BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

Well just quoting the "Keane has left Sunderland" article on BBC sport.

"Sunderland have refused to comment on Keane's departure, who was due to give, a news conference at 1300 GMT ahead of Saturday's game with Manchester United."

Source: BBC Sport

Maybe why Sam was there?

Possibly. If they get BFS then were in trouble

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can forget BFS UNLESS Sunderland don't want him. If they do then he has the chance to put a real one over on the barcodes, he will get a sizeable war-chest and there will unlikely be a facebook petition against him. Unless, of course, some devious Rovers fans pretending to be Sunderland start one... ;)

I think we can forget BFS UNLESS Sunderland don't want him. If they do then he has the chance to put a real one over on the barcodes, he will get a sizeable war-chest and there will unlikely be a facebook petition against him. Unless, of course, some devious Rovers fans pretending to be Sunderland start one... ;)

Sunderland are broke.

I think we would be slightly preferred by BFS.

We could always recommend Ince to sunderland!!!!!!! Please

With BFS now favourite for the Mackem job this nightmare could be about to take a turn for the worse.

A revitalised Sunderland playing committed, in your face football, pull away from the relegation zone after a Boxing Day win over limp wristed Blackburn Rovers. Santa Cruz finalises his New Year's Day move to City.

I just hope that John Williams has tapped up Sam Allardyce already. He must have by now mustn't he?

With BFS now favourite for the Mackem job this nightmare could be about to take a turn for the worse.

I just hope that John Williams has tapped up Sam Allardyce already. He must have by now mustn't he?

But would he consider Sunderland after the Newcastle job? Would he want to live in the North-East?

I still think we are favourites (if Ince goes etc...).

I'd say thats about £5m too much ^_^

Can't think who this £7m defender is then :huh:

Jose Enrique was quite expensive as I remember, but he's still there.

BFS is another example of a manager who does well on a budget but is totally lost when it comes to spending big money. Hughes seems to be proving himself as another. Ditto Curbishley is you compare Charlton/West Ham. Even Keane was great for Sunderland until he got them up and they allowed him to spend.

Allardyce is exactly what we need, and IMHO we could do a lot worse than Curbishley.

I couldn't agree more, but I wonder what surprise candidates may surface.

I've been giving this some thought and I have a suggestion, what about Fatih Terim? OK he's not English, but he's highly thought off remember Euro 2008? Current manager of Turkey, Good relationship with Tugay who could become a player/coach (Club man).

I honestly think we are seriously reducing our options by asking for premiership relegation experience, the choices do not inspire at all. We need to look further a field, every player we are linked to is from abroad we cannot afford english, so lets get someone who has good pull in Europe.

He is the comeback master or at least was at the Euros, Big euro profile for signing players, plays an aggressive style and he's very highly spoken off in the game.

Terim I would go for in a heartbeat. Id go for Bilic too...But at this moment, Id take Allardyce over anyone cause Id feel safe with him at the helm and he is by far the best domestic choice...

And Terim isnt Tugays cousin! ;)

Tugay played for him at Galatasary when they where all conquering and won the UEFA in 2000.

I've said my piece on BFS so won't again, I look at the domestic options and I'm worried its not just about now but next season and so on. I would rather have a Brit in charge, but all the best ones are taken. I also want someone no player can but fail to respect, he's been there and bought the T-shirt. He's the type of manager we should have gotten in the summer, we maybe looking like we are going down, but its so tight and a few new manager inspired wins and we're looking at the situation we are used to. I'd rather have someone like Terim over BFS then.

Archived