BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

Well said. 100% spot on. Apparently JW listened to some of the opinions here in the summer and went for Ince instead. Is there anyone with the benefit of hindsight who would not have rather had Allardyce than Ince?

Why don´t we have another poll? Allardyce, Ince or other candidates to see just how people think now? What they thought in the summer iis largely irrelevant now as finishing 7th is a long time ago and we are now in a relegation scrap. Didn´t the original post ask for this?

Well, according to the thought processes of some on here that wouldn't work. Whisper it, he used to play for Bolton Wanderers - and we are your "new enemy"! :lol:

... is the right answer.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aha just about the first one to openly admit it! Congratulations but wtf were you think of? Facebook's for spotty thick

kids and internet groomers isn'it? :huh:

You're right it is. Do you mind if I add you? ;)

I always thought Big Sam was the right man for the job, even better than Hughes and much better than some continental fairy, anyone taking on the Blackburn job needs to be able to survive in the bleak Lancashire North West know the English Premiership and be able to work miracles with limited funds, you could not find a better match than Sam Allerdyce!

I think Zulu's last post hit the nail on the head.

I will confess, there is no way I would have been anti-Allardyce had I thought for one nano-second that Ince was a serious contender for the job last summer.

How do anti-Allardyce posters feel with Souness as the next Manager?

He got us into the premiership, it'll only be fitting if we go down with him at charge.

I've said earlier (in this thread I think) that it has to be Allardyce, by a country mile. If anybody is capable of turning your season round (with your current squad and one or two additions in January) it must be him.

He worked wonders on a limited budget - and to say that all we were were long ball merchants is just as daft as saying that Rovers are a bunch of cloggers. Just not true.

This is the most sensible comment on the BFS thread. So it's not just me that thought Wanderers played some good football and weren't long ball merchants. Yet everyone I spoke to reckoned they were. It shows that the press can really hoodwink people into believing something false.

If Rovers do sack Ince and bring in Allardyce, I think a lot of Rovers fans would be pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if Beamo is the additional coach/manager's assistant the board are supposedly looking to bring in to 'help' Ince? Let's face it, he fits the age bracket, and would be cheaper than paying out compo? Come to think of it, it must be like the Last of the Summer Wine already, so it's probably compo coming in.

Why the problem with Sam's previous connection with Bolton Wanderers, and yet nobody seems to mention Ince's connection with Manchester United?

... even worse, West Ham! ;)

No, please, not Allardyce. Unless we're really desperate.

I don't want us to become the next Bolton with our stars being of the Kevin Davies ilk.

Yes - I don't us to go down but I want every alternative avenue considered first.

Are you having a joke, Bolton are sitting nice in the Premiership, you should be saying no not the next Mansfield Town, or MK Dons, looking up at the Premiership and thinking if only!

Allardyce for me now. no time to be fussy. Survival 1st,then re build next season. terrible when this should have been the season to kick on,yet we now looking to start sweeping up the mess again.

I don't want us to become the next Bolton with our stars being of the Kevin Davies ilk.

Yes - I don't us to go down but I want every alternative avenue considered first.

I love the way some of you still treat Davies as a pantomime villain. I know he had a 'mare during his time at Ewood Park - but if he was that bad do you think his subsequent career would have unfolded the way it has? He's a classic example of a player benefitting by a move. (Not a criticism of Rovers, by the way.)

And - before anyone types it, save me the "Bolton's one-dimensional game suits him" palaver. His performances for us are consistent. You could not ask for a more committed player. You could currently do with a couple like him, for sure.

I love the way some of you still treat Davies as a pantomime villain. I know he had a 'mare during his time at Ewood Park - but if he was that bad do you think his subsequent career would have unfolded the way it has? He's a classic example of a player benefitting by a move. (Not a criticism of Rovers, by the way.)

And - before anyone types it, save me the "Bolton's one-dimensional game suits him" palaver. His performances for us are consistent. You could not ask for a more committed player. You could currently do with a couple like him, for sure.

What worries me is I'd fear BFS would view Jason Roberts as our Kevin Davies, but hey, if it works...... (He did a job on KD & Per F after all) B)

If/when Ince leaves then I really hope we have better options than BFS. Given a good run over christmas we will be clear of this relegation battle, which see's us a couple of points from safety.

I just don't see what has dramatically changed since x thousand people didn't want him in the summer.

Paul Ince was our Sammy Lee appointment. We had a chance to aim high but went for someone with no managerial experience in the top 3 leagues.

Sorry - this is much worse.

Sammy Lee was an internal appointment and cost them virtually nothing. The logic was that he new the players and had substantial years of experience behind him as a Premier League coach. Sound logic but....

Ince has already cost us a small pile and this looks like becoming the pile of all piles bythe end of the season. The Ince appointment is looking worse by the minute. No brainer, no logic this with hindsight.....Piles!

Facebook's for spotty thick

kids and internet groomers isn'it? :huh:

Actually Facebook's for people who want to keep in touch with friends and family all over the world but don't have the vast amounts of time required to do so and find it hard to get up in the middle of the night to phone people you're interested in speaking to but not desperate enough to risk your beauty sleep for. therefore i use it to know what my kids at University are doing, what my son in south Korea who rarely gets round to communicating with us is up to, and what my daughter son-in-law and grandson are up to in Germany as well as other friends all over the place. Don't knock it just because some people may in your opinion misuse it.

We are really desperate.

If/when Ince leaves then I really hope we have better options than BFS. Given a good run over christmas we will be clear of this relegation battle, which see's us a couple of points from safety.

I just don't see what has dramatically changed since x thousand people didn't want him in the summer.

Just because a lot of Face book plonkers made a splash in the media about not wanting Sam, they had fantasy dreams of Mureanio etc, not Ince, also a lot of people do rate Sam they just don't shout as loud, but it has come home on them now!

I agree, every possibility first.

I always thought our current remit was to create a greater dependency on our youth system. Thats something that BFS falls down on.

Curiously can anyone remind me of what was being said about Newcastle during Sam's Reign? what sort of stories where circulating in the press? Maybe he'd do a good job, who knows but he will want it on his terms now! and that puts the willies up me.

People on here have blamed JW for allowing us to end up in a situation where all the staff are the managers and not the clubs, and your right. Will BFS accept that sort of scenario or will he insist that he gets 21 full-time staff? Thats what he had at Bolton and then on top had others. Thats what BFS required to be a success at Bolton, can we do that no bloody way.

He maybe the perfect man for our current plight but "a puppy is not just for Christmas". A remit has been set for the future of our club "youth" how many made it through the Bolton academy? (I ask because I don't know). Would BFS follow that remit?

I honestly feel theres better out there, yes probably foreign, but why should that be a problem? We have no dollar to spend on players from our own country so lets get someone they know in Europe someone who can get some decent players to come here, who can raise our profile positively in the whole.

We are desperate, but not Allardyce desperate.

PI will turn this around.

I sincerely hope you are right. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Paul Ince take this club up the table to safety. I can't see it though.

Archived