BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The World's Ugliest Stadiums

World's Ugliest Stadiums: That's an easy one. Without a doubt 3 strong candidates are (in no particular order):-

East Stirling.

Cowdenbeath.

Stenhousemuir.

If anybody knows of any senior club with a worse one than them please name it.....I will be astounded.

World's Ugliest Stadiums: That's an easy one. Without a doubt 3 strong candidates are (in no particular order):-

East Stirling.

Cowdenbeath.

Stenhousemuir.

If anybody knows of any senior club with a worse one than them please name it.....I will be astounded.

Ayr United

East Stirling.

Cowdenbeath.

Stenhousemuir.

arbroath....and it stinks of smoked fish

I prefer all of them on there to the likes of the Riverside, Pride Park and all the other horrible breeze blocks in our country. Not forgeting the Reebok!

The Mestalla in Valencia is a quality stadium. Cracking atmosphere and cant see why they've put that on the list. As for the Maraccana, i think it's beautiful and a crackin backdrop of Rio behind it.

The old Maine Road after ther re-developed it had to be up there as Grade A ugly.

Old Trafford is soullessly grotesque now- surely the most unpreposessing 70,000+ stadium in the world. Get absolutely zero buzz about it.

St James' Park Newcastle is atrocious as well. At least Ewood is lop-sided with character. City Ground Nottingham has a fabulous location but is just HORRIBLE.

Has anyone seen the Spurs stadium?

Look at the Emirates and look at it!There exactly the same!Hahaha!

Bet that goes down well with Le Arse! :lol:

Even the business model and funding are identical...

If you see something that works, copy it. At least the builders can have no excuse for not hitting their estimates!

East Stirling.

Cowdenbeath.

Stenhousemuir.

I have been to these grounds a few times and although they are dumps at least they have a bit of character about them i would much rather go to them than some of the other 1 stand grounds that are in the scottish lower div's

I went to the JJB Stadium for the 1st time this season and thought it was a depressing place for several reasons including the fact that it sems to be built in a DIY shop's carpark. An absolute dump inside as well. Personally I don't mind Turd Moor and have enjoyed all my visits there over the years.

Sadly football is lacking grounds with character in this country.

The few that were left are in danger of demolition, many of those that I loved as a kid have gone.

I was lucky enough to get to many grounds due to the old fella being on the football league panel. Roker Park and Ayresome Park spring to mind with some serious memories. Most modern grounds fit the identikit mould. Thanks Colin Moynihan.

I went to the JJB Stadium for the 1st time this season and thought it was a depressing place for several reasons including the fact that it sems to be built in a DIY shop's carpark. An absolute dump inside as well. Personally I don't mind Turd Moor and have enjoyed all my visits there over the years.

I agree with you.

Turf Moor has an original atomosphere and charactor, I think it's very British. at the other end of the spectrum I think very ugly like Reebok, City of Manchester type stadium (including surroundings of stadium). i never been to Wembley and Ascum's new stadium, these are looks so really ugly.

I thought British has the splendid history and culture and they(you?) are very smart.

when make a new building, they has to create on the basis of it .... however, I should change my mind a little bit...

The few that were left are in danger of demolition, many of those that I loved as a kid have gone.

I think so too, Very Sadly....

I was lucky enough to get to many grounds due to the old fella being on the football league panel. Roker Park and Ayresome Park spring to mind with some serious memories. Most modern grounds fit the identikit mould. Thanks Colin Moynihan.

Ay Stu.. I quite agree. the new stadia have a wanna-be American feel to them and it sickens me as I have loved everyone of the old Brit parks I've been to..... Love ewood, obviously. but decepit stadia like Loftus Rd. and crappy old Filbert St. are manna to me!!!

The old Maine Road after ther re-developed it had to be up there as Grade A ugly.

Old Trafford is soullessly grotesque now- surely the most unpreposessing 70,000+ stadium in the world. Get absolutely zero buzz about it.

St James' Park Newcastle is atrocious as well. At least Ewood is lop-sided with character. City Ground Nottingham has a fabulous location but is just HORRIBLE.

Yes Ewood has character,dozens of miserable characters leaving the ugliest stand in the Prem, 15 minutes before the end.

THE RIVERSIDE.

Yes Ewood has character,dozens of miserable characters leaving the ugliest stand in the Prem, 15 minutes before the end.

THE RIVERSIDE.

Newsham could stop that in an instant if he wanted. Just leave the back doors ONLY open until the 88th minute when those at the front could be opened.

Archived