BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loanees Watch 2009-10

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commentators constantly praising Mark Bunn. Commanding his area well and looks impressive so far by pulling off quite a few good saves.

[/quote

really impressed by bunn. looks supremely confident too.

treacy hasnt really done anything, apart from his snapshot in the 1st minute.

he's not beaten his man once.

i havent seen him do anything of note whenever ive seen him live and .... im still waiting! :D

Treacy did nothing all game apart from a volley in the 1st min, he looked very lightweight, gave away stupid free kicks, and never even looked like beating his man.

Bunn on the other hand was quality, he made a great save and was always in control of his area, his kicking was superb, he was knocking free kicks from his box to Boro's box straight onto the center forwards chest, Big Sam will like that! He looks a better keeper than Brown in my eyes.

I'm glad Bunn is getting some playing time. I think he was unlucky not to get a start for us last season when Robinson had the injury and when he was out of form. If anything does happen this season to Robbo, for example a suspension, he will be recalled and this time imo, will have the edge over Brown in the pecking order if he continues his good work.

For Treacy as mentioned above, no end product. Hopefully a run of first team games will see him improve and gain confidence.

Bunn on the other hand was quality, he made a great save and was always in control of his area, his kicking was superb, he was knocking free kicks from his box to Boro's box straight onto the center forwards chest, Big Sam will like that! He looks a better keeper than Brown in my eyes.

It's great to see Bunn making a good impression on his first team debut. However, being better than Brown isn't difficult - he's not a good keeper. He's too short, overweight and is quite possibly the worst kicker of a football I've ever seen in my life. I honestly think my kicking isn't far off his!

I saw the second half of the game tonight and Treacy was non-existent before being subbed mid-way through. I was surprised when Sheffield United came in for him, because I thought they should have been setting their sights higher.

It's great to see Bunn making a good impression on his first team debut. However, being better than Brown isn't difficult - he's not a good keeper. He's too short, overweight and is quite possibly the worst kicker of a football I've ever seen in my life. I honestly think my kicking isn't far off his!

That's a bit harsh on Brown, how can you say he is not a good keeper, he has played well for Rovers when he has been given his chance, when Friedel got injured he came on at half time and saved a penalty, he played well against Utd at home and kept us in the game until he was assulted by Vidic for there goal!

That must make him a poor keeper then???

• Backroom

Yep, Brown has always played well when called upon for us. Some outstanding saves against United and an unbelievable one against Eveton i think it was

Treacy did nothing all game apart from a volley in the 1st min, he looked very lightweight, gave away stupid free kicks, and never even looked like beating his man.

Whilst the only shot he had to save was saved very well, he had bugger all else to do.

Wasn't as impressed as the rest of you by Bunn yesterday, he seemed to lack height and had to punch a few balls that others would have caught. Still a good achievement to keep a clean sheet against Boro in that league, hopefully he ill stay for the rest of the season and then return ready to challenge Robinson.

Treacy was disappointing, I felt he got bullied out of the game quite easily. It was interesting to campare with Boro's Johnson, who Sheffield tried to bully while he just danced around them with his skill. Two homegrown talents looking miles apart.

Respect to Treacy. He's got one hell of a bashing from the fans - well, at least, in written form.

Having said that, it doesn't take a lot to do a job in the Champ, as a winger. I look at talentless players like Gary Teale (an international!) and John Oster and see them performing well at that level, and they even had their moments in the Premier League.

Hopefully, Treacy will keep playing well and then we sell him for a good fee.

Gunning helped tranmere to a 4-2 win. Marrow's Oldham won, 2-1, I think. Judge played in Argyle's 1-1 draw with QPR.

I think Judge would have done better by going on loan to a better team. Plymouth are poor and this season will be another struggle - even though Sturrock has changed a habit of a lifetime and supposedly, is favouring passing football now.

A fella who works in our Sheffield office is a season ticket holder and Sheff U, and he would like them to keep Treacy. It is early days yet though, he might revert back to normal soon.

He is also very impressed with Bunn.

Archived