BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah OK gumboots. But I'm sure that you would not be daft enough to sign that stupid petition about who our next manager should be...... would you?

I'll bet that if all you had to do to prevent Ince getting the job was to sign up to facebook, you would do it secretly now your armed with the power of hindsight.

Why should we not get a say??

Are we not the bread and butter of the club? We may not all be involved in football, but I'm betting there's one or two on here with some badges and experience of working at clubs. Or at worst have a mate who does it.

Whilst we should not have final say I don't think our input is that out of place. How did JW find out about Laudrup? We have something to offer in this situation.

Yeah OK gumboots. But I'm sure that you would not be daft enough to sign that stupid petition about who our next manager should be...... would you?

To be honest i don't think I did join the group but if I did it was certainly not with any real thought of influencing either Allardyce or JW as I assumed that both of them were grown men who made what they thought were the correct decsions for themselves and the club and would not be influenced by some silly bit of fun on facebook. I don't believe allardyce's ego is so small as to feel the job wasn't for him on that basis and I don't imagine JW got where he is today (Reggie Perrin's boss anyone?) by taking notice of internet networking sites. Perhaps those who did join underestimated the fragility of both men.

I would choose Sam to replace Ince purely on the basis of his years of Premier League success with a low-spending club. Looking back, when we thought it was safe to take a risk, what a pity we didn't look at Owen Coyle or Alan Irvine. Both local, achieving on a shoestring budget and ,in the case of Coyle at least, actually playing attractive football as well.

I would choose Sam to replace Ince purely on the basis of his years of Premier League success with a low-spending club. Looking back, when we thought it was safe to take a risk, what a pity we didn't look at Owen Coyle or Alan Irvine. Both local, achieving on a shoestring budget and ,in the case of Coyle at least, actually playing attractive football as well.

I agree but now it's about Premiership survival, I don't want to be reckoning up who has to beat who at the end of the season for us to have a chance of staying up!

He is my undisputed first choice. I had my doubts about him in the summer cause I didnt want to be watching long ball football and I thought there was a chance we would get someone exciting in. Then I thought at least Ince "WANTS" to play good football, but I have been seeing utter rubbish all season long all begun by the stupidity of NOT BUYING ANY RIGHT WINGER!

Bolton weren't all about long balls. You can't play nothing but long ball footy with players like Nicolas Anelka, JJ Okocha, Stelios, Djorkaeff, Diouf etc. Like I said in another thread, they were similar to our way of footy under Hughes.

Yeah I really don't see the harm in having a poll here. JW reads this board, I think before he sacks Ince he'll want to know how viable the options are...and considering fan reaction was such a big factor against Sam last time I think he'll be interested to see a straw poll this time round.

I'll stick my neck out and admit l was not in the "Facebook" camp but now if you gimme BFS's number l'll see if he's free for the next 8 months cos l'd rather have that clown in charge than Coco thats running the dodgy mini at the moment. 8 goals in 2 games, thats erm.....

SH1T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. Nigel Winterburn - DO ONE !!!!!!!

Archived