BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Speed Camera's Again

yes you are, im typing on a touch screen phone. Typos are a matter of life.

doesnt take away from you being a moron, and trying to divert attention just proves it. Shall we discuss 1/2mv2 or have you not reached that chapter yet, or are the pictures to complicated for you?

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes you are, im typing on a touch screen phone. Typos are a matter of life.

doesnt take away from you being a moron, and trying to divert attention just proves it. Shall we discuss 1/2mv2 or have you not reached that chapter yet, or are the pictures to complicated for you?

what is the point of discussing 1/2mv2 when you can't grasp the basic fact that control is the key element of safety

It is a bad craftsman who blames his tools, re the touch screen phone

B)

because the faster you go the less control you have, and relying on satnav is fine until it goes wrong

plus all vehicles on the road will have to be fitted with them and how long will that take? So until this utopian wondertime, people have to face up to their responsibility to follow the law of the land and drive at or under the speed limit.

And kinetic energy is vital for plebs to understand, as it explains why speed is such an issue.

Speed's impact, increases the energy exponentialy which is why the fatality rate ges from 20% to 80% between 30 and 40 mphalthough actually the rate is more like 80% at 35 mph. but dont let hard facts get in the way.

Id be happy to have satnavs that tell you speed limits of the road you're on, but i believe that if you get done speeding then there is no one to blame but yourself.

because the faster you go the less control you have, and relying on satnav is fine until it goes wrong

plus all vehicles on the road will have to be fitted with them and how long will that take? So until this utopian wondertime, people have to face up to their responsibility to follow the law of the land and drive at or under the speed limit.

And kinetic energy is vital for plebs to understand, as it explains why speed is such an issue.

Speed's impact, increases the energy exponentialy which is why the fatality rate ges from 20% to 80% between 30 and 40 mphalthough actually the rate is more like 80% at 35 mph. but dont let hard facts get in the way.

Id be happy to have satnavs that tell you speed limits of the road you're on, but i believe that if you get done speeding then there is no one to blame but yourself.

Are you calling me a pleb?

well youre a moron then and shouldnt be on the roads at all.

Still that means you cant complain about anyone doing drugs, getting drunk or having ellicit sex, because they might get bored otherwise.

:wstu:

how goes physics for dummies?

Nice behaviour from a moderator I don't think. You appear to be losing control. Rule 4 may as well not exist. If I respond in similar fashion I get a ban right? Rather typical small man syndrome if you don't mind me saying so.

I was done for travelling at 82 on the M6 at Knutsford 5 or 6 years ago - this was not in road works and I can only assume it was from a camera on a bridge as I informed of this by post. Your assertions that there are not cameras on the motorways outside of roadworks are wrong.

Id say pathetic. :unsure:

Sorry Abbey, humour doesn't belong on here does it? Not like we are Rovers' fans having a bit of a chat.

The cameras on the bridges over motorways are probably installed by the Highways Agency for traffic management purposes.

PM me for a pint before the next home game. I'll buy.

Cheers

so they arent on the motorways - pedantic point but hey.

There are cameras where there are the speed control systems, such as teh one on the M42 by the NEC (M6 to M40) and on the M25, thats where they have the gantries with the speed limits in the red roundle.

I was done for travelling at 82 on the M6 at Knutsford 5 or 6 years ago - this was not in road works and I can only assume it was from a camera on a bridge as I informed of this by post. Your assertions that there are not cameras on the motorways outside of roadworks are wrong.

I've often seen speed cameras in vans on bridges over the M65 and M55 (no roadworks present). Sneakiest was regularly looking at traffic on the sliproad joining the M65 (E) at J6 (Whitebirk) - hardly an accident blackspot. It used to be parked on the approach to a farm bridge (Cowhill Fold Farm?), filming through a gap in the bushes!

More bad news for for the speed cowboys.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...ph-1640157.html

So now we are not going to be able to go on a pleasant country run without enduring the eyesore of scores of ugly yellow boxes spoiling the few beauty spots we have left. It's not the 50mph that bothers me.That is probably enough on country lanes, it's the every increasing surveillance that I object to. (And don't try to tell me that average speed monitoring can be recorded without constant surveillence.)

