BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

The People reporting that Spurs favourites to land Van Nistleroy from Real Madrid for a knock-down fee of 1.25M!

It was part written by Dave Kidd and thus is more than likely wrong. He has never got a story about Fulham right. Scott Piecha seems alright though and Nistelrooy seems like a Redknapp signing.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was part written by Dave Kidd and thus is more than likely wrong. He has never got a story about Fulham right. Scott Piecha seems alright though and Nistelrooy seems like a Redknapp signing.

And even more so a Sam type signing (MR X) wages, wages, wages = Doubtful.

Sky sports are reporting that Real Madrid and Man Utd have both big over £16m for Wigans Antonio Valencia. £16m!!! Is he actually that good? I didnt hear of him doing anything particularly brilliant last season.

Didnt we nearly get him a couple of seasons ago.

Wigan have done pretty well out of Valencia and Palacios who were signed for not much at around the same time. May make £30m from the pair!

Like him or not, Bruce has earnt Wigan around £30m in transfer fees this season and will probably throw some of Sunderland's money to his old club for Catterole and Bramble. He certainly has an eye for talent.

That said, if Valencia really THAT good? Think of the players you could get for £16m!

Hull buying Fraizer Campbell for 6 million!! What a rip off.

Couldn't agree more. He did well for Hull in the Championship but didn't exactly set the world alight at Tottenham. His appearances may have been limited, but he still didn't make much of an impact and he is certainly not worth 6 million. Hull were desperately struggling to create chances and score goals towards the end of last season and Fraizer Cambell is not the solution to their problems.

I thought his contract only had a year left on it anyway? Even so, £6m with a long contract is far too much for him. With a year less.. Hull are getting shafted.

Hull City will make it back in shirt sales alone - he's loved in Hull.

Didn't get a decent chance at Tottenham to make an impact - only game he really played a decent amount for them was in the cup against Liverpool and he scored 2. I think he'll do well playing regularly - type of player that can make his own chances and his pace is frightening.

Apparently (according to rumours) the fee is so high because Stoke, Wolves, Fulham & Sunderland were lurking at around £4m, so Hull City have bid £6million to hopefully get rid of any interest from elsewhere.

• Backroom

No way Campbell is worth 6M.... 3M at most. The transfer market is insane at the moment, although after buying Bullard for 5M nothing Hull do will surprise me.

£4-5m for derbs is plenty - Campbell is the better player - but with only 12months contract - its expensive.

Wooooah, that's a lot of money for a player in the last year of their contract. Even £4m seems a lot. He looks a good player, mind.

That's a hell of a lot of shirts.

Hull City sold out on all Home shirts this season with demand for loads more, but because Umbro was bought by Nike, more couldn't be made, as it has to be pre-ordered about 4 months in advance.

My dad wanted one for christmas so I went to both stores - they had to set up a barrier outside because too many people were queueing.

PLus shirt printing isn't cheap - so it could happen :lol:

Does anyone else find the news about United and Madrid bidding for Valencia a little strange, Sky Sports News were acting as if it was breaking news. But no one else has the story, obviously there was the report in January that United were after him and also Madrid had bid over 20 million a couple of weeks ago. That's not breaking news though, maybe his agent is trying to get a deal moving and the clubs mentioned aren't as interested as they were. I just found it slightly odd.

Archived