BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

It is not a poll question to be asked until the job became available IMO.

What's the harm in putting a poll up? The job might only be available for two days, JW probably will already have had a replacement in mind before he sacks Ince so putting it up after the job becomes available is probably more redundant. Additionally I doubt peoples' opinions will change significantly - its obvious Ince will go sooner rather than later.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the harm in putting a poll up? The job might only be available for two days, JW probably will already have had a replacement in mind before he sacks Ince so putting it up after the job becomes available is probably more redundant. Additionally I doubt peoples' opinions will change significantly - its obvious Ince will go sooner rather than later.

Come on lets have the poll.

Any opinion of BFS is pointless unless we really and truly want him at Rovers, his style of football, and do we really believe he could stop the current deteriation of Rovers.

At this moment in time all want is Ince out. At this moment in time I would take Tugay as a player manager. Man I would even take Tony Parkes back if it meant getting rid of Ince - even Tony Parkes wasn't this bad.

Getting Ince out and convincing the board and the TRUSTEES, (especially for Jan - who corrected my spelling) in my opinion is the first and most important task. Then we can have a debate on who or whom to appoint.

I am still not convinced that BFS is the right choice to replace Ince - but would take him if it meant getting rid of Ince - but I have a niggling doubt that BFS is not the man. So who is left???????//

Curbishley

Keegan

Souness

Billic

SGE

Jol

Because the reality is that there are not many decent managers out there who would be willing to take on the Rovers job - even more so who would survive the shock at the lack of budget available.

It would be nice if Hughes was sacked at city - and that could happen - as I would be happy to see him back at Rovers.

Lets have a poll on the support for Allardyce to save us

Why BFS?

Why not a list of possible replacement for Ince.

Is BFS the only choice? Maybe he would be peeved at being turned down last time - and could do a worse job than Ince, if that was possible.

Why BFS?

Why not a list of possible replacement for Ince.

Is BFS the only choice? Maybe he would be peeved at being turned down last time - and could do a worse job than Ince, if that was possible.

Agreed.

I would rather have Big Sam then Ince, but i would hope we could go for someone better... Don't want the Toons rejects...

Souness got us promoted and won us a trophy. But don't forget how much money he wasted on transfers...

Dalglish is a legend. He is exempt from the Newcastle rejection list... ;):lol:

And Allardyce led a side that had finished 5 points from relegation up to 11th before the notoriously unreasonable Newcastle board sacked him, appointing Keegan and sending them into the bottom 3 and narrowly missing relegation. He didn't do a bad job by any means.

And Allardyce led a side that had finished 5 points from relegation up to 11th before the notoriously unreasonable Newcastle board sacked him, appointing Keegan and sending them into the bottom 3 and narrowly missing relegation. He didn't do a bad job by any means.

Remind me, how much did he spend at Newcastle? On who... I seem to remember Big Sam spending about 7 million on one defender who they released on a free a while back..?

Remind me, how much did he spend at Newcastle? On who... I seem to remember Big Sam spending about 7 million on one defender who they released on a free a while back..?

Whos that then? He signed Jose Enrique for £6.5 mill but he's still there. He signed Habib Beye for £2 million and he was their player of the year last season.

He spent around £20m. But the good thing is he'll probably never get that at Rovers so it doesn't matter :rolleyes:

Claudio Cacapa - was he the £7m signing that went on a free? Having said that, he did get Mark Viduka on a free who, at the time, I rated extremely highly.

Cacapa was signed on a free.

I'd say thats about £5m too much ^_^

Can't think who this £7m defender is then :huh:

I don't think he exists ;)

Newcastle's transfers in 2007 (not sure which ones were in Jan before Sam arrived)

Alan Smith (Manchester United, £6m), Geremi (Chelsea, Free), Habib Beye (Marseille, Undisc.), Claudio Cacapa (Lyon, Bosman), Abdoulaye Diagne-Faye (Bolton Wanderers, ??), Jose Enrique (Villarreal, Undisc.), Tamas Kadar (Zalaegerszeg, £?), Ole Soderberg (Hacken, £?), Ben Tozer (Swindon Town, Undisc.), Fabio Zamblera (Atalanta, £?)

I don't think he exists ;)

Newcastle's transfers in 2007 (not sure which ones were in Jan before Sam arrived)

Alan Smith (Manchester United, £6m), Geremi (Chelsea, Free), Habib Beye (Marseille, £2m), Claudio Cacapa (Lyon, Bosman), Abdoulaye Diagne-Faye (Bolton Wanderers, £2m), Jose Enrique (Villarreal, £6.3m), Tamas Kadar (Zalaegerszeg, £?), Ole Soderberg (Hacken, £?), Ben Tozer (Swindon Town, Undisc.), Fabio Zamblera (Atalanta, £?)

I was trying to think of David Rozehnal, but apparently he cost less then i thought... £3 million, Your also forgetting Joey Barton (Man City, £5.5 m)

Sam initally had a transfer wish list of Diarra amongst others when he took over at Newcastle. However, all his plans got scuppered because of the proposed takeover at the time. Cannot remember the rest of the names but he had some decent players lined up. This all changed when Ashley came in though....

Someone else off the board here said they saw him too...Dont think its related, but it was probably a night out instead of staying in Notlob...

Well just quoting the "Keane has left Sunderland" article on BBC sport.

"Sunderland have refused to comment on Keane's departure, who was due to give, a news conference at 1300 GMT ahead of Saturday's game with Manchester United."

Source: BBC Sport

Maybe why Sam was there?

Archived