BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder what mr Platini has to say on the issue of them spending so much!!

I would think he would congratulate them for bringing in 2 home grown talented players. Then when it's a Barca Real final he will be fuming that Spain are dominating in europe!

56 million for a footballer is ludicrous but 80 million for an inferior one if utterly obscene. I'll be glad to see the back of the guy to be honest.

I would never have put Ronaldo and the word inferior together. No matter what anyone says about Ronaldo the person (with his diving and what not) he is an amazing footballer and its a shame we are loosing him from the league.

I would never have put Ronaldo and the word inferior together. No matter what anyone says about Ronaldo the person (with his diving and what not) he is an amazing footballer and its a shame we are loosing him from the league.

Inferior to Kaka. Which I think is fair.

I would say they have two different styles but wouldn't rate either of them lesser than the other.

Imagine being a Real Madrid fan today after getting those two. You would want the season to kick off tomorrow.

I don't think so. Familiarity breeds contempt. We see Ronaldo so often and Kaka not so, we grow inured of one and idealise the other.

Ronaldo is perhaps the most skilful footballer in the world. He lacks Messi's humble effort, vision and low centre of gravity but in terms of tricks, ball control, he is arguably superior. He is also strong, tall and very fast. It takes great practice for a tall guy to develop that level of ball control.

I have found it sad that Ferguson had converted Ronaldo's dizzying skill into a prosaic goal poacher with a bit of skill on the side. At Real, Ronaldo will be able to, I hope, fully demonstrate his incredible talent. Just hope that it doesn't go to his head which is all too likely given his vain personality.

Inferior in comparison to Kaka.

That's a brilliant image!

I think rover6 has been in the medicine cabinet if he thinks that Ronaldo has better skill and ball control than Messi, to be honest. Messi's as close to a complete player as I've seen in a long time. The stats say it all - one of the interesting ones is that Ronaldo scores 1 in every 25 shots, whereas Messi scores 1 in 3 (which is frankly amazing). If I was forced to pick, I'd say Messi's better with the ball at his feet, as he has a better range of options. All personal opinions though.

That's crazy money though, and United are right to accept it. They need to do some serious overhaulin' of their squad this summer, their midfield in particular isn't up to their high standards and their strikers would be a cause for concern too if I was the manager. Berbatov looks vastly overrated anytime I've seen him in a United shirt, Tevez may or may not be there and anyway isn't really a lead striker. Who's left to partner Rooney? 80 million is enough for a few quality incomings and that's a whole lotta cash off the wage bill.

Apologies if this has been posted today but today's news is a good opportunity to re-post my favourite image on all the internet:

Great stuff!

Instantly robbed and emailed around various friends!

• Backroom

80M for Ronaldo is ridiculous, Utd would have been fools not to accept - no way is Ronaldo worth 20M more than Kaka.

Utd will now have over 100M to spend in transfers, and I expect they'll bring in suitable replacements. Only thing is, now everybody knows the 80M fee, suddenly players values will shoot up if Utd are interested. Still, they should be able to find the players necassary to fill the gap Ronaldo leaves.

Compared to 07/08, Ronaldo's form this year was no where near as good. Considering how desperately he wanted to go (no matter what he said in the media) Utd probably sold at the right time and at that price you really can't argue. La Liga (ie. Madrid and Barca) will have an awesome array of talent next season.

Inferior in comparison to Kaka.

I do not think either is inferior to the other. They are both world class players. Different styles, different temprements and different ways of influencing the game.

One of them is certainly not worth 20million+ more than the other however.

I do not think either is inferior to the other. They are both world class players. Different styles, different temprements and different ways of influencing the game.

There is the primary reason as to why Ronaldo is inferior to Kaka.

La Liga (ie. Madrid and Barca) will have an awesome array of talent next season.

Suddenly La Liga has the best players in the world. Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka. Ronaldo would have been the top scorer in the Prem last year if he had played more and Ibrahimovic, the top scorer in Serie A, is rumoured to be off to Barca.

Makes the claims of the Prem being the best in the world seem hollow. The Champions League winners are already there and now the best players too.

It is turning into a two-team league though, Costa Del SPL...

You Put Your Transfer In, Your Transfer Out, In, Out, In, Out, You F*** Your Club About, You Do The Cristiano And you change your mind, Thats What It's All About ! OHHHH Ronaldo is a w***** OHHHH Ronaldo is a w***** OHHHH Ronaldo is a w***** Knees bent, arm stretch, dive, dive, dive

Man Utd are finished. Ronaldo and tevez are on their way, the golden era of Giggs, Scholes haven't got the legs anymore and Fergie won't last much longer.

Although Ronaldo leaving the premiership makes it a weaker league in terms of quality, it's much healthier for competition imo.

Man Utd are finished. Ronaldo and tevez are on their way, the golden era of Giggs, Scholes haven't got the legs anymore and Fergie won't last much longer.

Although Ronaldo leaving the premiership makes it a weaker league in terms of quality, it's much healthier for competition imo.

I suppose it just goes to show that we're not the only ones who need to worry about having their best players heads turned by bigger teams.

You Put Your Transfer In, Your Transfer Out, In, Out, In, Out, You F*** Your Club About, You Do The Cristiano And you change your mind, Thats What It's All About ! OHHHH Ronaldo is a w***** OHHHH Ronaldo is a w***** OHHHH Ronaldo is a w***** Knees bent, arm stretch, dive, dive, dive

:lol: :lol:

Archived