BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Ancelotti very likely to join Chelsea with a £50m speding budget and a green light for "marquee" signings on top.

Kaka and Riberry are likely to join the circus of debt and patronage that Platini says nothing about at Real Madrid but Villa (who is potentially the best of the three) could well be heading to Stamford Bridge.

Apparently it is just a matter of time before Bruce moves to Sunderland.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Martinez will do well.

Depends what you class as 'well'.

He is taking over a team that faded as the season went on - they have lost Palacios & Heskey

And they are soon to lose Zaki & Valencia.

All of a sudden, they look very ordinary.

Sunderland - if they got a big name, I was worried about - but not now they are opting for Bruce - he's just not good enough!!

Depends what you class as 'well'.

He is taking over a team that faded as the season went on - they have lost Palacios & Heskey

And they are soon to lose Zaki & Valencia.

All of a sudden, they look very ordinary.

Sunderland - if they got a big name, I was worried about - but not now they are opting for Bruce - he's just not good enough!!

I think Bruce is a decent manager

Sheva's going to get a game!!!! EDIT: Just had a thought could he be our mystery man?

None of his team are coming though are they??? Just him. Tactically very good, now he's armed with serious cash I'm keen to see who he can "attract". Zhirkov would be a welcome addition to the premiership, and I'd love to see Pirlo.

Hows his english???

I think Martinez will do well.

He will. Swansea had a good season.

Swansea have announced that celtic have approached them. Who would you choose.

Celtic or Wigan? He is a man in demand

Swansea are meeting with Martinez too discuss the future and hopefully convince him to stay. He's rejected offers before but maybe now he fancies a change. The challenge is still there will Swansea to push for promotion next season but I think the transfer budget will decide the outcome. He's worked wonders with very little cash and brought in some cronies on loan from Spain who clearly have talent and his team have played to an exceptional standard for the division they are in.

He is an exceptional up and coming manager who is adored by the Jacks but obviously has the style to coach at the highest level. It all depends what happens in the board meeting.

As for the new Chelsea boss, he done it in Italy and europe but it all depends how much time the fans give him. Hiddink's shoes are very big to fill.

Not PL but -

Florentino Perez has been appointed as new president as Real, and will be sworn in today. He has promised the return to the 'Galaticos' so no doubt some big clubs will be worrying about thier star players. Kaka & Ronaldo are apparently 2 of the targets.

Not PL but -

Florentino Perez has been appointed as new president as Real, and will be sworn in today. He has promised the return to the 'Galaticos' so no doubt some big clubs will be worrying about thier star players. Kaka & Ronaldo are apparently 2 of the targets.

Perez is obviously a Barca fan then. The Galatico's didn't work for them then, and they won't now. You can buy these star players, but if they don't work as a team, and don't get on with each other, you'll win nowt. God help the next manager for Real, as Raul and co. will go over his head and straight to Perez.

Bruce out, Martinez in? I am not sure I would be that devastated about it if I was a Wigan fan. Bruce is capable - especially in the transfer market - but broadly unspectacular tactically. Martinez, along with Coyle, is probably the outstanding young manager in the game at the moment.

Could backfire - but the Spaniard does not seem like an Ince to me. Knows his onions. Anad Wigan fans should get treated to some decent football. Might be why Whelan didn't put up a fight...

Perez is obviously a Barca fan then. The Galatico's didn't work for them then, and they won't now. You can buy these star players, but if they don't work as a team, and don't get on with each other, you'll win nowt. God help the next manager for Real, as Raul and co. will go over his head and straight to Perez.

Next manager is already expected to be Chilean 'Manuel Pellegrini'. Even though Ramos did a very good job once he took charge - God help the next few managers. Maybe betfair should open a market on how many managers he will go through next season.

As for Wigan - Rebuilding is going to be needed there in the summer. New manager and the club will of lost its best 4 players over the last 6 months (Heskey, Palacios, Zaki & Valencia).

So... Pies for relegation next season then?

Could be. They really need to make a good appointment and desperately need a striker. They scored 34 goals last season and Zaki scored 10 of those. He is sure to go as is Valencia. Bruce has done a fantastic job at Wigan, taking them from 19th (8 points from 14 games and just two above Derby) to mid table mediocrity and possible European contenders. The fact they slipped from 7th to 11th, in my opinion is irrelevent. An 11th place finish for Wigan is fantastic.

Their end of season form has also shown that they are starting to miss some of their better players. They won one of their last eight games, against a Pompey side who had failed to win any of their previous 11 away games.

Wigan need to make a really good appointment or else they could be in serious trouble. I really do not think Martinez is the man for Wigan, after all his 'total football' style probably wouldn't suit them and on a small budget, I'm not sure he'd bring in the right personel.

"It is 100% certain that I will still be at Milan next year," said Carlo Ancelloti just a week ago.

See the link here - "Ancelloti says he is committed to Milan and 100% certain to stay."

Knowing how economical with the truth most selfish players and football managers are, I suppose that when Signor Ancelloti said a week ago that it was "100% certain that I'll be at Milan next year", it was actually bloody certain from that point on that he'd be walking out on the club.

Hopefully there weren't many Milan supporters who believed the crap that Ancelloti came out with last week.

It's now five different managers in the space of two years for Chelsea - Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink and now Ancelloti. This is a club without style or dignity, run by a disgraced Russian in Mr Abramovich who according to court papers that The Times obtained in the link below, has admitted agreeing to pay billions of dollars for political favours to get his hands on Russia's oil and aluminium assets.

Link: Abramovich admits paying out billions for political favours

Chelsea's chief executive is the odious Peter Kenyon, who declared himself a "lifelong Red" and then buggered off to Chelsea for more money.

Their new Italian manager is the man who just a week ago insisted it was "100% certain I am staying at Milan", then seven days later buggered off to Chelsea.

Welcome to Stamford Bridge Mr Ancelloti.

Dingles have released Alan Mahon and offered Alexander a new deal !!!

Also released two other palyers and offered 2 more further deals. Been a busy day for t'dingles.

Also removing the big screen to allow 1000 extra away fans into the ground.

side note to dingledome, they have postponed knocking down the away end instead they are doing reconstruction work to ensure it is safe to eat food behind the away end instead of having to worry about raw seage coming down the walls.

Dingles have released Alan Mahon and offered Alexander a new deal !!!

Also released two other palyers and offered 2 more further deals. Been a busy day for t'dingles.

Also removing the big screen to allow 1000 extra away fans into the ground.

side note to dingledome, they have postponed knocking down the away end instead they are doing reconstruction work to ensure it is safe to eat food behind the away end instead of having to worry about raw seage coming down the walls.

Just as i was going to reply "This thread is for premier teams only why you mentioning burnley?" .....................it dawned on me again!

Burnley?.............premiership?.......................how? :lol:

Archived