BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Backroom

It's either incredibly frustrating or lots of fun... depends on whether your team is winning, much like real life :P Kalinic just blasted another 4 past Birmingham so he's now got 19 in 24 games... :lol:

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have played this, but on my cellphone. I thought it was extremely boring, but perhaps its because it was a poor version of the game compared to the PC and PSP versions.

That's like playing with Palm and thinking about a woman and actually having a woman.

• Backroom

Makes sure you praise his form to help get rid of the SLT. still great management to get that from him

Yeah, I praised his form after he banged 4 past Fulham, his issue is now resolved (though if having an issue causes him to play that well maybe I should be harsh to him more often!!)

Out:

Roberts (1M to Spurs)

Andrews (3.3M to Porto !!)

Hoilett (3M plus Guti to Real Madrid - didn't even put him on the list, they just came in with this offer randomly :blink: )

Rigters(100k to Watford)

El-Hadji Diouf (2M to Lyon)

Chimbonda (Loaned to Sevilla)

MGP (3.2M to At. Madrid)

Doran (3M to Man City)

Phil Jones (1.6M to Man Utd, didn't want to sell him but they offered him a contract and he chose Utd over Rovers, the fee is the compensation I received)

I sold Andrews for the same price, and Roberts for £100k extra, to the same teams, aswell as Hoilett to Real Madrid for £5m, teams seem always interested in the same players. Iv got for Rovers(without editing the budget):

Danny Wilson(£2.5m from Rangers)

Edixon Perea(Free)

Yannick Djalo(£800k fro Sporting Lisbon)

Mahamadou Diarra(Loan from Real Madrid)

Makoto Hasebe(£1.5m from Wolfsburg)

Senijad Ibricic(£3.5m from Hadjuk Split)

Sebastian Blanco(£2.2 from Lanus)

Banton, Jones, Doran and Linganzi are all out on loan as well as Salgado as i wanted to offload most of his wages.

Won 4 out of 5, lost to Hull but made up by winning at the Emirates.

• Backroom

I've done a game with a normal budget with Rovers before, think I posted a few screenshots a few pages back. Really just wanted to see what I could do with our potential transfer budget if Syed takes over :) am 4th after 28 games so far, I'd certainly consider 4th good enough in the game and in real life!

Maybe Big Sam should start slagging off our players more often!

I've just became Juventus manager, who struggled last season, so they approached me after guiding B.Leverkusen to the Bundesliga title two seasons in a row. Anyway, I started the season fine but once the transfer window closed I found myself without any fit rightbacks. Who did I find to fill the gap? Oh yes...Salgado on a free! :D

35 years old, worth £90k and is having a great season. He's now keeping Christian Zapata (£21m) and Zdenek Grygera (£2m) out of the first team. :lol:

If you have striker problems try to sign Artem Milevskiy, I play him as complete forward and he scores bucket loads.

He costs around 10 mill but if you sell some fringe players you can make that, that was before the patch though, its a bit harder on the 10.3 version to make a bit.

I always sign a guy called Sergey Krivets too, he can play a lot of midfield positions and usually comes cheap, I believe after the patch he has signed for Lech and may be harder to sign.

Also a guy called Kikin Fonseca used to be the bees knees for me when I played a QPR game you can buy him for under a mill and he scores like crazy in championship and in prem too.

The game that i mentioned, my laptop decided to update and restart as i was saving, so thats gone. Started a new game with Villa, iv signed Boriello, Ochoa, Gago and Diarra on loan whilst selling Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Guzan and Harewood and i think 1 or 2 more.

Beerwins Milevsky can be bought for £4.6m on 10.3, iv got him in the past and hes been good, and hes listed as backup at Dinamo Keiv which is why i got him at that price before.

Mr Deadlydirk,

Please be sure to ensure that we either A get taken over by a rich sugar daddy asap or B have billions in the bank in the latest edition.

Cheers

I'm praying it will be completed before data is locked down otherwise it won't be added no matter how probable it might seem, bit of an awkward one!

I remember that a few years ago we had a fm league running with members of this board and around 20 users. Would people be interested in running this again for FM 11?

I would be up for that, but wouldnt it be very slow? and do you have to wait for one person to continue before the game goes forward?

We used to have a rule that a certain number of users had to be online for us to play a fixture, but you basically have to arrange regular nights or times when games are to be played. It will obviously be slower than playing by yourself or in a network game with only one or two people, but it's really interesting to take part in.

Left this on when I went to Leeds, put myself out of a job and on Holiday from around 2021and found myself in 2040. Interesting points to note, Rovers went into Administration in 2033 but finished 12th. They were still succesful in the domestic cups winning both a few times in the 2030s however relegation in 2039/2040 sees them as a mid table championship side so far.

Straight back into a job with Macclesfield (although not the job I wanted as the budget is just 2k!)

Won league 2 & managed to get to the Quarters of the FA Cup & managed to take United to a replay.....NICE extra earner for the club. Made a profit of £1.5m in my 1st season & only signed freebies or Loans, except for 1 player who cost £75k.

Into season 2 - Media predict 22nd for my team in League 1 - 13 games in, we are 2nd..... :lol:

• Backroom

Got a little bored playing the game regularly as I find it quite easy these days in any tier so I've gone on a bit of a mission... created my own nation with 4 tiers and 40 teams (15 Prem, 10 Div 1, 10 Div 2 and 5 in the lowest divison). Every club has the same finances as Man City and excellent reputations. The transfers in game are mad... Ricardo Fuller for 13.5M, Titus Bramble for 22.5M, etc. Proof the AI is absolutely rubbish at team building :D am going to give the leagues a few seasons to get settled and for the clubs to build up half decent squads then jump in B)

Won league 2 & managed to get to the Quarters of the FA Cup & managed to take United to a replay.....NICE extra earner for the club. Made a profit of £1.5m in my 1st season & only signed freebies or Loans, except for 1 player who cost £75k.

Into season 2 - Media predict 22nd for my team in League 1 - 13 games in, we are 2nd..... :lol:

Won league 1 with 99 points and finished way clear. Also won the FA trophy & again reached the quarters of the FA Cup - this time losing to Spurs.

Now into the Championship (Higher than Macclesfield have ever been) - Just in pre-season, bank balance of £4m, £1.8m transfer budget to play with. Keep requesting improvements to the stadium, training & youth but nothing so far - keep rejecting it & il have to quit

Archived