BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got a good 442 tactic to use?

Yep I play 4-4-2. Just won back to back European Titles & 5 leagues titles in a row with Forrest.

1 deep lying striker set to support, the other advanced set to attack

2 central defenders set to defend, 2 full backs set to support

2 wide midfielders set to automatic, 2 midfielders set to attack.

Play a fluid style, set to standard, usually changing to control or attacking at half time depending on score. Quick tempo, really wide width & deep defensive line.

Boring - much better to come up with your own stuff, anyone can win games using some of those tactics on the forumns - no matter how poor the team.

Im still Forrest, planning on quitting at the end of the season.....Iv won the league 5 times in a row, several cups & back to back European cups (3 in 4 seasons). We have a shiny new 47,000 stadium, a transfer budget of £165m in November and some massive sell on clauses for top players set up to earn the club more money in the future. I have a top squad, with the oldest player being 27 & some players who are classed as world class - such as Bakary Toure who will easily fetch £50m.

Hopefully the club will clear the £16m loan they took out for the new stadium....and aslong as I have a half decent season in Europe then I will have successfully taken Forrest to the No 1 team in Europe.

Time for a new challenge I think.

• Backroom

There's nothing wrong with downloading a created tactic as a template and then changing it to suit your own needs. I use Hough's 4-1-2-3 for some teams, but alter a lot of the instructions to suit the players I've got and the style I want to play. The tactic is defensively weak, and will run your full-backs ragged as they aren't protected, but produces some very entertaining matches.

There's nothing wrong with downloading a created tactic as a template and then changing it to suit your own needs. I use Hough's 4-1-2-3 for some teams, but alter a lot of the instructions to suit the players I've got and the style I want to play. The tactic is defensively weak, and will run your full-backs ragged as they aren't protected, but produces some very entertaining matches.

I agree totally with that, I found when I changed the two MC's to MR and ML that those two positions were run ragged. Have you tried the Dave Byrd mod of it DE4life?

• Backroom

Nope I've just got Hough's first version (10.3 i think?) and have modified it myself :) I still can't get defence quite right but I've had a ton of success with it, it's just a case of me scoring more than the opponent normally. Tried the tactic out with City last season and Adebayor scored 37 goals in 36 games in the Premier League, 50 goals in 59 overall :D

I have noticed that fullbacks sometimes get low marks when it isn't necassarily deserved. Because I play with no wingers the fullback ends up likely to make far more mistakes than the other players.

i'm new to all this online gaming lark ... does anybody on here play 'football manager live'?

I had a go with it for a few months when it first came out and by far the biggest problem was after a while the amount of times you ended up playing against the computer because your opposing manager would never turn up.

Although, at first it was quite exciting because I created a decent side and managed to get Roque Santa Cruz as one of my strikers who absoloutly banged them in for me (my stratagy was not to spend money and save up for a big player, which worked) and I was constantly getting pestered to sell him by other managers which I enjoyed smugly rejecting every bid.

Just finished my 5th season with rovers. wasnt the greatest, finished 9th was on course for a top 5 finish but i got stuffed by United 6-1 and that ended my 13 game winning run :( last season i finished 6th and lost to Juve in Europa league on penaltys (and that was quite a feat concidering i only got a £2m xfer budget)

I really need a top goal scorer to play in the 433 system (Barca style), keep having to rely on Boško Janković (9 Goals and 7 Assists) and Ivan Rakitic (12 Goals and 16 assists). though Kalinic managed to score 16 last season. any suggestions?

Defence is also aging badly. G Millito, Givet and A Rusol are all hitting 32+ so again any suggestions?

Currently in my first season in the Premiership (3rd season with Blackpool) and doing quite well with more of a championship side. Signed Phil Jones (he has been on loan with Blackpool for last two seasons) and one or two others as I didnt have that much to spend, doing well with a few freebies including Igor Akinfeev

Rovers havent had the best start languishing in the relegation zone but before I quit last night they had just beaten 13th placed Arsenal 2-0 after I told press Shearer is good enough to save them from relegation.

One thing about loaning players, I hate the way you have to pay a fee to sign some players!

One thing about loaning players, I hate the way you have to pay a fee to sign some players!

But that's what happens in football.

One thing that I have noticed over my 12 seasons is that the German national team never calls up players from the Game instead always relying on the players that the game creates when there are no available players, you know the greyed out players in the squad list, meaning the likes of: Ballack, Otzil, Klose never recieved another cap since the Game started.

Didnt happen to me when I was in the championship for most of the players I wanted on loan. I guess that happens when they become good and you try and renew and the up the price.

Had a great AM/FC Mehdi Abeid, was easily my top player on loan, but City were looking too much for him. Have a look and see if he is in your game

Yeah hes there. He looks like he could have turned out to be better if he had gone to the right clubs. He stayed in French football until 2015, not really doing much then went to Genk in Belgium where he banged them in and eventually Portsmouth who where just promoted back into the Premiership in 2015 scoring 8 Goals in 14 games in his first season helping them finish 3rd then hes bagged on average 15 a season for them since playing roughly 35 games a season.

• Backroom

But that's what happens in football.

One thing that I have noticed over my 12 seasons is that the German national team never calls up players from the Game instead always relying on the players that the game creates when there are no available players, you know the greyed out players in the squad list, meaning the likes of: Ballack, Otzil, Klose never recieved another cap since the Game started.

I could be wrong but I'm sure there's a licensing issue between FM and the German national team... can't remember what it is or if it's been resolved though.

I could be wrong but I'm sure there's a licensing issue between FM and the German national team... can't remember what it is or if it's been resolved though.

There is, but it's very, very easily solved.

Just delete the fake file in this folder:

Program files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>data>db>1000>inc>all>fake.lnc

If you've downloaded an update (which you probably will have) then you need to delete it from the updated database. I forget exactly where that is now, not hard to find though.

edit: think the updates are in .../data/updates/....

There are some .lnc files in there you can get rid of too.

Yeah that figures, they have been difficult in the past with other games such as Pro Evo

There is, but it's very, very easily solved.

Just delete the fake file in this folder:

Program files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>data>db>1000>inc>all>fake.lnc

If you've downloaded an update (which you probably will have) then you need to delete it from the updated database. I forget exactly where that is now, not hard to find though.

edit: think the updates are in .../data/updates/....

There are some .lnc files in there you can get rid of too.

Thanks but Would this cock my saved game up?

Just quitting Forrest after 9 seasons – promotion in season 1...8th place 2 years running in prem...

then 6 straight league titles, and 4 champs league titles (3 in a row – season 7-9), 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 3 Euro Super Cups, 4 Charity Shields, 3 club world champs....

Leave the club with £180m in the bank, a new stadium that holds 48,000 with 12,000 being added in next 3 months, aswell as improvements to training ground under-way/.... no debt and a squad worth a fortune....+ loads of transfer clauses owed to the club. Oh and the club is now ranked no 1 in Europe following 4 Champs leagues in 5 years....

Just quitting Forrest after 9 seasons – promotion in season 1...8th place 2 years running in prem...

then 6 straight league titles, and 4 champs league titles (3 in a row – season 7-9), 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 3 Euro Super Cups, 4 Charity Shields, 3 club world champs....

Leave the club with £180m in the bank, a new stadium that holds 48,000 with 12,000 being added in next 3 months, aswell as improvements to training ground under-way/.... no debt and a squad worth a fortune....+ loads of transfer clauses owed to the club. Oh and the club is now ranked no 1 in Europe following 4 Champs leagues in 5 years....

So you have decided to quit before you get scaked then?

Archived