Are we to be left with any pleasures in life apart from the obvious pleasure that Jim gets from seeing the rest of the world being made as miserable as he is.

So now we are not going to be able to go on a pleasant country run without enduring the eyesore of scores of ugly yellow boxes spoiling the few beauty spots we have left. It's not the 50mph that bothers me.That is probably enough on country lanes, it's the every increasing surveillance that I object to. (And don't try to tell me that average speed monitoring can be recorded without constant surveillence.)

Are we to be left with any pleasures in life apart from the obvious pleasure that Jim gets from seeing the rest of the world being made as miserable as he is.

It's not just country lanes though is it, it's also every single carriageway A-road in the country, no matter how wide, flat and straight it may be. I suspect that it is not so much that the surveillance is required to police the new limit, but more the new limit is a good excuse to wheel out the surveillance.

Your assertions that there are not cameras on the motorways outside of roadworks are wrong.

I think that has generally been accepted by everyone apart from Colin and Flops quite some time ago .......

When Colin makes a positive assertion ............always check the time he makes it and draw the appropiate conclusion . :wacko:

So you are recommending sleeping policemen on every road and speed limitters in every car are you?

Are you heck. You're whole argument against speed camera's is based on the fact that you have to pay a fine to the government if and when you're caught, and you can't cope with that - otherwise how can you accept speed limitters?

If you was interested in saving lives, you would abide by the speed limits. Go figure that one.

I was simply making the point that there are more effective methods of slowing cars down than speed cameras . That is indisputably true .

And that the speed limits on our roads are not necessarily conducive with "saving lives" but , combined with the mania for cameras , are maintained primarily to serve the interests of the treasury .

It is interesting to see that the "experts" are finally beginning to tentatively address the serious problem of excessive speeds on country lanes - where , incredibly , it is still possible to hurtle along at 60 MPH . I know of many such roads that don't even have the room for two cars to pass each other !

Perhaps somebody could tell me why the "experts" have been concentrating for years now on installing cameras on routes where drivers are likely to be caught when all along the greatest danger of all has barely been looked at .

That danger , which is obvious to anyone who drives regularly , is that the whole system of defined speed limits on motorways , A and B roads etc . is archaic and is itself the cause of accidents . It is BAD driving and the INNAPPROPIATE use of speed that is the cause of accidents ; not speed itself .

The only problem is that education and training and investment on the road infrastructure is needed to curb such activities - and that costs money rather than raises it . At present it is in the government's interest for the cameras to remain . Safety doesn't come into it . Money does .

I was simply making the point that there are more effective methods of slowing cars down than speed cameras . That is indisputably true .

Right for once Enoch. Well done.

One is called the brake pedal, and the other is called the accelerator pedal. You press the former and ease up on the latter to keep your speed down.

Quite simple really.

Perhaps somebody could tell me why the "experts" have been concentrating for years now on installing cameras on routes where drivers are likely to be caught when all along the greatest danger of all has barely been looked at .

That danger , which is obvious to anyone who drives regularly , is that the whole system of defined speed limits on motorways , A and B roads etc . is archaic and is itself the cause of accidents . It is BAD driving and the INNAPPROPIATE use of speed that is the cause of accidents ; not speed itself .

The only problem is that education and training and investment on the road infrastructure is needed to curb such activities - and that costs money rather than raises it . At present it is in the government's interest for the cameras to remain . Safety doesn't come into it . Money does .

Hi Phil,

"Experts" have been installing speed/safety cameras at places where there is a concentration of accidents. Maybe rural roads don't have this concentration of accidents.

I'm not sure where you are going with your other comment. Can you define why speed limits are the cause of accidents.

If you think think that it is "BAD driving and the INNAPPROPRIATE use of speed" then what is your solution? How are you suggesting that the problem be solved?

Cheers

Archived