BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sincerely hope you are right. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Paul Ince take this club up the table to safety. I can't see it though.

I know it's bad if one of his staunchest supporters is now questioning his remainaing as our manager. Like you I wanted him to succeed but I can't see how we're getting out of this without a change. Problem is nobody seems to be able to think outside the box and come up with a suggestion for a replacement that fans as a whole would warm to - not like perhaps not even welcome but gradually grow to trust and appreciate. I remain convinced that allardyce is not the answer unless the question is something very strange indeed, but I can't see an alternative, and despite the doom and gloom at the moment i want to be able to continue using my season ticket.

We are desperate, but not Allardyce desperate.

PI will turn this around.

As somebody who vehemently defended Ince's right to a chance I just cant agree. I admire your optimism but personally I have absolutely no confidence in Ince.

I posted recently that some of us wouldn't like the medicine we'd have to take in order to heal our ailing club and I would be one of them. Sadly it would seem that there is no viable alternative to Allardyce's cynical approach to the game.

I agree, every possibility first.

I always thought our current remit was to create a greater dependency on our youth system. Thats something that BFS falls down on.

Curiously can anyone remind me of what was being said about Newcastle during Sam's Reign? what sort of stories where circulating in the press? Maybe he'd do a good job, who knows but he will want it on his terms now! and that puts the willies up me.

People on here have blamed JW for allowing us to end up in a situation where all the staff are the managers and not the clubs, and your right. Will BFS accept that sort of scenario or will he insist that he gets 21 full-time staff? Thats what he had at Bolton and then on top had others. Thats what BFS required to be a success at Bolton, can we do that no bloody way.

He maybe the perfect man for our current plight but "a puppy is not just for Christmas". A remit has been set for the future of our club "youth" how many made it through the Bolton academy? (I ask because I don't know). Would BFS follow that remit?

I honestly feel theres better out there, yes probably foreign, but why should that be a problem? We have no dollar to spend on players from our own country so lets get someone they know in Europe someone who can get some decent players to come here, who can raise our profile positively in the whole.

Our Accademy has been failing for ages, Allardyce's appointment cannot make it's lack of success and productivity any worse.

Which bit? Allardyce as manager or PI's ability to see us to safety?

The latter, because I'm dumbfounded. We're facing relegation under Ince, and unless we bring someone in to shake things up I can't see where your optimism comes from. And don't even bother with "we're playing some good stuff", because no one plays good stuff and gets spanked every game.

Just been listening to Talk Crap and some plonker on there thinks Blackburn have a good chance of relegation but hopes we stick with Ince because he has to learn his trade someway!

Why the surprise. we all know there are plenty around who'd like to see the back of us because we have consistently upset clubs with more money and more fans who think they are bigger than us despite the fact that we finish above them most seasons.

Ah but we have the 5 year plan.

What is that?

2008-2009 - Relegation to Championship - Loose all best players. Burnley promoted to Premier League. First mass suicide pact carried out on messageboard...

2009-2010 - Tread water in the Championship. Finish somewhere midtable. Burnley survive relegation scrap in Premier League.

2010-2011 - Struggle against relegation in the Championship. Paul Ince re-signs Dwight Yorke for 5 million to lead the Blackburn frontline. Burnley finish midtable in Premier League.

2011-2012 - Relegated into the 1st division. Club attedences drop to average of 7 thousand.

2012-2013 - Ince's contract runs out. JW breathes a sigh of relief that he doesnt have to pay any money to Ince to get rid. The club goes into admin the next day.. Tugay retires from football at age of 43. Formation of new Blackburn club AFC Blackburn announced. New club anounce plans to hire Gary Neville as manager pending his coaching badges... :lol:

Why the surprise. we all know there are plenty around who'd like to see the back of us because we have consistently upset clubs with more money and more fans who think they are bigger than us despite the fact that we finish above them most seasons.

You're a Bolton fan too? :o

You're a Bolton fan too? :o

No and never would be but it's not confined to you is it? The media don't like those who upset their favourites. west Ham can be rubbish and cheat to stay up but the media love them. clubs like ours can perform well and be basically honest as far as anyone is in football and they hate us.

No and never would be but it's not confined to you is it? The media don't like those who upset their favourites. west Ham can be rubbish and cheat to stay up but the media love them. clubs like ours can perform well and be basically honest as far as anyone is in football and they hate us.

LOL! I know what you mean, Gumboots. :D

Been mentioned already and possibly unlikely......................I know people are saying money talks, however could it be the case that we know Sam would not want to join us? Having the lowest transfer budget in the league might not appeal to him. Also, the fact he was overlooked last time could mean bridges have already been burned.

I love the way some of you still treat Davies as a pantomime villain. I know he had a 'mare during his time at Ewood Park - but if he was that bad do you think his subsequent career would have unfolded the way it has? He's a classic example of a player benefitting by a move. (Not a criticism of Rovers, by the way.)

And - before anyone types it, save me the "Bolton's one-dimensional game suits him" palaver. His performances for us are consistent. You could not ask for a more committed player. You could currently do with a couple like him, for sure.

You wont find me dissing Kevin Davies Zulu. I would imagine opposing ch's dread having to face him on a Saturday afternoon. His bad time at BRFC was down to us trying to put a round peg in a square hole..... Oh and his comfort eating.

Actually Facebook's for people who want to keep in touch with friends and family all over the world but don't have the vast amounts of time required to do so and find it hard to get up in the middle of the night to phone people you're interested in speaking to but not desperate enough to risk your beauty sleep for. therefore i use it to know what my kids at University are doing, what my son in south Korea who rarely gets round to communicating with us is up to, and what my daughter son-in-law and grandson are up to in Germany as well as other friends all over the place. Don't knock it just because some people may in your opinion misuse it.

Yeah OK gumboots. But I'm sure that you would not be daft enough to sign that stupid petition about who our next manager should be...... would you?

You wont find me dissing Kevin Davies Zulu. I would imagine opposing ch's dread having to face him on a Saturday afternoon. His bad time at BRFC was down to us trying to put a round peg in a square hole..... Oh and his comfort eating.

Didn´t he come down with meningitis the summer he signed? I don´t think he ever recovered after that and the rumours of Omar Konde and him out drinking in Preston the night before (or something like that) we were relegated was the final nail.

Archived