BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reported today that a Premier League manager has applied for the vacancy at Southampton. Any idea who that might be?

Houllier decided to move on from Villa?

TBH, not a clue. Who'd want to give up the Prem to go there? All the teams have their own reasons to be content/optimistic/happy?

The horrible big nosed scouser from Gillette soccer saturday one hears through the grapevine...

It's a crying shame K-mac won't work with Houllier, he's been here 16years, whilst I appreciate the brilliant job he's done as academy and reserve manager and the effort he put into stepping in when the poison dwarf did a runner, I can't help but feel a bit let down that he's going as soon as he didn't get the job (assuming he is going) if he was that arsed about it he should have applied straight away rather than fannying around for a month before he decided he fancied it.

Blimey - I thought Rovers fans were fickle. From 16 years loyalty and a brilliant job to let down and fannying about in 2 sentences. Good luck to Houllier is all I can say :rolleyes:

That news on Rooney is everything that is wrong with football and the media in the UK. Its not that the team struggles to hit its own said heights but as an extra challenge the media loves to shoot down its own players too at the "best" of times.

Absolute garbage.

The problem with English footballers is that they are complete low life cretins, without a moral in the world. This year the Terry/Bridge story, Rooney storey, Crouch story and rumours of Gerrard have proceeded previous years where Lampard, Ferdinand and Beckham have all been caught up in similar accusations.

How can you be 100% focused on football if you're trying to get court injunctions on newspaper stories based on your seedy misdoings on a Friday night? Apparently in the current squad there are two players currently fighting to get injunctions on stories based on them.

Blaming the media is downright stupid Bobby.

Absolute garbage.

The problem with English footballers is that they are complete low life cretins, without a moral in the world. This year the Terry/Bridge story, Rooney storey, Crouch story and rumours of Gerrard have proceeded previous years where Lampard, Ferdinand and Beckham have all been caught up in similar accusations.

How can you be 100% focused on football if you're trying to get court injunctions on newspaper stories based on your scummy misdoings on a Friday night? Apparently in the current squad there are two players currently fighting to get injunctions on stories based on them.

Blaming the media is downright stupid Bobby.

I am not absolving Rooney of anything. I am saying that the media are waiting to destroy their own. I havent seen a media anywhere in the world that has this attitude towards its footballers. By bringing it into the public's eye before your game, it almost guarantees that he wont be in any shape to perform thus bringing down your chances against Switzerland. Or do you actually think they did this cause of "public interest"? They are scavengers. But the modern generation are a lowly, arrogant and disgusting bunch for the reasons present in the publication. That is a whole different story.

I am not absolving Rooney of anything. I am saying that the media are waiting to destroy their own. I havent seen a media anywhere in the world that has this attitude towards its footballers. By bringing it into the public's eye before your game, it almost guarantees that he wont be in any shape to perform thus bringing down your chances against Switzerland. Or do you actually think they did this cause of "public interest"? They are scavengers. But the modern generation are a lowly, arrogant and disgusting bunch for the reasons present in the publication. That is a whole different story.

No, it's because we resent them. I'm happy to see the p***ks brought down to earth when they least need it. I have no desire for that set of players to achieve any success, as frankly I'm embarrassed that they are representing me and my country.

Scavengers? They have a job to do. They'd fill their papers whether Rooney f**ked a whore or not, but when he does, he makes it a lot easier for them.

Frankly i'd be more disgusted if the papers kept the stories from us in an attempt to win a poxy football match.

Lets put it this way, you are a supporter of Blackburn Rovers and you find out that Chris Samba has been unfaithful with his wife with strippers over the past month and we have a game coming up in a few days. Would you expose it immediately or would you handle it privately, etc...?

Serie A, but the best topic there is:

ALL THE SALARIES IN SERIE A

If that's to be believed in, the middle class of PL (incl. us) would be battling it out for the fifth spot in Serie A (if we believe in the high correlation of wages and success). Between the fourth (Roma) and fifth (Fiorentina) there's a £35M/yr difference. Talk about first and second class..

Lets put it this way, you are a supporter of Blackburn Rovers and you find out that Chris Samba has been unfaithful with his wife with strippers over the past month and we have a game coming up in a few days. Would you expose it immediately or would you handle it privately, etc...?

Like the Garry Flitcroft affair?

I expect to come out when it does, if it be on the day of a game (like Flitty, vs Leicester away) I expect the management/player to get on with the job at hand, whether that be by playing the player or dropping him.

Behaviour off the pitch is as much as being part of a club as performance on the pitch. Same at national level, he's let the country down, but if that what kind of mentality we have representing us, we have to accept it and get on with it until it stops.

Archived