BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to tomorrow when the game arrives (if Royal Mail deliver it on time!). Since Champ Man 1 (with the made up player names) I've bought the game and each year they never let me down. I've also never played the demo before on any of the versions purely because I love the surprise when I get the actual game. The only unfortunate thing is that as soon as I get the game, I'm off to India so I'll only have a day or so to play it and then ages till I get to play it again! D'oh!

Are you sure about that? I thought they were both around 12/14 or something.

You can always change things in the editor if you're not happy with them. If I see something blatantly wrong like that I'll change it, but then equally lower someone to balance it out (Pedersen would be a good one to do this with!) so that I'm not cheating and making Rovers stronger overall.

I think Hoilett has 16/17 for pace, good dribbling stats too. Don't forget a St. Pauli researcher would have rated him and they adored him over there. You'd have to ask our very own Dirk about Jones...I think McDonald told me he had the potential to be a decent Premier League player though.

I think Hoilett has 16/17 for pace, good dribbling stats too. Don't forget a St. Pauli researcher would have rated him and they adored him over there. You'd have to ask our very own Dirk about Jones...I think McDonald told me he had the potential to be a decent Premier League player though.

Jones has a negative PA, I won't reveal what it is in case some people don't want to know but basically in some games he will become a decent premiership player, on others he could be even better, it's the same with Hoilett. It obviously won't happen overnight though, the more games they play as well as mentoring them with senior professionals will speed things up. As I mentioned before Hoilett (And N'Zonzi) are regulars in my title winning team with Rovers so the younger players definitely have the potential to be good premiership players.

You'll find that this is the same for most young players unless they have played a lot of football because it's hard to say just how good they may be.

Di Santo is rated by the Chelsea researcher and is based mainly on last season when to be fair he didn't really play a lot, single figure sub appearances, but he will be of the players in line for improvements in the future.

For people wondering whether or not to buy the game I'm obviously a bit biased but I have to say it is definitely an improvement from FM2009. Sometimes in the past the games have been basically an updated database with a few alterations here and there. This isn't the case with 2010, the match engine is much improved, the backroom advice is very helpful and personally I'm a big fan of the tactics wizard. It's simple to use and really gives your team your own personal touch as it's relatively simple to get your players playing how you want them to play. (Whether there succesful or not obviously depends on whether your tactics are any good and whether they suit your particular players.)

Lots of other little new features as well like Press Conferences for new signings, a much improved editor and many more. As others have suggested if you are unsure then try out the demo, it's basically the full game but only 6 months so you can get a good feel over whether or not you will like the game.

From working on the testing team as well I can safely say that there does not seem to be any major bugs or anything that users would deem making the game 'unplayable' The patch on the day of release should sort out any minor issues such as Steve Carr being retired! (Who cares about Steve Carr anyways? ;) )

Thanks for all your info DD - makes very interesting reading.

Just out of curiosity, unless I've missed it, who is our joint best player on the game alongside Samba? Robbo, Givet?

Givet, although seems ironic in a way that some of our better players on the game are defenders but we seem to ship goals for fun at the moment!!

That's only in terms of CA though and as I said before in my long posts which probably bored everyone there is a lot more to the game than CA.

From a personal point of view my best performers over 5 seasons or so have been N'Zonzi, Samba, Hoilett, Emerton and Kalinic once he got going.

Just bought it from Game, hope its good!!

Does anyone know if you can play online against others?

I haven't tried it yet. But going off the last few releases im not expecting much as far as online play goes.

Its a nightmare to set it up.

Caught the swine flu on Wednesday, and have thus been able to spend a fair amount of time on playing the game these last couple of days (demo and then the full version today).

Gotta say it's extremely realistic so far - Roberts have already missed four sitters when one-on-one with the goalkeeper ;) I think the new tactic system is promising, and I don't think that I'll miss the old one much - can't know for sure yet, though. Very frustrating to play as Rovers manager considering our budget is £0, and it's also a lot harder to ship off crap players to other teams for a decent fee in this installation of the game. If you offer players to clubs, most of the offers are usually loan to buy offers, with just a small fee paid up front. Got desperate and signed Sibierski and Hamann on a free, which pretty much speaks volumes. Got N'Gog in on loan too, and even though his stats aren't all that, he's a decent striker. I'm playing a pretty defensive minded game, using Di Santo as target man, which has been pretty successful.

