BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Samba is a huge asset to us (in more than one way lol). We should slap a £20million price tag on him and if City want him bad enough, they will pay that. In all honestly though, I wouldnt want to loose him. Money is ruining the game! :(

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gob-smacked Barry went to City.

Wonder what he's on a week now?? surely if he'd held out he could have done better, I would have thought Arsenal may have been interested.

Hughesy I think you'll see city playing more of a 4231 next year once Hughes gets his point man.

---------Kompany---Barry-------

SWP/new-----Ireland-------Robinho

--------------New man------------

I wonder if they would part with petrov.

Gob-smacked Barry went to City.

Wonder what he's on a week now?? surely if he'd held out he could have done better, I would have thought Arsenal may have been interested.

Hughesy I think you'll see city playing more of a 4231 next year once Hughes gets his point man.

---------Kompany---Barry-------

SWP/new-----Ireland-------Robinho

--------------New man------------

I wonder if they would part with petrov.

From his recent dealings and line ups toward the end of the season, I reckon this is probably the formation that Hughes is trying to work his City squad towards. With Ireland performing as well as he has been, that just doesn't leave room for a player like Elano in the starting XI. I would, however, expect De Jong to be starting ahead of Kompany.

With a new RB and CF of the quality they have recently acquired and a bit of time to gel together and that squad will be good enough to push Arsenal for fourth.

Regarding Arsenal, you kinda answered your own question there. They would never spend £12m on a 28 year old and, in any case, as soon as Man City were interested, they would never be able to compete with the wages on offer.

Portsmouth new owner is planning a 50,000 stadium, and their fans in Abu Dhabi are over the web saying they would get full crowds every week as they are the only club in the South coast. Is it me or does ever club with a sugar daddy have crass fans who think they are the next big thing ?

Don't forget about taxes. Naturally players will ask for a hell of a lot more, so they get a healthy income.

i.e Barry on 130k a week he'll get 65k. So really he is on 65k a week with Man City covering his taxes.

Just my opinion.

Manchester City are set to flex their financial muscle to beat neighbours United for the signature of the young & talented 'Sercan Yildirim', according to The Times - for £8m.

There are also alot of rumours flying around about Benzema & Tevez heading to City too!!

Lets hope City have the good grace to spend their £100m quickly this window so that the rest of the transfer window can operate normally.

The last two windows have been crippled by City's carry-ons.

If Swansea have knocked back £2m from Wigan for Martinez, Celtic are already out of the race to get him unless Martinez is willing to completely shaft his current employers.

Manchester City are set to flex their financial muscle to beat neighbours United for the signature of the young & talented 'Sercan Yildirim', according to The Times - for £8m.

There are also alot of rumours flying around about Benzema & Tevez heading to City too!!

looks like the RSC deal is dead then regarding City, lets hope he gets himself fit this summer and we have the santa cruz back like we had when hughes was here. Unless another club comes in for him that is and offers us a good price!!

Damn straight.

I select my workplace related to how big and successful the company is and not whether they give me a 250% pay rise.

In fact, a pay rise like that would make me sick :rolleyes:

If your earning potential was likely to decrease rapidly over the next 5 to 6 years you may just consider sacrificing your morals.

Portsmouth new owner is planning a 50,000 stadium, and their fans in Abu Dhabi are over the web saying they would get full crowds every week as they are the only club in the South coast. Is it me or does ever club with a sugar daddy have crass fans who think they are the next big thing ?

Every club, including ours

If your earning potential was likely to decrease rapidly over the next 5 to 6 years you may just consider sacrificing your morals.

I don't think my sarcastic tone comes though very well via the medium of a messageboard.

I was highlighting how basically everybody hates players for going to Man City (greedy, stupid etc. etc). I would certainly see the attraction myself if I was a footballer, and if I believed in my own ability I would expect that Man City would improve as a team to match my ambitions.

Every footballer outside of the top 4 in this country right now is hoping and praying that Manchester City decide they want to sign them.

If I was one I'd be doing the exact same. 6 months work to set you up for life, everything after a bonus.

Regarding Arsenal, you kinda answered your own question there. They would never spend £12m on a 28 year old and, in any case, as soon as Man City were interested, they would never be able to compete with the wages on offer.

Maybe because they spent £15m on one a few months back? (Arshavin) Whichever way you look at it.. £12m for a player in the last year of their contract is silly money and only Man City would pay that sort of price. Same thing happened when they sign De Jong for some exorbitant amount.

Archived