BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

During a discussion with a mate about how Rafa Benitez is a terrible manager and has wasted £250m, we theorised that he would have been better off buying 250 £1m players.

Hence an experiment has begun as manager of Liverpool, where I can only play players that I have purchased for exactly £1m. I made myself an ex international player so that I get more time and patience from the fans/board, especially as I've dropped and am trying to sell the likes of Gerrard, Carragher, Torres etc.

Oh boy, are we terrible.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been installing the game onto this new mac and everytime I put the patches on the game can no longer open. Anyone experienced this problem?

Did you buy it on disc, or did you buy it through the download site for the mac? If you did it through the download site, there is a thing on the patch that says it won't work on a downloaded copy.

Left Scunthorpe, didnt make too much of an impression as they had no cash.

Took over Orebro in Sweden. They too have no money but with 4 month between seasons I made around 1.4 million in friendlies at 100k per match.

That's an interesting choice! Almebäck, Olsen and Porokara should be your best players, right?

I have a strong urge to start playing it again. I have been playing this game since the early days and this release is the first that has made me stop playing it all the way to the next release.

Even though you can score goals and your strikers will get a reasonably amount of goals - it seems way to arbitrary. Its just off-putting that you can create a handful of clear one-on-one chances for players like David Villa and you still expect them to miss like it was Roberts. I did a mini stat for Villa over two seasons and he missed more than 70 % of chances where he ran with the ball, full control and no players near himm (I think the stat even inludes pens). And his morale was superb.

The game is therefor more about a lot of things you might be able to influence but its not how it looks and feels when playing the game. For me all a manager can do is setup play so that there are chances that should be ease to convert. Then its down to the players to win the game -and you would think that Villa would be able to put a few away.

Rant over

Started off with Shrewsbury in League 2. Currently op of the league and got Daniel Nardeillo from Blackpool on loan as well as Adam Matthews from Cardiff on Loan.

Also

I got a network game on going with my mate. Chosen at random in work he got Arsenal and I got Hull. Hull have more money to spend than Rovers. As Kammy would say... Unvelievable Jeff.

Has anyone else started a network game? I noted that it takes ages to get through but I find it frustrating that everytime I try to sign a player someone else comes in with a bid.

Quit Arsenal just before the 1st game of the season in season 3. Decided it was time for a change after winning all trophies and going the full season unbeaten in all comps....took a job with Crystal Palace late October with them 10th in League 1.

Plan on building the team around Moses....& Scannell if I can change his mind and get him to stay...

League 1 season complete - Won it by 12 points with a total of 101 points.

Also won the Johnson Paint trophy - beating Rotherham 3-1.

Now into the championship - set up 2 feeder teams (Chelsea & Inter) and they have kindly loaned me a good few players for the new season. Think Iv made 8 signings, 2 or 3 freebies and the rest loans.

What sort of rules are their on loans? Think it said something about not having more than 6, is that in the match day team, or squad?

League 1 season complete - Won it by 12 points with a total of 101 points.

Also won the Johnson Paint trophy - beating Rotherham 3-1.

Now into the championship - set up 2 feeder teams (Chelsea & Inter) and they have kindly loaned me a good few players for the new season. Think Iv made 8 signings, 2 or 3 freebies and the rest loans.

What sort of rules are their on loans? Think it said something about not having more than 6, is that in the match day team, or squad?

Foreign loans are unlimited. 5 domestic loans can be in your matchday 18. You can have 4 long-term domestic loans of players 23 years old and younger and 4 for older players.

Foreign loans are unlimited. 5 domestic loans can be in your matchday 18. You can have 4 long-term domestic loans of players 23 years old and younger and 4 for older players.

Yep worked that one out.

I quit my palace job on the eve of the 1st game of the season as I felt id done a big job there & got them out of their debts. Iv NOW taken Wigan in the championship (36 games in) - they were sitting 8th, after 7 straight wins I am now 2nd with 3 games to go. The palace team which I set up & are in their first season in the league are currently 5th & I just beat them 4-3.

Hopefully promotion & then consolidate the position!

Started off with Shrewsbury in League 2. Currently op of the league and got Daniel Nardeillo from Blackpool on loan as well as Adam Matthews from Cardiff on Loan.

Also

I got a network game on going with my mate. Chosen at random in work he got Arsenal and I got Hull. Hull have more money to spend than Rovers. As Kammy would say... Unvelievable Jeff.

Has anyone else started a network game? I noted that it takes ages to get through but I find it frustrating that everytime I try to sign a player someone else comes in with a bid.

How's the network game like? Is it a lot slower than a normal game?

Scraped safety in the first season with Rovers (last minute Kalinic winner). Finished 8th in second season after signing Rosicky, Beckham, Joe Mattock, Alexandr Kerzhakov, Mahmaddou Diarra and some awesome Norweigans that you can get for pennies / free.

Mid way through 3rd season and sit top of the league first week of December.

IT'S JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!! :lol::lol::lol:

Scraped safety in the first season with Rovers (last minute Kalinic winner). Finished 8th in second season after signing Rosicky, Beckham, Joe Mattock, Alexandr Kerzhakov, Mahmaddou Diarra and some awesome Norweigans that you can get for pennies / free.

Mid way through 3rd season and sit top of the league first week of December.

IT'S JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!! :lol::lol::lol:

You've jinxed it now!!!

In my third season and after finishing 11th the second season am in the same position now. Need to sort my defense, as I'm about 3rd in the league in goals scored, but also near the top in goals allowed.

GK - Roboo - still doing well. Had Enyemaya for a while but he threw a strop and I sold him for an 8 million profit.

RB - Frederick Stoor - cheap buy from Fulham hasn't been terrible, hasn't been a world beater.

LB - Garrido - has been a disappointment and will be the first I sell in the summer.

CB - Alexander Madulung, Zurab, Nelsen, Connolly from QPR and Gunning. None of them are terrible, but only Madulung is good. Nelsen's contract expires this summer and I'll be spending my dough on a strong CB. Zurab is better than you'd think.

DMC - Rodrigo Possebon - Bought for cheap from United and has been fantastic.

RW - Judge and Emerton - both have been decent but not huge. Would replace them if someone came in with a good offer, but they are worth keeping and using so I can spend on a CB.

LW - Carlos Vela and Slory - Vela didn't want to sign until he saw the wages on offer. Has been great 10 goals mostly from LW. Slory is a decent backup, but not a great starter.

AMC - Massoud - Signed on a free and has been great since I moved to the diamond.

ST - Nathan Delfounseco - Signed for 10 million and a player from Villa and has been amazing. Scored 20 goals his first season and is second in the league with 21 right now (in April).

ST - Niko - Has 18 goals and has also been incredible. Turned down an offer from 'Pool in the winter and they wouldn't meet my asking price of 15 million.

Edit: best win was beating then first placed United 3-6 at OT.

Archived