BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we can sell them Roque?! Ha ha one can wish!!

It should at least kick off a summer spend by clubs. I think this summer is going to be a record breaking one for spending by the top leagues.

Madrid seem to be moving quickly to secure their targets, but its leaving clubs (Milan with £60m), (United with £80m+) with mega money to spend. I expect Valencia will now go to United as Bayern want £60m for ribery, which they aint going to get! Also suggestions that United will now snap up Benzema from Lyon too.

Isn't it disgusting that Real Madrid are bank rolled by a bank?

Jealous?

No different to being owned by anyone else, if they decide it's worth giving the money then fair play to them in times when everyone is cutting back.

I wonder who Man Utd will get to replace him? Valencia is most likely being signed to replace Nani as a squad player as he seems certain to leave. My guess would be Ribery. I can't think of many others who be capable.

Isn't it disgusting that Real Madrid are bank rolled by a bank?

True. I remember Graham Hunter (Spanish Football writer- often on Sky) talking about how Real Madrid get their money to spend from bank loans:

"According to Graham Hunter, what Perez will do is go to every bank and ask them for some of the necessary money to fund his spending. Any banks which refuse will be put onto a list which Perez will publish, which will result in Madridistas withdrawing all their money from these banks."

True. I remember Graham Hunter (Spanish Football writer- often on Sky) talking about how Real Madrid get their money to spend from bank loans:

"According to Graham Hunter, what Perez will do is go to every bank and ask them for some of the necessary money to fund his spending. Any banks which refuse will be put onto a list which Perez will publish, which will result in Madridistas withdrawing all their money from these banks."

People power!!! Can we not do it? :lol:

Thats absolutely outstanding.

I wonder who Man Utd will get to replace him? Valencia is most likely being signed to replace Nani as a squad player as he seems certain to leave. My guess would be Ribery. I can't think of many others who be capable.

Apparently Real madrid want to sign Ribery as well (!?) Thats a crazy amount of money for anyone to spend.... Even with the TV rights thing I still don't quite get how they can consistently pay this sort of money.

I think Man Utd will be alright. They will have 80 million to spend and they will find someone. Plus they already have got this Tosic guy in. Many times I have waited for them to stumble but it hasn't happened. Ferguson is brilliant at picking a transfer. In eighteen years he has only made four or five mistakes, and I think the purchase of Veron and the sale of Stam are the only two really big ones.

Apparently Real madrid want to sign Ribery as well (!?) Thats a crazy amount of money for anyone to spend.... Even with the TV rights thing I still don't quite get how they can consistently pay this sort of money.

I think Man Utd will be alright. They will have 80 million to spend and they will find someone. Plus they already have got this Tosic guy in. Many times I have waited for them to stumble but it hasn't happened. Ferguson is brilliant at picking a transfer. In eighteen years he has only made four or five mistakes, and I think the purchase of Veron and the sale of Stam are the only two really big ones.

Sale of Ruud? Who then went on to bang goal after goal?

Madrid will be creating a massive hype in the sponsorship market too though so will be raising big bucks that way, they will also earn a lucrative pre season deal now and sell millions of new replica shirts with the names of Kaka or Ronaldo on them!

Its a shame to see such a good player leave our league (even if he is a spolied brat), and its a shame Kaka didnt join the prem too!!

I dont think that they will sign valencia as a replacement , tbh i dont think they can replace ronaldo he is (was) too much of a key player for them, i remember a patch last season where he wasnt on form and not scoring and they were very much scraping results.

It will be interesting to see a utd without ronaldo, they do have the young tosic who is very highly rated, if im not mistaken though im sure he was a left winger.

Wonder how many pages vinjay could have clocked up with this story :o

Holy crap, I don't believe it!

United are going to suffer big time this summer if they lose both Ronaldo and Tevez.

Disagree about the Tevez part. He's a good player, but not £25 million good.

Don't think losing Ronaldo kills them, but it puts the title up for grabs.

Mark Bosnich <------- mistake

CR has carried Man U pretty much for the last 2 seasons, I really think they will struggle if they dont bring in anyone who is almost as good. look at the CL final midfield, it was aweful really for Man Utd.

With Real, I cannot see how this is financially viable really. £19,000,000 on wages a year for those 2 alone including Kaka. and although you'd expect shirt sales to increase, people wont buy 2 of the same shirt so this increase will be split. They should really dominate Europe next year.

Wonder what mr Platini has to say on the issue of them spending so much!!

Archived