BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trusties

PAFELL

As much as I want Paul Ince out of the club. The aricle in the people has rasied an interesting subject. Ince cannot understand why there is no access to the money held by the walker trust. I believe it is possible we all wonder about this same thing.

Who are the trusties accountable too?

How come we never hear from them?

Why do they not want to do more to help Rovers financially in the transfer market for example. Though this is understandable with paul Ince as manager.

But the reality is that no matter who the manager of Blackburn Rovers is, they need to be supportes by the board and the trusties. But this appears not to be happenning, WHY NOT?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trust which is owned by the Walker family does have money, plenty of it in fact:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3760429.ece

Clearly Rovers was Jack's dream and not their's and that they are looking to sell the club. I think all fans wish they would pump more money into the club but its just not going to happen.

Are the trust responsible for where we are? I would say Yes.

Is there anything likely to be done about this? No chance.

The trust which is owned by the Walker family does have money, plenty of it in fact:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3760429.ece

Clearly Rovers was Jack's dream and not their's and that they are looking to sell the club. I think all fans wish they would pump more money into the club but its just not going to happen.

Are the trust responsible for where we are? I would say Yes.

Is there anything likely to be done about this? No chance.

We'll I'm hoping that the current situation gives them a right good kick up the ass. We did it on the cheap in the summer when we could have picked out a top manager.

How much money will it cost them if we go down, not only will they have to pump in to make ends meet but what sort of valuation drop would happen to the club overall. They'll lose millions.

If they don't step up to the Ockey we are going to struggle, after paying Ince and ALL of his pirate buddies their Bounty how much is left for players/compo for a new manager and his coaches. I fear not a lot. I hope they step in and give the new man some Cash, we need it badly.

We'll I'm hoping that the current situation gives them a right good kick up the ass. We did it on the cheap in the summer when we could have picked out a top manager.

How much money will it cost them if we go down, not only will they have to pump in to make ends meet but what sort of valuation drop would happen to the club overall. They'll lose millions.

If they don't step up to the Ockey we are going to struggle, after paying Ince and ALL of his pirate buddies their Bounty how much is left for players/compo for a new manager and his coaches. I fear not a lot. I hope they step in and give the new man some Cash, we need it badly.

I'm hoping this will turn out to be our saving grace. They do have the cash to get us out of this big style.

I'm hoping this will turn out to be our saving grace. They do have the cash to get us out of this big style.

I hope so too unfortunately my head has a different opinion. I've always wondered if part of the will states we need to be in the premiership, if so that maybe our saving grace. We spent quite a bit of money when we went down although we sold a lot and we spent some when we came back up. Its hardly the action of a trust that wants rid of us and have for years. The second we where established in the league they withdrew all funding, I'm convinced I'm right now I'll just have to wait and see.

Here's hoping.

I hope so too unfortunately my head has a different opinion. I've always wondered if part of the will states we need to be in the premiership, if so that maybe our saving grace. We spent quite a bit of money when we went down although we sold a lot and we spent some when we came back up. Its hardly the action of a trust that wants rid of us and have for years. The second we where established in the league they withdrew all funding, I'm convinced I'm right now I'll just have to wait and see.

Here's hoping.

There is of the course the unthinkable option - just let the club settle mid table in the Championship where they won't need to give any support and the hassles will much lower in profile.

GULP!

This is of course the main problem facing Rovers in the medium to long term, not the alleged inadequacies of Paul Ince or the identity of any future manager.

Look at our squad over the last year or two,

Reid - never the same player since serious injury - not replaced

Nelsen - never the same player since serious injury - not replaced

Savage - never the same player after serious injury - sold and not replaced

Bentley - sold and not replaced

Dunn - our only viable creative outlet in midfield but bought on the cheap as inherently injury prone and accordingly currently injured

Tugay - 38 years of age - quite a few years past his best - not replaced

At Liverpool if Rafa isn't given 50m every single transfer window the tanks are rolling up on the White house lawn and the fans are screaming for the Americans' heads.

Here the manager gets NOTHING in net terms, not a bean, and the fans don't say a dicky bird against owners sat on a huge mountain of cash which isn't even theirs and is meant to be utilised at least in part for the benefit of Blackburn Rovers!

Even a modest sum of 3-5m p.a. per season would have been better than NOTHING which is what Hughes and Ince have had.

There's still something very unclear about this whole fiasco.

To what extent is this Trust involved with Rovers, exactly? What exactly is it that they own, and do their assets have any bearings on Rovers themselves?

Because if they actually have money but are refusing to give it to us, then it's still confusing because:

A) Why have we not at least attempted to get rid of them? As mentioned, there are plenty of clubs who fail to get rid of uncooperative owners, but most of them at least stand up and protest game after game after game. Why are we keeping silent?

B ) I just don't buy it that this Trust had the money to help us but did not because they thought we'd be alright with our current recourses after Hughes, Bentley and Friedel left. There is not a single fan who would not have warned we need adequate replacements. So either they really can not help, or they can - but Rovers' fate has no affect on their own fortunes.

The trust own 98% (I believe) of Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic Club.

The trust has injected many tens of millions of pounds into the above named club since the death of the late Jack Walker.

The trust owns many business, most are profitable, Blackburn Rovers are one of those business and we are not profitable.

The trust own 98% (I believe) of Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic Club.

The trust has injected many tens of millions of pounds into the above named club since the death of the late Jack Walker.

The trust owns many business, most are profitable, Blackburn Rovers are one of those business and we are not profitable.

The Trust has in fact injected about 40m into the club since Jack's death but there's been no net funding at all since Duff was sold.

In the interview with the Egerton Vernon chappie in the LT when Jack died he stated the idea was the Trust Fund was to be supplemented by profits from the other businesses to counteract sugestions there'd be an ever diminishing "pot" for BRFC.

The Trust has in fact injected about 40m into the club since Jack's death but there's been no net funding at all since Duff was sold.

In the interview with the Egerton Vernon chappie in the LT when Jack died he stated the idea was the Trust Fund was to be supplemented by profits from the other businesses to counteract sugestions there'd be an ever diminishing "pot" for BRFC.

Does that figure include the effective writing off of the £18m two years ago when it was converted into share capital?

In reality, I dont believe we will ever find any other owner who will give us an average (on your £40m figure) of £5m per season....

Does that figure include the effective writing off of the £18m two years ago when it was converted into share capital?

In reality, I dont believe we will ever find any other owner who will give us an average (on your £40m figure) of £5m per season....

1) No, but wasn't that the writing off of money previously lent by Jack Walker?

2) You can average that out all you like Stu, but the reality NOW is they're contributing very little. The most recent 3m which was withdrawn then reinstated amidst a blurb of publicity is actually merely a loan apparently.

1) No, but wasn't that the writing off of money previously lent by Jack Walker?

2) You can average that out all you like Stu, but the reality NOW is they're contributing very little. The most recent 3m which was withdrawn then reinstated amidst a blurb of publicity is actually merely a loan apparently.

1) I was under the impression it was post 2001 lending, but stand corrected.

2) I can, I just did. I also stand by the fact that we will not get any other new owner who will invest consistantly over the course of years. In fact I very much doubt we will have any owner who continues to plough money into a loss making football team.

Whether or not the £3m is a loan we wont know until the accounts are published, but again if it isnt, it would make one year of no cash investment....

I want to know what the terms of the trust is, as far as rovers go. They lack the input when it matters most. Would it be possible to get a copy of the trust terms set out by Uncle Jack? Under some sort of FOI or something??

Are the trust or the club a public sector organisation?

Archived