BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 10

Early Years I was very much Pro-Fifa - pretty much bought every Fifa from 95 to 99. After that, I discovered Pro Evo and have been a fan ever since.

However, I definitely think I might be willing to give Fifa a chance this year....a lot of the detail sounds really good....I'd love to have Ewood Park on the game though.

(Usually i use the 'Rasunda' or 'Schuco Arena' stadiums on Pro Evo hehe

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Early Years I was very much Pro-Fifa - pretty much bought every Fifa from 95 to 99. After that, I discovered Pro Evo and have been a fan ever since.

However, I definitely think I might be willing to give Fifa a chance this year....a lot of the detail sounds really good....I'd love to have Ewood Park on the game though.

(Usually i use the 'Rasunda' or 'Schuco Arena' stadiums on Pro Evo hehe

Ivy Lane in Fifa 09/10 is almost identical to Ewood park. Only the Darwen End is different with having one tier instead of two, the rest of the stadium is as close as it could be to Ewood, far far closer than any PES venue.

Demo out now for Xbox and in the next few hours for PS3

How's it playing on the 360? Thinking of going back to FIFA after maybe a decade based on the positive reviews of people here who seem to know what they're talking about. I actually loved last year's Pro Evo though (unlike a lot of people it seems), so really undecided.

Played the demo for about an hour last night and here are my thoughts.

I couldn't believe how easy it was to score. I was shooting from all over the place and the ball was flying into the back of the net - this was on the hardest setting. Even in the player arena I could score from just past the half way line.

This might sound like a weird thing to say but the players legs look like they have been stretched. This kind of makes them look like they are running smoother but can sometimes all look like Paulo Wanchop.

Sometimes I feel like its a gamble if I am going to win a header where as last years game felt like a real jostle for who was going to win it - I could be doing something wrong here of course.

The whole thing does feel quicker to me even though they said it was actually going to be slowed down so not sure whats going on there. I felt at times like the screen was moving up the pitch rather than the players and ball (I am not sure if that makes any sense but I don't know how else to say it)

They do seem to have put some effort into making the ball bobble around but at times this seems to happen a bit to much and it can feel like a sunday league game.

Having read the above back it could sound like I don't like it but strangely I do and wanted to carry on playing (I admit its all very confusing). It was very nice to have a football demo that didn't end at half time. I can not remember the last game that did that.

I will be getting this but this may be the year I go back to getting two football games again.

couldnt sleep last night so had a play, my views.

it looks great, theres so much detail compared to the last one, iv noticed a few small things that made me think this could again be the year of fifa, players try to fight defenders away from the ball, if you make a wrong touch the ball may go too far or get stuck under your legs, keepers react depending their environment, ie a shot when theres a few defenders in the way may result in the keeper not going for the ball. all the players feel solid (hard to explain) defenders make a last chance lunge when they are the last man. the ref will now hand out a card if there was a challenge yet advantage is played at the next dead ball/throw in poor points would be-its really easy to score, its too easy to gain/concede a free kick or penalty, the players studs seem to stay ontop of the truf, at times players feel heavy

I plays well enough to warrent buying it anyway - I hope this ad your face malarky works properly.

I signed up for the trial a couple of days ago but still await the welcome email that was meant to go out. I remember trying to get it to work on other games but it just didn't work properly. Like you say though hopefully it does work. I see myself the answer to the Rovers striking problems.

Im with you American.

The shooting in the Arena is much easier (probably because its a crap keeper) - however in the games it isnt easier to score.

All put the game to the highest level - choose Chicago Fire and play Barca - tell me its easy then...

Played the demo quite a bit and agree that it is an improvement on FIFA 09 (which I am still playing, shows what a quality game that is). They have pretty much got rid of all the bugs and worked on all aspects of the gameplay, which has had a positive effect.

EA have said that the demo build is quite old and that in the final build the goalies are much much better.

My 2 concerns are that I feel that the game is too fast and that shooting is overly effective, at the default settings, playing on world class I was winning games very easily and scoring lots of goals, even playing as Chicago I was scoring 2/3 goals a game. However, then I changed the shooting to manual and things have got better, my concern is that 99% of people who play online play with the default settings and have assisted shooting and that is going to result in high scoring games.

The good thing is that EA listen to comments, and the EA forums are full of people saying that the shooting is overly effective, so I am sure that they will release a patch.

Looking forward to playing this game and also to 23rd/24th September when the PES2010 demo comes out, heard lots and lots of positive things about PES from people who have got the review build and who were very critical of PES2009. Seabass (creator of PES) said three years ago that PES2010 would be the game when they got to grips with next gen etc.

Seems a decent improvement on last years offering.

Good Points

Graphics are nice and polished as with most EA games

No longer possible score from kickoff

Pace seems to be a lot more even, hopefully this will stop all the kids running through entire teams with CR7

Thw new jockey and strength play will seperate the men from the boys

Bad Points

Its seems to me as though the opposition are 'on you' far too quickly when you receive the ball which has resulted in me playing a lot of ping pong football. Maybe this has something to do the the CPU AI?

Some of the player animations are as 'interesting' as ever.

I have also heard that the demo is actually based on a very early development of the FIFA 10 engine and the final game has been improved upon consideribly. All in all a definte purchase for me.

Good Points: Im glad that players can now jump over the ball if it isnt meant for them, used to drive me mad when it would bounce off another player and end up giving them a chance.

The game is looking very good if you can master your heading - iv scored some cracking goals from crosses in the demo.

Corners are going to be very hard to defend if you can master it.

And the new free-kick idea should add alot more enjoyement to the game. Iv already got a few ideas ready for that.

Bad Point: Hope the pace gets sorted though - People like Messi are much faster than it shows in the game, they should be relative to real like last seasons game.

Also hope they have added some new celebrations into the new game, and maybe stadiums.

Anyone know if Ultimate team is part of Fifa 10 or if thats going to be an add-on again.......?

Archived