BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't seem to be much happening anywhere at the moment.

It's going to be this way for a few weeks I think. All players are on holiday now (or at least will be when the internationals end). No doubt agents will still be doing their bit to move players and clubs will probably still hold preliminary discussions, but I don't think there will be much concrete action at all.

What on earth is Harry on?

£8m for Huddlestone, an overweight third string centre midfield player who'd be a fat lump of a centre half if not for his ability to pick out Aaron Lennon from 100 paces.

Interest in taking Zokora, who looks useful, to Sevilla but Harry is asking for TEN MILLION POUNDS in return. If we were linked with a £5m bid for him I'd think we were slightly overpaying, but that's football. Ten?!

Makes you wonder how much he'd ask for Gareth Bale...

City miss out on another big signing...according to spanish media Barca have agreed to sign Ibrahimovich for 10 million plus E'too. They just need Eto'o to give the deal the go ahead.

I can see the owner of City getting quickly frustrated in my opinion. Might walkaway?

That is a cracking deal for Inter. Jose must have been laughing his head off when that offer came in.

As we all know swaps just don't happen in football these days :P

Unbelievable!!! Eto' is probably the best in the business. Zlatan is hot and cold and definitely not in the same league!

Unbelievable!!! Eto' is probably the best in the business. Zlatan is hot and cold and definitely not in the same league!

Horses for courses though. Zlatan is probably much more suitd to what Barca want from their main striker than Eto'o. He'll be able to play with his back to goal a lot more, hold it up and bring in the runners. I can see why they are doing it.

I think he will work really well with Iniesta, Henry and Messi.

Horses for courses though. Zlatan is probably much more suitd to what Barca want from their main striker than Eto'o. He'll be able to play with his back to goal a lot more, hold it up and bring in the runners. I can see why they are doing it.

I think he will work really well with Iniesta, Henry and Messi.

Maybe so, but Eto'o has scored around 20-30 goals a season for the past 5/6 years and with all flair players (Iniesta Xavi, Messi etc) you need someone who ill do the donkey work and do the work of an out and out striker. Can't see Zlatan wanting to put the graft in.

Maybe so, but Eto'o has scored around 20-30 goals a season for the past 5/6 years and with all flair players (Iniesta Xavi, Messi etc) you need someone who ill do the donkey work and do the work of an out and out striker. Can't see Zlatan wanting to put the graft in.

its a fair point. Berbatov was brought into Man Utd to tatically work the same way i guess Zlatan is being lined up by Barca. Hasn't worked for the Bulgarian much at all. Maybe Zlatan will go the same way?

Tuncay, wants to stay in the prem.

Out of our league money wise, mentions Tugay in his quotes, and no mention of a BIG club or I want to play in the CL.

I can live in hope.

Tuncay

Interesting.......wonder why he felt the need to mention Toogs......?

its a fair point. Berbatov was brought into Man Utd to tatically work the same way i guess Zlatan is being lined up by Barca. Hasn't worked for the Bulgarian much at all. Maybe Zlatan will go the same way?

Lets see hat happens eh! Whatever happens, Eto'o will score goals at any club and in any league. Love to see him in the prem. Would give Torres a run for his money as the best striker in our league!

Thats what I thought, not the best source but a strange comment and it is quoted.

The mention of toogs justifies it as a link, should be posted in that section I suppose.

I'd say he just used him as a reference because they are from the same country and Toogs is unquestionably the best Turk to play on these shores.

Archived