BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgraceful refereeing. How often do you see a final whistle being blown in that situation?

How is it disgraceful to blow the whistle when the time is up? I know there is a unwritten rule to let them play it out, but calling it disgraceful to actually go by the written rules is a bit much.

When they don't call it by the letter of the law, refs get bashed and when they do call it by the letter of the law they get bashed. Which way do you want it?

How is it disgraceful to blow the whistle when the time is up? I know there is a unwritten rule to let them play it out, but calling it disgraceful to actually go by the written rules is a bit much.

When they don't call it by the letter of the law, refs get bashed and when they do call it by the letter of the law they get bashed. Which way do you want it?

Exactly, not disgraceful in the slightest - if Everton has scored the other lot would have been up in arms about it being well over the 3 mins.

The only argument is whether more time should have been given due to the goals in added time. I'm not sure what the guidelines say about that.

Exactly, not disgraceful in the slightest - if Everton has scored the other lot would have been up in arms about it being well over the 3 mins.

The only argument is whether more time should have been given due to the goals in added time. I'm not sure what the guidelines say about that.

I thought they added time on for goals scored in injury time?

Like when Man Utd beat City at Old Trafford last season.

Update on Zamora from the BBC:

"1728: Terrible, terrible news from Craven Cottage. Bobby Zamora has broken his right leg just above the right ankle and Fulham boss Mark Hughes says he is out for a minimum of four months. It was Karl Henry who made the tackle that injured the striker."

Are they trying to get a vendetta going against Henry by naming him like that?

• Backroom

Are they trying to get a vendetta going against Henry by naming him like that?

I thought that, now I havnt seen the tackle but unless it was a horror one then why even bother making a point of naming him?

Good mix of incidents around today, goals, penalties, red cards, goalkeeping howlers and a goos point for rovers. Looking forward to match of the day.

I thought that, now I havnt seen the tackle but unless it was a horror one then why even bother making a point of naming him?

Good mix of incidents around today, goals, penalties, red cards, goalkeeping howlers and a goos point for rovers. Looking forward to match of the day.

If the reaction of Les Ferdinand on BBC is anything to go by, it's a bad one.

Archived