BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

1st season complete as Arsenal

League - 2nd (city won it)

League Cup - 4th Round (Lost on pens to Chelsea)

FA Cup - WON - beat United on pens

Champs Cup - WON - beat United 1-0

Think I will spend abit longer with Arsenal before I move on....1st season Dzeko bagged 25 league goals which was good - just short of 40 in all comps. Going to try and sign another star for next season....maybe Pato or someone similar.

Need to find some top central defenders now. Iv got that German keeper coming in on a free too.

Enke my keeper is awesome

Also signed Yoann Gourcuff(French midfielder) - Milan now want him - think he has 18 goals so far from midfield :lol:

So far in season 2 -

League - Played 29, 1st pt clear at top with 4 games in hand - Won 25, Drawn 4, Lost 0.

World Club Championship - Won

Super Cup Thingy - Won

Charity Shield - Won

League Cup - Won

Fa Cup - Into Final v Everton

Champs - Into Semis v CSKA Moscow

Hoping to win all the trophies....If I win it all then il probably play another season or 2 as Arsenal as I want to increase the stadium size!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wtf... playing my 4th season, currently Wolves. Was expecting to get murdered at Old Trafford, but ended up dominating the game and winning 2-0. Was thrilled... until I looked at Utd's team, which was basically a team of youth regens and Darren Fletcher. Oh, and Ross Turnbull was playing DC until he got subbed after 17 minutes :blink:

One of the strangest things I've ever seen on FM.

Very strange.

Have you got the latest patch? It's up to 10.1.1 now. I don't know if that was a problem fixed with the patch or not.

Two problems that I continuously have with my games are:

Firstly when I add players to my shortlist it never tells me when other clubs have put offers in. Is this intentional from Si? On all previous games it would never happen. It's so infuriating to add somebody and then find that they've gone to another club without being told.

Also my 'opposition instructions' are always playing up. I'll set all of the instructions pre-game (marking, close down, show to weaker foot etc) and then when I check these once they've made a sub they will be all over the place. Like I'll be man marking their centre halves etc :wacko: .

These two points - especially the latter are ruining the game for me right now. Anyone else having these problems?

• Backroom

Very strange.

Have you got the latest patch? It's up to 10.1.1 now. I don't know if that was a problem fixed with the patch or not.

yep, totally patched up. In their next match they were back to playing a full strength team. Unsure of what happened, must have been some kind of game glitch. "Wolves cruise to historic victory" seems a bit hollow now, though!

Wolves are in 7th in my 2nd season with 33 games gone. Babel has been a fantastic signing for them - I might pinch him if he's good enough :unsure:

Once iv had abit more glory with Arsenal il drop down to at least the championship and bring up a talented team.

yep, totally patched up. In their next match they were back to playing a full strength team. Unsure of what happened, must have been some kind of game glitch. "Wolves cruise to historic victory" seems a bit hollow now, though!

Strange. Might be worth posting on the SI forums?

After being sacked as Newcastle manager for being relegated on our return to the Premier League, I started a new game as Notts County (decided an easy one was in order after that all-might f... up).

It's a fun game but very easy so far, I cruised through League Two and have managed to sign a load of plays on frees in the summer, I should walk League One as well. Roberts and Harewood up front, Jermaine Pennant right wing, and Jason Euell, Nils-Eric Johansson (!), Darren O'Dea, Stuart Parnaby and Corry Evans, amongst others. Once they've settled together I should hammer this league.

How are you doing with Wolves? I am in my 5th season with them now. What is your lineup?

Just finished my first season with Rovers, and after a good start, I had a streak after Xmas with 15 games with no win. It came down to the last game of the season, and I was 1 goal out of the relegation zone, with Pompey just below me. I was away at chelsea, while pompey were at arsenal. Pompey went 1-0 up in the first half, and my game was 0-0 at H/T. Somehow I managed to score 3 in the second half, and were the only team all season to stop chelsea from scoring. Finished 16th

I was only given 2m for the second season, so got rid of a lot of player..

Nelson 5m

Givet 6m

Andrews 2.5m

Khiz 3m

Treacy 2.5m

Judge 3.5m

Chimbonda 1m

Jacobson 1m

Bunn 3.5m

Gamst 6m

Think i sold a few more squad players, but after all this, the club had hardly increased my transfer budget. I had to resort to signing youth and experience..

Sol Campbell Free

Julio Cruz Free

Yago (juve) Loan

Lucas Loan

Milito 2m

Carlton Cole 2m

Altidore 3m

Joe Hart 1.8m

Kakuta (chelsea) 200k

2 Defenders from Spain, young lads that look promising 200k each

Think ill struggle this season, so if anyone knows a CB that may do a job for me it would be appreciated.