I've also got an Aston Villa game going, and it was easier to ship off deadwood players there. Managed to sell Reo-Coker to City for £8m, Gardner for £3m, etc, which came in handy considering the transfer budget was a paltry £3m. I've now played half a season, and I'm currently fifth. My best game was against AC Milan in a pre-season friendly - won 7-4 with Carew banging in four of them.

First XI:

Friedel - Beye, Cuellar, Davies, Warnock - Alou Diarra, S Petrov - Milner, Young - Soldado, Carew (Agbonlahor/Zaki).

Villa with a budget of just £3m? Dont think thats realistic then!

Anyone checked what United is? Or maybe even Boltons?

What set up do people have running with number of leagues/ countries and how many playable? Mine seems to be running very slow......thought it was quicker this year?!

Villa with a budget of just £3m? Dont think thats realistic then!

Anyone checked what United is? Or maybe even Boltons?

What set up do people have running with number of leagues/ countries and how many playable? Mine seems to be running very slow......thought it was quicker this year?!

I think United had a budget of about £60m for the "title challenge" ambition, and about £70 for "winners".

I have the English, German, Spanish and Italian leagues running, and I think it's quicker than 09. But then again I have a Porsche of a PC, so it should run extremely fast.

Guest Kamy100

You also have to take into account that SI have programmed the transfer budgets for the first season on the money that teams had already spent (in real life) so Villa's £3 million is about right as they signed a few players (Dunne, Warnock etc.)

Hughesy, when choosing leagues / players / database size etc, the game rates your computer specs and the speed at which the game will run as a consequence. Play around selecting certain combinations of leagues and watch how the stars reflect it. I've set mine up so that the game will run at about 3 stars and it runs pretty quickly.

Why when I install it, does it load the game up, but when I close FM there's no way to re-open it without re-installing the whole thing?

Using Vista, didn't use steam as steam didn't work.

What a fuss.

Hughesy, when choosing leagues / players / database size etc, the game rates your computer specs and the speed at which the game will run as a consequence. Play around selecting certain combinations of leagues and watch how the stars reflect it. I've set mine up so that the game will run at about 3 stars and it runs pretty quickly.

Yeah I noticed that - when I had selected the english leagues alone - it was 3 stars.

By time id selected 36 leagues over about 12 countries - it was 1/2 a star.....and doesnt run any quicker than last years

Why when I install it, does it load the game up, but when I close FM there's no way to re-open it without re-installing the whole thing?

Using Vista, didn't use steam as steam didn't work.

What a fuss.

Hey mate, i had the exact same problem as you last night. The way i got around it is i downloaded steam from the actual steam website, then activated my fm10 from there, took a while as i only have 2mb broadband. But now it works perfect via steam, ad i'm on vista.

Rovers are hard to play with in this game. No transfer money and a nightmare injury list during pre-season; I had Nelsen, Grella, Emerton, Reid, Dunn and McCarthy missing during all of pre-season and about half of them aren't ready to play 7 games into the season! I haven't brought anyone in yet but got rid of Brown and Roberts for OK money. The team has looked like this for most of the games:

--------Robinson--------

-Salgado--Samba--Givet--Chimbonda-

-Emerton--Reid--N´Zonzi--Gamst Pedersen--

----------Di Santo--Kalinic----------

Reid is tweaked to run at the opponents box (This role is really for Dunn) while N´Zonzi sinks back to defend and do some playmaking. Di Santo is used as a target player (Kalinic might take over this role once McCarthy returns) and Kalinic plays off him lurking for easy goals. I had Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool among the first six games and managed no points there so the season haven't started all that brilliant, but apart from Pedersen the team is playing decent and should get better with time and players returning from injury. In six league games Di Santo has scored 4, Kalinic 2, Hoillet 1.

Archived