BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another poor effort by England's batsmen on a fast-scoring, placid pitch. At 100 - 1 a target of at least 450 should have been attainable but a combination of poor shots and lack of patience has again cost them dear.

Hope I'm wrong but I cannot see an England win from this point.

Guest Kamy100

The first 2 sessions of tomorrow are going to be crucial. England somehow have to get to 350, anything above that would be a bonus and then need the bowlers to really fire. Swann could play a crucial role. If Aussies are still on top come at the close of play tomorrow then it is game over but this series has shown that this Australian side if put under pressure (ala Lords & Edgbaston) is capable of crumbling.

The first 2 sessions of tomorrow are going to be crucial. England somehow have to get to 350, anything above that would be a bonus and then need the bowlers to really fire. Swann could play a crucial role. If Aussies are still on top come at the close of play tomorrow then it is game over but this series has shown that this Australian side if put under pressure (ala Lords & Edgbaston) is capable of crumbling.

Agree with you there Kamy. Australia just have to play it cool. No stupid shots.

Worried about today, match could easily be put beyond England. Big expectations on Swann who has bowled poorly this series and it looks like a two spinners pitch. Selection of Monty in the squad when they had no intention of picking him in his current form is looking more stupid by the minute. Rashid or Keedy should have been in there.

This means that Bell will get a first ball next up, but i thought he and Trott played well, Strauss played a stupid shot, Collingwood, Cook, Prior and Fred need slapping for their shots.

Watson bowls pies.

Its game on if, and its a big if, England bowl well.

Anyone see Murray Goodwin's knock down at Taunton? 340 odd n/o from 350 balls out of a score of 700+. Somerset should be severely fined for such a godawful wicket

I’m relatively happy with the current position. With England needing a win, the nightmare scenario on the first day was Australia batting and being about 400-4, or England being all-out for 102 again. This is a position they CAN win the game from – particularly with the pitch starting to turn this early. Hopefully Broad can hit a few quick boundaries this morning and give the bowlers a few runs to play with. I certainly don’t think it will be easy batting last on this wicket and I think the game is very much in the balance – despite what people say on here. I’d probably say Australia were favourites, but only just…

Archived