• Backroom

How are you doing with Wolves? I am in my 5th season with them now. What is your lineup?

Not as well as I'd hope to be honest. I let the game go on holiday for the first season, then joined Wolves in the second season at the beginning of January as they were plunging towards the championship. I love taking on mid-season relegation fights.

Got Wolves to safety quite easily in the end, finishing 14th. Strengthened for the next season and promised the board mid-table, but it ended up being quite disappointing. I finished 13th, though I did get 4 more points than the season before and our GD was greatly improved. This season so far I've won 4 and lost 4, with no draws. The team is inconsistant but stronger than the previous year. I currently line-up with:

Hennessey

Shorey

Douglas

Hubocan

Halford

Djuric

Matic

N'Zonzi

SWP

Di Santo

Defoe

I've found Wolves give the manager a lot of cash, which they don't necassarily have in their balance! After splurging on players to strengthen my weak squad, I ended up 11M in the red with a 12M deal sealed for when the summer window opened. The game kept telling me I was in financial crisis but the board didn't say anything. Ended up taking responsibility myself, selling Kightly for 17.5M to Shaktar... replaced him with SWP for a cool 2M. SWP is 30, but playing very well. Similarly got Defoe for 2M after selling Ebanks-Blake for 5.5M. Defoe's hit and miss, but scored a lot in his first few games.

Di Santo is probably my stand-out player, a fantastic hold-up striker and a steal for 5M from Chelsea when I first joined the club. All the players love him. N'Zonzi is also playing fantastically as a defensive playmaker. I've got the likes of Arshavin and Andreasen in my team too, but they are mostly on the bench. I did buy Freddy Adu but his head was turned too easily by other clubs, I eventually got so annoyed with him that I sold him for 10M. Pretty good business as he has never really performed consistantly for me.

The aim this season is mid-table... I'll be aiming for 10th or above.

Carlton Cole £2 million? Kakuta £200k? Hmm...you must have used an editor or something to do that, surely?

No, I lied a bit. Cole was avaliable for transfer after the first season, they only wanted 2.4m for him. And kakuta cost me 210k in january of the first season. He is still only worth next to nothing, but is playing well.

Anyone know a centre half who may be able to do a job for me?

I've found Wolves give the manager a lot of cash, which they don't necassarily have in their balance! After splurging on players to strengthen my weak squad, I ended up 11M in the red with a 12M deal sealed for when the summer window opened. The game kept telling me I was in financial crisis but the board didn't say anything.

I can certainly agree with this. I seem to be only able to buy big every other season. It took me a while to get used to this version, but in my 5th season I finished a shock 3rd which is really going to help the money situation. I advanced out of the group stages against Atletico Madrid, Benfica, and Anderlecht. Unfortunately my league form is poor even though I think I have a better side this season. Here is my line-up:

GK: Hennessey/Brad Jones/Italian Regen

DL: Argentine Regen (Already 8 caps at 21)/Elokobi

DC: Marc Muniesa/Zubar

DC: Berra/Stearman

DR: Halford/Foley

ML: McGeady/Mauricio

MC: Rakitic/Jones/Milijas

MC: Surman/Marc Valiente/Zuculini (the younger one)

MR: Kightly/Vladimer Weiss

ST: Morimoto/Muniain

ST: Mbokani/Ebanks-Blake

Some of the other players that started with the club are still hanging around the reserves like Doyle, Maierhofer, Castillo, and Henry.

Have a look at Russians - Iv got a very good centre back/ defensive midfielder who is only 18 in my 2nd season.....Il get his name later for you.

The guy I was on about came from CSKA and is 19 in my 2nd season - however I think he is a computer Gen. Check it out though, he might not be.

Im just coming to the end of my 2nd season.

Played 35 games, Won 29, Drawn 6, Lost 0.

Won League Cup, World Club Championship, Super Cup

In Final of the Champs League (Lyon) and the FA Cups (Everton)

Never won EVERY trophy in a season, so im praying I can mastermind it. Team is also close to an unbeaten season....

My best 3 signings so far - Dzeko, Gourcuff & Enke

Im going to do 1 more season with Arsenal and then move on I think. Need to get rid of Gallas, Bendtner & maybe Arshavin and bring in a younger keeper, centre back, and ideally a new striker & right midfielder.

