BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you have decided to quit before you get scaked then?

Yeah I thought after winning the league for the 6th time in a row, the champs league 3rd time in a row + League cup, FA Cup, Super Cup, Charity Shield n World Club in one season with a transfer profit of £50m wasnt enough. :lol:

Seriously set them up with a cracking squad & also cracking youth players...so now need to start a revolution elsewhere & see whether I can break their hold!

Yeah I thought after winning the league for the 6th time in a row, the champs league 3rd time in a row + League cup, FA Cup, Super Cup, Charity Shield n World Club in one season with a transfer profit of £50m wasnt enough. :lol:

Seriously set them up with a cracking squad & also cracking youth players...so now need to start a revolution elsewhere & see whether I can break their hold!

Hughesy - have you seen Dafuge's career on SI forums?? He has been with his club for years and has gone up as far as the 60's!!! Life at rovers hasnt been so good, they were in the Blue Square North but have come back up to League 2 - shocking stuff

Sounds like its time for you to venture in to spain or Italy and try your hand reviving a flagging giant over there.

I got sacked at Hayes & Yeading after the season ended, blaming the relegation on me (Think its because the media expected around 9th).

Anyway Im England manager too - we just won the European Championships about 1 week after I lost the club job.

Straight back into a job with Macclesfield (although not the job I wanted as the budget is just 2k!)

• Backroom

ive never played FM before, but just a quick question. Do they actually show the game being played, like you would when you playing Fifa or Pro evo?

You've got a number of choices, you can either watch the full match in 3D or 2D (most people use 2D as 3D can be jittery on older PC's, it completely crashes FM on my laptop). The 3D is not comparable to FIFA or Pro though, it's kind of like watching a a late-90's game like Actua Soccer (which I think the game engine was modelled on). 3D was only introduced in FM2009 though so it's coming on leaps and bounds, looks even better for the upcoming version. The FM team are focused more on making the engine mechanics realistic than improving the graphics, which is definitely the correct thing to do.

You also have the option of just watching the commentary (this is generally what I do, watching every game makes the season take a longgg time and after playing the game for years you generally pick up on what is going wrong just from the commentary, which for years was the only option).

The same disk is usable in either the PC or its pretentious, smarmy, full of itself, highly immoral, churlish, lecherous, over-priced, over-rated, over-advertised, @#/? of a cousin

:lol: , what are the requirements for FM on Mac? i still have an oldish iMac G5, with 512MB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive and thats all i know. will that be sufficient to play, or would i need more Ram?

:lol: , what are the requirements for FM on Mac? i still have an oldish iMac G5, with 512MB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive and thats all i know. will that be sufficient to play, or would i need more Ram?

Mac System Requirements

Processor: Intel Mac

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI X1600 Radeon

Hard Drive: 2GB free space

Think you will need more RAM there Iceman or you would be waiting until the next iceage for the shortlists to be populated.

Mac System Requirements

Processor: Intel Mac

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI X1600 Radeon

Hard Drive: 2GB free space

Think you will need more RAM there Iceman or you would be waiting until the next iceage for the shortlists to be populated.

Cheers, jeez i really need to upgrade. :lol: I think, ill just get the PSP version, and update it as i go along.

• Backroom

Thought I'd give myself the hypothetical situation of us being taken over last summer. Altered the database slightly to give Rovers 100M budget and install Syed as the chairman, just to see what kind of squad I could amass. Was harder than I'd thought, as a lot of players didn't want to come... however...

Out:

Roberts (1M to Spurs)

Andrews (3.3M to Porto !!)

Hoilett (3M plus Guti to Real Madrid - didn't even put him on the list, they just came in with this offer randomly :blink: )

Rigters(100k to Watford)

El-Hadji Diouf (2M to Lyon)

Chimbonda (Loaned to Sevilla)

MGP (3.2M to At. Madrid)

Doran (3M to Man City)

Phil Jones (1.6M to Man Utd, didn't want to sell him but they offered him a contract and he chose Utd over Rovers, the fee is the compensation I received)

In:

Razvan Rat (5M)

Abou Diaby (5.75M)

Guti (p/ex)

Marco Boriello (season-long loan)

Robert Lewandowski (4.5M)

M. Diarra (4.2M)

Angel Di Maria (12M)

Darijo Srna (22M)

Billy Sharp (850K)

Fraco di Santo (4.2M)

Emad Meteeb (1.8M)

Luisao (10M)

The team has taken a while to gel, and there's been a lot of early unrest which hasn't helped. Srna, for the fee I paid, has been a massive disappointment so far. I dropped him for Emerton at one point :angry2: Kalinic has been dire for a lot of the season too, though after a 0-0 draw with Wolves at home where Kalinic missed chance after chance I attacked him in the media and fined him 2 weeks wages, and in the match after he got a hat-trick and a 9.5 so maybe that's done the trick. My formation relies a lot on the central striker to bang in the goals (that is Kalinic) and until the last game he'd only scored 4 in 19. Luckily Boriello's scored 12.

Currently 4th after 20 games, 7 points off Chelski at the top. Not a great advert for FM being realistic admittedly :D highlights so far beating Arsenal and Utd 5-1 each at Ewood B)

• Backroom

Wow... Kalinic has possibly had the biggst turnaround of any player i've ever seen on FM :blink: since I savaged him in public and fined him wages he's been on absolute fire, despite having "sit" next to his name and his happiness saying "feels he's been treated unfairly"... he had scored 4 in 19, now he's scored 15 in 23, including 2 in a sub appearance in the 5-1 defeat of Utd :rock:

Archived