker to the club like our manager.

He was given time, unfortunately in Rovers' position it is time we have not got.

WE NEED A MANAGER WITH A PROVEN PREMIERSHIP RECORD!

Hold on a minute. He has only been there two minutes. At a similar stage of his Burnley career, Steve Cotterill was being touted as one of the best young managers. Would you have pinched him? No. The point being Owen Coyle has done a decent job but has got a similar managerial experience to Ince. During the back end of last season he hardly cracked any pots did he but was given time to assess and then reshapehis team. He brought an old finsihed striker to the club like our manager.

He was given time, unfortunately in Rovers' position it is time we have not got.

WE NEED A MANAGER WITH A PROVEN PREMIERSHIP RECORD!

I'm talking more from the perspective of him being ex-Burnley. I would definitely prefer Allardyce but the fact Coyle's ex-Burnley wouldn't bother me.

Having said that I'd still say he's a better bet than Ince was, he has experience at a level two levels higher than Ince, has been managing for longer and Andy Cole with his 6 goals in 13 games was an infinitely better signing than Fowler was for us.

I thought Big Sam was a better manager than Hughes when he was a Bolton, they achieved some impressive wins!

EH?

How many 'impressive' wins did he achieve at NUFC, his last full time job? NONE

Why is he out of work.............?

Allardyce will ruin whats left of our club and will walk away with another pocket full of compensation.

EH?

How many 'impressive' wins did he achieve at NUFC, his last full time job? NONE

Why is he out of work.............?

Allardyce will ruin whats left of our club and will walk away with another pocket full of compensation.

How did NUFC do both before and after Sam's reign?

Which club sacked the only two managers to win trophies with Rovers in the modern era?

Is it just maybe possible that his six months in charge of Newcastle is a wholly unfair way of judging him? Is it possible that maybe he did a pretty good job at Newcastle, seeing as he inherited a team which finished 5 points from relegation the previous season, took them to 11th in the table then found himself fired? When Keegan joined he managed to get them involved in a proper relegation battle, whereas under Sam they were sitting anoymously in mid table.

But no, carry on ignoring the facts and keep spouting rubbish...

How did NUFC do both before and after Sam's reign?

Which club sacked the only two managers to win trophies with Rovers in the modern era?

Is it just maybe possible that his six months in charge of Newcastle is a wholly unfair way of judging him? Is it possible that maybe he did a pretty good job at Newcastle, seeing as he inherited a team which finished 5 points from relegation the previous season, took them to 11th in the table then found himself fired? When Keegan joined he managed to get them involved in a proper relegation battle, whereas under Sam they were sitting anoymously in mid table.But no, carry on ignoring the facts and keep spouting rubbish...

Oh, I see where you are coming from now - you would prefer mediocrity.

For spouting rubbish, you just won first prize

peek.jpg

Oh, I see where you are coming from now - you would prefer mediocrity.

For spouting rubbish, you just won first prize

peek.jpg

No, I am saying that Newcastle were a club that suffered from relegation battles both before and after his reign and it was only under Sam that they achieved some stability in the table, therefore he was unfairly sacked. Had he been given more time than six months he could have taken them further up the table. Is this really so hard to follow?

If we're discriminating against managers for being removed from their posts from Newcastle, then we can say the only two living managers who have won major trophies for us are both useless and were never good enough for Rovers. I would prefer he brings the sort of success he brought to Bolton at Rovers.

But no, carry on posting idiotic pictures like a five year old...it makes you look much better.

No, I am saying that Newcastle were a club that suffered from relegation battles both before and after his reign and it was only under Sam that they achieved some stability in the table, therefore he was unfairly sacked. Had he been given more time than six months he could have taken them further up the table. Is this really so hard to follow?

Hmm. Now who does that sound like?

What an immature and inaccurate post.

At this stage I'd imagine that is negotiable.

Archived