BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

Did anyone else see the Aussie equivelent of Sky Sports news giving his views on the final Ashes test ?

Now he is a typical brash big headed good for nothing convict who, should England contrive to win the final test match, have his words rammed back down his throat :D

Seriously, Brett Lee looks like he is back at full pelt with a couple of wickets this morning versus the Lions 11. With Bopara dropped England are trusting the third slot at the hands of an untried and untested SA batsman.

It is going to be an interesting team selection for both Australia and England.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, the selectors have buggered up our chances again.

Bell at 3...NO. Should be Key.

Broad...NO. He'll get carted on that wicket.

Monty....NO. He hasn't got anybody out for 2 years. What about Rashid or the one I would like to see Keedy.

Aussie 489 England 292 Aussie 262-5 Dec England 198-6 Match drawn

or

England 278 Aussie 505 England 311 Aussie 85-2 Aussie Win

The weather will probably play a part so let them bat and get too many.

A series draw is the best we can do now, just not good enough.

I just want us to win as the Aussie 'journalists' come across as the kind of arrogant, irritating, intellectually challenged gobshites that nation is famous for*. And I just don't like Ricky Ponting.

*=Like our tabloid journalists, but even more annoyng. See their coverage of the last Olympics and their attempts to engineer a medal table where they're above Britain.

Personally, I'd have dropped Bell and Collingwood as well and put I don't know, Carberry or Key in, and Broad may go back to being crap with the ball again. I also think that Monty has taken the place off Rashid (who I think can bat a bit) or Keedy. Having said that, I suppose I can see why they didn't want to put in too many inexperienced players in a deciding game.

Did anyone else see the Aussie equivelent of Sky Sports news giving his views on the final Ashes test ?

Now he is a typical brash big headed good for nothing convict who, should England contrive to win the final test match, have his words rammed back down his throat :D

Name and TV Channel please ? I'll send him a reminder of his heritage.

Good to see Sidebottom recalled - fine bowler when he is on form.

Batting as ever is a worry - I cannot see England making enough runs.

I just want us to win as the Aussie 'journalists' come across as the kind of arrogant, irritating, intellectually challenged gobshites that nation is famous for.

Australian sports journalists are very similar to the Scots football writers - they're basically supporters with typewriters. Pathetic.

I think it's wise to not make wholesale changes but with only making one to the batting order it's just going to mean all the pressure shifts on to Trott, big ask for him, I hope he's up for it.

We've had our ups and downs over the series but after 4 tests it's 1-1 and although rain has played it's part we've done all right.

I'm not sure Bell is ready to play number 3 but would have bringing in Key been anymore risky? Ramps again could have flopped. Bell is as risky as anyone else I guess, we'll see if it's the right decision.

Bowling options will be interesting, like Flopsy I'd like to see Sidebottom come in.

There are going to be a few question marks over the batting but more importantly we need to take 20 wickets, without that it doesn't matter if we make 10,000 runs, we can't win the test match without getting the wickets.

This test could all come down to the toss, win it and bat first then you have a chance. If Australia win the toss and bat first then it could be a long 5 days. First session will be key for both sides, as it always is, with so much resting on the game though it becomes even more important in my eyes when it comes to shaping the rest of the test match.

Come on England, bring home the ashes, and more importantly, bring me in some money!!

The 2005 series was won by the maddest hair, Mad Dog Sidebottom has the maddest hair, ergo he must play and its in the bag.

possibly

Batting as ever is a worry - I cannot see England making enough runs.

Thats why Trott's in

(sorry)

Recent comments made by Nielson indicate that Lee is very much in the mix for the fifth test on Thursday. First time this series, that anyone of the six strike bowlers could be selected.. Seems like Clark is in, unless the pitch indicates otherwise..

For me it's drop Siddle and include Lee... Tough one as Siddle has played well to date, but Lee's talent with the bat and ball tips the scale in his favour.

Johnson

Lee

Hilfenhaus

Clark/Hauritz

Edit: Bell playing at No.3.. Not really sure about that one.

I just want us to win as the Aussie 'journalists' come across as the kind of arrogant, irritating, intellectually challenged gobshites that nation is famous for*. And I just don't like Ricky Ponting.

*=Like our tabloid journalists, but even more annoyng. See their coverage of the last Olympics and their attempts to engineer a medal table where they're above Britain.

Personally, I'd have dropped Bell and Collingwood as well and put I don't know, Carberry or Key in, and Broad may go back to being crap with the ball again. I also think that Monty has taken the place off Rashid (who I think can bat a bit) or Keedy. Having said that, I suppose I can see why they didn't want to put in too many inexperienced players in a deciding game.

Don't blow your stack Bill. Good to see your passion though, makes us trouncing you high and mighty, painful, dumb as (Please don't use that word again), mouthy, why wasn't my family lucky enough to be on those ships attitude, sob sob boo hoo bitches even more enjoyable.

Don't blow your stack Bill. Good to see your passion though, makes us trouncing you high and mighty, painful, dumb as (Please don't use that word again), mouthy, why wasn't my family lucky enough to be on those ships attitude, sob sob boo hoo bitches even more enjoyable.

Thing is, you call us whinging Poms, and yet the worst losers in the field of sport are you guys. Christ, the constant jibes, insults and excuses after any loss in any sport must belie a collective national insecurity about your place in the world. Honestly, Australians are arrogant in victory and babies in defeat. The above statement shows this wonderfully. Why all the unfounded insults? Is it because you need to throw them to make yourself feel superior because I happen to be from another country, and you want to bring me down? Hey, you don't have to prove yourself to me, I'm sure you are successful in life just like anyone else. Are you jealous and envious of me for some reason? Really, I want to know why you so readily turn into that arrogant, gobby stereotype people have of your nation.

