BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

I swear I've just cursed myself.

Since mentioning my aims for automatic promotion, I've lost 3 games on the trot, all with last minute goals, and then drew to Havant & Waterlooville in the FA Cup 1st Round.

Time for a formation change me thinks!

I'm finding this more than on any fm before. I'll go on an unbeaten run for say 8 games, and then I'll go without a win for a similar period. Consistency is very hard to achieve on this game IMO.

Both rated as 4th choice by my scouts and also pushing 25 is too old for my transfer policy. Need a top striker around 21 or 22.

Fair enough regarding the age, but quite often the scouts don't highly reccommend goal machines. I think Deadly Dirk mentioned how you shouldn't read to much into the scout reports regarding potential and ability. Milevskyi will bang them in, guaranteed.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also downloaded the game via steam, does anyone else have the problem of not being able to run editor via this and finding the game to run very slow?

Will the editor simply not run or can you not find it? Some people have had trouble locating it, that's all.

Without knowing the specs of your computer it's impossible to say about the speed issue. That are problems for a small numbers of users with speed on good machines, SI are working on a patch that fixes memory leakage at the moment to address a major issue.

As a rule of thumb, if you're finding it to be considerably slower than FM09 on the same machine with the same number of leagues, then it's probable that there is a problem.

Thankyou both for your prompt replies,

With regards the editor, I cant find it it doesnt seem to appear anywhere... and as for the other thing, it is running considerably slower, Ill be taking my machine in on Monday.

Only got league two and above running so it should be dynamite but its currently running on 2 stars or less and shattering any aspirations I might have of taking a blue square premier team to the top.

I can't remember the exact location of the editor, but it's in something like Program Files > Steam > Common apps > Sports Interactive > Football Manager > Tools > Editor. Something like that, I'm sure you'll find it. It's called 'Editor.exe'. It is definitely there though, in your Steam folder.

What spec is your PC? I'm guessing it could be the PC that is the problem if FM is giving you a 2 star rating for 1 country and 4 leagues. Try playing on a small database if you aren't already.

Getting annoyed with the PSP version.

Things happen like:-

You put a transfer in for a player. The team comes back with "sorry, we are not going to sell to another Prem club"

The next mail up from this is then another prem club buying the player for less money - it just dosent make sence.

It also keeps repeating itself by saying that a player has asked to go on the transfer market but the team has rejected the request - you get loads of the same one each week.

Also, you goto view players on loan. Request to loan one and it comes back with "this player is not available for loan" Its the same with the transfer listed ones.

Something tells me that this wasnt tested and there are no updates for the PSP.

Such a shame

• Backroom

I'm finding this more than on any fm before. I'll go on an unbeaten run for say 8 games, and then I'll go without a win for a similar period. Consistency is very hard to achieve on this game IMO.

Was the same on FM09. I always, without fail, went through a patch around xmas where I couldn't buy a win. Then around February I'd start winning again.

Started off 4-4-2 but decided to go 4-3-3 (3 central forwards, not wingers) as I have an abundance of central midfielders and central strikers. I think that formation may have been found out though so I'm planning to switch to either a narrow diamond or a 3-5-2 (Enrique and Ryan Taylor would make decent wing backs I reckon).

A 3-5-2 worked very well with Newcastle, I ended up with Marlon King and Andy Carroll up front (Nugent got injured and Benjani went awful) and scraped into second place. My job was under threat all through the summer though!

Despite that, I've rebuilt the side to fit my more favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, which looks like:

.................... Dida

Kromkamp Taylor Burdisso Enrique

........... Barton ..... Diaby

... Bentley ..... Deco ...... Tosic

.............. Hugo Almeida

Subs: Dudek, R. Taylor, Silvestre, Nolan, Guthrie, Adu, José Paolo Guerrero, Carroll

Considering I've lowered the wage bill and only spent a net £7.5 million since I took charge, I think it's not bad going...although Kromkamp, Tosic and Adu are only on loan. The biggest problem really is strength in depth, plus I haven't had much chance to bring in good young players as every penny has been spent building a stronger squad to match the tough expectation of a top-half finish.

Just fired in March from Rovers after being in 17th place. Brought in some good youngsters, but they were a few years away from being starters.

4-3-3 had me on a good run, but then Benni got injured and DiSanto went back to Chelsea. Combine that with a pretty tough run of matches and I was doomed.

Think I'll start again to see if I can do better.

Almost hired Archie Knox!

Started over as QPR. The only major purchases were along the backline - a CB from West Brom (don't remember his name), Nicky Shorey and Lauren have all 3 done great for me. Currently in 5th with a game in hand. Only problems with the squad is inconsistency of play (8.6 one match and 6.2 the next for some players) and coasting against the lesser teams.

I don't find consistency a problem at all...as my 12 game losing streak in the league will testify.

How I haven't been sacked is beyond me, it's February and I'm quite far adrift at the bottom of the league. Dida was a HUGE mistake, as was Silvestre, so I'm hoping new signings Ochoa and Kompany will fix those and get me out of trouble (if I'm not sacked soon).

I don't find consistency a problem at all...as my 12 game losing streak in the league will testify.

How I haven't been sacked is beyond me, it's February and I'm quite far adrift at the bottom of the league. Dida was a HUGE mistake, as was Silvestre, so I'm hoping new signings Ochoa and Kompany will fix those and get me out of trouble (if I'm not sacked soon).

You'll never need to replace Ochoa, good signing.

Never had Kompany on this version but he should do a decent job for you, not sure if he is a natural center half though so may under perform slightly, what happened to Samba and Givet??

I'm Newcastle in the second season. ;)

Oddly Samba moved to Fulham. I didn't bother to check Kompany's natural position as I just assumed this was centre back like on other versions. He's only on loan anyway, I nearly got Wes Brown but he went to West Ham.

Ochoa looks great, although I hope is reflexes and one-on-ones improve. He was the best I could afford with my £6.5 million budget though.

Just bought a copy yesterday and started my first game last night and the 1st thing i noticed was how bad Rovers coaching staff is! There are like 4 fitness coaches and the rest of the coaching staff all looks very bad! And the worst thing is that there are already 10 coaches so i can only bring more 1 more guy! What do you guys do? Stick around with the real life lot?

Just bought a copy yesterday and started my first game last night and the 1st thing i noticed was how bad Rovers coaching staff is! There are like 4 fitness coaches and the rest of the coaching staff all looks very bad! And the worst thing is that there are already 10 coaches so i can only bring more 1 more guy! What do you guys do? Stick around with the real life lot?

You can mutually terminate who you want at the start..although you obviously have to pay compensation. A couple of them fitness coaches are only on like £400 - £700 per week so you can ship them out for peanuts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Wtf... playing my 4th season, currently Wolves. Was expecting to get murdered at Old Trafford, but ended up dominating the game and winning 2-0. Was thrilled... until I looked at Utd's team, which was basically a team of youth regens and Darren Fletcher. Oh, and Ross Turnbull was playing DC until he got subbed after 17 minutes :blink:

One of the strangest things I've ever seen on FM.

Archived