BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else here encountered this problem of your loan players not coming back to the club after a loan? In my current game, I sent potts and marrow out on loan but for some reason, they're not eligible to play for the loan club and they're still at the loan clubs way after the season ended.

Got bored of playing for Blackburn, so started a season with AC Milan and won the league in my first season in charge and lost in the Champions League final on penalties after an epic 3-3 draw to Arsenal, I lost on penalties something like 8-7 as well. It was pretty epic. I saved it and might upload it some time if anyone's interested. It was actually like the greatest Football Manager match I've ever seen haha.

Got the game, patched and ready to start a Rovers career.

From the looks of it its going to be tricky, no transfer budget and only £20k left on the wage budget. Reading the first staff meeting notes McDonald tells me that the side has poor speed, technique, dribbling and passing... Yep that sounds like Rovers :lol:

Think i may have to resort to packing the midfield and playing a direct game until i can get some better players in.

I'll let you know how i get on.

got this the other day, first ever FM. currently sat 9th in the prem after 13 games. beat the dingles 6-2 (may i add they currently sit last with 1 point from 13 games)iv got the exact same squad i started with minus pedersen (wolves got him for 4.5 mil) and i bought moses for 2.5 mil to replace him

Yep worked that one out.

I quit my palace job on the eve of the 1st game of the season as I felt id done a big job there & got them out of their debts. Iv NOW taken Wigan in the championship (36 games in) - they were sitting 8th, after 7 straight wins I am now 2nd with 3 games to go. The palace team which I set up & are in their first season in the league are currently 5th & I just beat them 4-3.

Hopefully promotion & then consolidate the position!

Got Wigan promotion as planned, signed them a few very good players and then quit again. Took Forrest 14 games in, 3rd bottom in the championship. At the end of the season we went up via the play-offs....Losing just 2 games in 32 league games incharge.

Now in the prem with Forrest, going to build them up - not too fussed if I yo-yo this season but Ideally I wont. 5 games in, 3 points taken, including a 0-0 at Old Trafford.

Got Wigan promotion as planned, signed them a few very good players and then quit again. Took Forrest 14 games in, 3rd bottom in the championship. At the end of the season we went up via the play-offs....Losing just 2 games in 32 league games incharge.

Now in the prem with Forrest, going to build them up - not too fussed if I yo-yo this season but Ideally I wont. 5 games in, 3 points taken, including a 0-0 at Old Trafford.

you seem good at this game, advice please;

how much do you change your tactics for home/away games? i usually try to change the mentality/tempo/d line/width but i just cant seem to pick points up. im starting to think its just me tinkering with how were playing too often now.

Up to 8th after 32 games played so far with Forrest in the league....not a bad 1st season.

Also reached the 6th round of the FA Cup & the finances are now starting to look very healthy.

Iv been offered the West Ham, Pompey, Sunderland & Arsenal (105k a week) jobs this season but turned them all down, as I want to build Forrest up & impove the stadium/ facilities/ squad - before I quit for a new challenge.

you seem good at this game, advice please;

how much do you change your tactics for home/away games? i usually try to change the mentality/tempo/d line/width but i just cant seem to pick points up. im starting to think its just me tinkering with how were playing too often now.

1st season promoted - iv played 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 away from home, especially against the big teams.

Against bottom 6 (based on media predictions) I tend to play 4-4-2, and at home against those teams I play 3-1-3-1-2.

So suppose you could say I do change things abit. I very rarely change my actual instructions, just the position that players are in. I change the mentality based on the progress of the game - Usually start with Control, however if still 0-0 I tend to go to an attacking style and if winning by 2 goals I tend to sit back and either counter or contain...I never change the width, tempo or defensive line etc.

New patch is out guys over at the official forums, just downloading it myself now, sadly I'm going to have to bring my 20+ Rovers career to an end.

Data was locked a few weeks or so ago so recent dealings won't be in I'm afraid such as Hoilett's contract and the Aley signing. (Doubt he's rated on there yet anyway). The likes of Linganzi and Basturk should be at Rovers though.

The patch includes data as well as general fixes to the game and match engine.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=192934

Anybody else managed to download this for a Mac?

I can't get the game to work after installing the new patch.

I have tried different downloads, uninstalled the game fully and even cleared the Cache as I read on the SI Forums, but no good.

Really starting to annoy me now as I want to get cracking, anyone any advice or experience of this?

Anybody else managed to download this for a Mac?

I can't get the game to work after installing the new patch.

I have tried different downloads, uninstalled the game fully and even cleared the Cache as I read on the SI Forums, but no good.

Really starting to annoy me now as I want to get cracking, anyone any advice or experience of this?

If you bought the web version, you'll have to uninstall then re-download - there is a message with the patch that it won't work on the mac downloaded version (I didn't see the message until after trying to apply the patch either).

Haven't looked to see how to do the upgrade.

Guest Kamy100

I have the MAC version and installed the patch and it works fine.

What error are you getting when starting the game? Have you posted the error on the bugs thread on the SI forum, I am sure that they will get back to you with some advice.

I have the MAC version and installed the patch and it works fine.

What error are you getting when starting the game? Have you posted the error on the bugs thread on the SI forum, I am sure that they will get back to you with some advice.

no error message, it is basically just freezing when I launch it and I have to restart my MacBook.

I have unistalled it, installed it again and it runs fine without the patch.

As soon as I download and install the new patch it freezes on opening again.

Archived