For the record, I know we'll lose the Ashes, but I expect it. Pietersen, a frustrating but occaisionally brilliant batsman has been replaced by a bunny, Freddy is a crock and our bowlers are too inconsistent. I can live with the probable loss. I still have a job, reasonable health etc. Can you say that for yourself?

Convict boy reveals true self.

Altogether now.......

"God save your Gracious Queen, long live your noble Queen, God save your Queen, Send you victorious , happy and glorious, long to reign over you, God save your Queen.

Repeat.....

For the record I don't expect England to win at the Oval. Our batting is too inconsistent and has been all summer.

A drawn series would be a fair reflection of the strength of the two teams but because of the pace of the game modern Tests rarely last 5 days and there is almost certain to be a result one way or the other.

Name and TV Channel please ? I'll send him a reminder of his heritage.

You do realise that about 1/3rd to 1/2 of all Australians today have no link at all to England?

Australian sports journalists are very similar to the Scots football writers - they're basically supporters with typewriters. Pathetic.

Austrlian sports journalists are very similar to the English football writers - they're basically supporters with typewriters. Pathetic.

Fixed it for you.

Austrlian sports journalists are very similar to the English football writers - they're basically supporters with typewriters.

Unintelligent response from you pg. Surprising.

The English sporting press wants England to win of course but it will always criticise England when it is deserved and it does not indulge in the outright jingoism and gratuitous insults of the opposition (particularly England) that you find in the Australian media.

Neekoy's pathetic little rant would be considered fair comment in some sections of the Antipodean press.

Thing is, you call us whinging Poms, and yet the worst losers in the field of sport are you guys. Christ, the constant jibes, insults and excuses after any loss in any sport must belie a collective national insecurity about your place in the world. Honestly, Australians are arrogant in victory and babies in defeat. The above statement shows this wonderfully. Why all the unfounded insults? Is it because you need to throw them to make yourself feel superior because I happen to be from another country, and you want to bring me down? Hey, you don't have to prove yourself to me, I'm sure you are successful in life just like anyone else. Are you jealous and envious of me for some reason? Really, I want to know why you so readily turn into that arrogant, gobby stereotype people have of your nation.

For the record, I know we'll lose the Ashes, but I expect it. Pietersen, a frustrating but occaisionally brilliant batsman has been replaced by a bunny, Freddy is a crock and our bowlers are too inconsistent. I can live with the probable loss. I still have a job, reasonable health etc. Can you say that for yourself?

Hey there bigfellah, I only wrote in response to your post mate, you know the things our nation is famous for?

It was tounge in cheek bud, a direct synonym response, you call us arrogant, I call you high and mighty, you call us irritating, I call you painful.

For the record, I think Australia will retain the Ashes 1-1. And yes, my personal and professional life is just dandy.

Jim, my ancestry is Irish so maybe this is more appropriate?

"Sinne Fianna Fáil

A tá fé gheall ag Éirinn,

buion dár slua

Thar toinn do ráinig chugainn,

Fé mhóid bheith saor.

Sean tír ár sinsir feasta

Ní fhagfar fé'n tiorán ná fé'n tráil

Anocht a théam sa bhearna bhaoil,

Le gean ar Ghaeil chun báis nó saoil

Le guna screach fé lámhach na bpiléar

Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann."

REPEAT

Unintelligent response from you pg. Surprising.

The English sporting press wants England to win of course but it will always criticise England when it is deserved and it does not indulge in the outright jingoism and gratuitous insults of the opposition (particularly England) that you find in the Australian media.

Neekoy's pathetic little rant would be considered fair comment in some sections of the Antipodean press.

Don't forget I lived in England for two years and I know what the 'press' can be like in relation to England and its sporting success...James May and Lewis Hamilton anyone?

Not every sporting journalist in England is Martin Tyler or Henry Winter, or a Martin Brundle for that matter.

You obviously don't read much of The Australian print media. The Fairfax chief cricket writer (and ABC commentator) is Peter Roebuck (a Pom) who has been waging a one-man campaign to get Ricky Ponting sacked for the past two years, primarily for the team's boorish behaviour against India.

I'll let my defence rest with this:

20080225_achtung.png

only the most jingoistic one eyed little englander would not have taken 2-1 at the start of the series, considering 5-0 last time.

2-1 to the Aussies? Sad if you happy to have taken a narrow series defeat. The game has certainly gone backwards in England.

hello Iceman, since the 2006 whitewash, we've lost at home to India and South Africa, lost away to India and the WIndies, we all hoped we could win with a bit of luck, but most of us were not expecting a repeat of 2005. But after the last series, not being humiliated was most of what we could expect. Aus' bowlers are about the same as ours but their batsmen are considerably better.

hello Iceman, since the 2006 whitewash, we've lost at home to India and South Africa, lost away to India and the WIndies, we all hoped we could win with a bit of luck, but most of us were not expecting a repeat of 2005. But after the last series, not being humiliated was most of what we could expect. Aus' bowlers are about the same as ours but their batsmen are considerably better.

Fair enough Flopsy. Just im always getting or hearing negative comments from the English fans. I understand what you saying, but Australia are or were there for the taking in this series. I just sense that English teams are just to weak mentally to stand up to a challenge. Lewis Hamilton has shown that with some grit and determination you can succeed. Im hoping England can destroy SA at the end of the year.

All starts tommorrow anything can happen in my opinion. A heroic England victory? or an England total collapse to an innings defeat? Both are equally as likely really, just depends on which England side turns up.

Archived