BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

I cannot accept the fact that STRAUSS didnt ball either Broad or Swann from the off. It sent the wrong message to the Aussie batsmen and now they are both set, will get a foothold on the game.

Unless England break through early tomorrow, this aussie team will set a new record and take the little urn <_<

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Aus 80-0 at stumps needing 466 more to win over the next two days.

Fascinatingly poised. First session tomorrow is crucial, the longer these two stay in the more they will believe. This is truly what test cricket is all about. Forget the football, there's only one sport worth talking about right now.

Did Rovers play today T4E ;)

Nigh on no chance that the Aussies can make all of these runs, they will need to make history on a pitch that is not batsman friendly, expected them to fight but England will eventually winkle them out.

Gordon bleedin' Bennett. How long have you been following England cricket ??

Guest Kamy100
Gordon bleedin' Bennett. How long have you been following England cricket ??

A very very long time, don't worry Jim, even England can't mess this one up. Going to take patience, but we will eventually winkle them out.

I'd be so much more confident if I didn't have money on it!!

A decent last session for Australia to finish on 80/0 but surely they can't keep it up forever once Swann gets into a prolonged spell and if Broad and Anderson can bowl decently.

We need to get Katich, Ponting and Clarke, other than that I think we'll get the rest out relatively comfortably.

If Australia manage to bat the day out though and need say 150-200 on the last day with 5 wickets or so left it'll be squeaky bum time, hopefully we can get the majority of the hard work done tomorrow.

Today could be a day we'll all remember for the rest of our lives. Fingers crossed pal.

Today could be the day Australia bat and bat and bat, and set them up for a world record chase. Watch this space. ;)

Guest Kamy100
Today could be the day Australia bat and bat and bat, and set them up for a world record chase. Watch this space. ;)

Can't see it happening myself, but IF they manage to pull of the near impossible then hats of to them. England just need to ball a consistent line and length and the wickets will come, also big day for Swann, he needs to deliver.

Can't see it happening myself, but IF they manage to pull of the near impossible then hats of to them. England just need to ball a consistent line and length and the wickets will come, also big day for Swann, he needs to deliver.

Australia dont have to do anything silly. A draw and they retain the ashes. They know what they need to do, and will bat by session. If they go after the win, then England will win. Bat session by session, and if you look again they will be near the target

Guest Kamy100
Australia dont have to do anything silly. A draw and they retain the ashes. They know what they need to do, and will bat by session. If they go after the win, then England will win. Bat session by session, and if you look again they will be near the target

You are right, however the pressure on them is immense and I don't think that this Australian side are able to deal with pressure as well as previous sides.

You are right, however the pressure on them is immense and I don't think that this Australian side are able to deal with pressure as well as previous sides.

They dont have a Steve Waugh, who could bat 2 days. However Katich is probably the closest to being able to bat for a long time. I actually wonder if the Aussies, might change their batting lineup and send Johnson up the order if they looking to chase that score. Haddin as well might come in as well, and have a go and put pressure on the England bowlers. Knowing the Aussies, they will come out attacking and will want to dominate the English bowlers.

First hour of play, The Aussies notch 40 runs or so and we take two valuable wickets.

England have to take out both Ponting and Hussey because if either get set they can play for a long time. Remove 1 and the games is on for a finish today.

First hour of play, The Aussies notch 40 runs or so and we take two valuable wickets.

England have to take out both Ponting and Hussey because if either get set they can play for a long time. Remove 1 and the games is on for a finish today.

Agreed, but as long as it's Ponting. There's not been a more vital wicket all series than his right now.

Archived