I just completed my 1st season in the game. Finished 8 after having a horrible april, may where i couldn't win a single game! Was in the top 4 in jan, then i signed tore reginunium(sp) and beckham on frees and i think beckham unsettled my side. He scored a goal on his debut then played the next 10 to 20 games with an average rating of 6.0 and top it off, his fitness was so bad, its very rare for him to finish games!

Still, Krivets is my signing of the season, 1.4m only and he scored 19 goals from an advanced midfielder position.

Btw, who do you guys recommend for rovers in the first season bearing in mind our limited funds even after selling a number of players?

Btw, who do you guys recommend for rovers in the first season bearing in mind our limited funds even after selling a number of players?

I've only done up until around January with Rovers but like you am struggling with who I can sign that can make an impact. Funnily enough I've just got both of the players who you signed on frees.

The only other player I signed was a striker called Kikin Fonseca - he's a good target man and an ideal Roberts replacement.

• Backroom

Starting to quickly grow to hate my Wolves team. We just keep giving away penalties, and the players are constantly getting sent off. It's becoming a real problem. I recently fined Douglas 2 weeks wages for giving away a penalty and then later getting sent off... the whole team turned on me and "protested" my harsh treatment of Douglas.

N'Zonzi just got sent off against Newcastle, we were 1-0 up, it ended 1-2. No idea where this total lack of discipline has come from... but I may very soon accept one of numerous offers to leave and try my luck elsewhere. A shame cos it's my best start to a season with Wolves, despite all the issues. :(

Perhaps the games AI, thinks you need a hand???? :xmas:

Have a look at Russians - Iv got a very good centre back/ defensive midfielder who is only 18 in my 2nd season.....Il get his name later for you.

Two players you must buy if possible, argies salvio and a CB Otamendia (seriou sp) I'm sure Salvio's at Lanus and the other at Velez (CB has good physhical stat's)

Well I had an almost perfect 2nd season.

League - P38, W30, D8, L0 - 90 GF, 22GA - 98pts

FA CUP - Beat Everton 4-2

League Cup - Beat United 1-0 - 2nd FA cup in a row

Champs Cup - Beat Lyon 1-0 - 2nd champs cup in a row

Super Cup - Won

World Club Champs - Won

Charity Shield - Won - 3-0 v City

Iv more or less completed pre-season for the 3rd, selling Eboue, Arshavin, Bendtner & Gallas......

Iv signed Defour (£16m) and a couple more kids, however lacking another top striker & defender. Offered £50m for Pato & Aguero but neither want to sell for that. I have a transfer budget of £115m to spend still too!

Id agreed a deal for Micah Richards with Sagna in a swap, but he wont agree terms.......

Probably going to quit it soon and take on a much smaller team

• Backroom

Perhaps the games AI, thinks you need a hand???? :xmas:

Haha, I did think that perhaps it was just taking the p*ss :D it's been a strange game in particular. I just went on a run of 6 games where I gave away 6 penalties (one per match) and had 3 players sent off :blink: for the last two seasons we've been the most disciplined team in the league, so no idea what has happened. Experienced players who should know better, as well. Never had my entire team turn against me either, though a few days after they all began to apologise. I forgive, but I won't forget :angry:

• Backroom

Not sure how you handle it but I warn any player that gets sent off.....Iv had my fair share too but not many in a row.

If a player gets a straight red I fine them a weeks wages. Two yellows is a warning first time, 1 week wages if it happens again soon afterwards. I very rarely have this problem. I also fine players a weeks wages if they get below 5.5 as a rating.

Unfortunately Douglas pushed me to the limit by giving away a 5th penalty in 5 games (not all him, admittedly), and then getting sent off. We ended up losing a match we were up until that point in control of. Was the 2nd red in 5 matches as well, though again it was Douglas' first. Didn't help that his average rating was 6.40 and he was already annoying me. It all added up to me fining him 2 weeks wages and savaging him in the after-match press conference. Every player in my squad then went ballistic except Hennessey and Cohen, and Douglas declared unfair treatment. Morale plummetted to poor/very poor and I was immediately removed from practically all my players favoured personnel list :o

Our record so far after this incident is DWW (though N'Zonzi got sent off in the match after this :angry: ) so it doesn't seem to have done too much damage. If it happened again I think its possible I'd be sacked, as the board were "worried about lack of harmony in the dressing room" after the incident.

Im not sure I'm finding bugs as such, but there are some weird things that happen in the game. I read somewhere that one team gave away a penalty 5 games in a row, and got players sent off in each of these games.

I went through a patch of about 15 games where I coulnt win, and id concede within 10 mins of each game, with every goal being samba or emertons fault. This could just be bad luck, but it seems very weird to me

Archived