BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm that is weird, have you posted on the SI forums?

Below is the link from where I got my patch from (for the boxed version):

FM2010 Mac Patch

I posted a request for help this morning with no responses as of yet.

I also cant connect to that link you gave Kamy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started with Rovers, £0 budget meant I decided to ship out a few players. My business so far looks like:

Out:

Andrews £7.5m!!!! :D exactly 10x what we paid.

Diouf £5m

Zurab £3m

Anyone know any good, young, cheap players, especially centre midfielders and strikers?

Cheers.

Heck you got a lot more than I did, I was well happy when I got £3.9m for Keef.

You will need to wait a few seasons before he is effective as he is only 16 but Marco Veratti is my top young player, 2nd season in and he is looking pretty special. For imediate impact look at Abou Diaby. Kalanic took a season to become prolific on my game but others say hes class from the start. I also fancy Potts to become half decent and Vastic as well, but they have been hit and miss so far for me. Insua on loan served me well also.

As a long time FM player I have always liked to get youth in from the start, but my lack of cash and need for instant success drove me to sign has beens like Sol Campbell to replace the reserves, 2nd season I even got Patrick Viera in on a free as he was released by Inter.

Another thing I have done is abandoned my footballing principles and play a 4-5-1, I do change to 4-4-2 occaisionally but 4-5-1 is often reccomended in the pre match meetings with your coaching staff(for those that don't know on matchday just goto Backroom advice, as it does not always ask for a prematch meeting) wierdly I find a higher line helps me as well.

Im now addicted again, 2 days real time on it and Im midway through second season, finished 6th first season, 4th so far 2nd season and well in for a shot at the title,(although my team is faltering big time now through tiredness- anyone got any advice on this) through the group stage of the Europa League and Semis in the League Cup vs Arsenal but like real Rovers no matter what I do I seem to get battered off them every time.

The wierd thing is I offered him out at 7.5 and Sunderland were dying to pay me that. Wonder what would have happened if I'd put him up for 10+...

:unsure:

And thanks for that Tim, I'll have a look for Veratti. I've brought in Kone since I usually have success with him and he's bagged about 5 in 4 so far so that's working. Roberts and Di Santo are looking profilic as well, but centre midfield really is a problem, I had to use Salgado there last match. Nelsen, Dunn, Reid, Samba, Emerton, Grella, McCarthy and Givet out injured from the beginning. Realistic I suppose! :)

In my 1st couple of seasons I generally look at loans/ freebies if low on cash.

Im into 2017 now - Just had 2 8th placed finishes in a row with Notts Forest - signed a 4 year contract extension now....and more or less every vacanct big job that comes up, they come offering it me 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

I started a new game recently, tweaked my game a bit through the editor... mainly to give me a lot of money to spend :D although I've tried to keep my spending under control, but I like to know I can spend if I want to. In my second season right now where I've spent a lot more money than the previous season, but my team looks something like this and has been doing pretty well despite the busy schedule.

Players bought in first season:

Kacar $6mil

Diaby $2.5mil

Babel $15mil (I have no idea why I bought him and was regretting it at the start, but he's proven to be a tremendous signing in the end)

Players bought in second season:

Artem Milevskyi $5.5mil

Salvio $2mil

Ben Foster $7mil

Brede Hangeland $12mil

Michael Chretien $10mil

Jack Wilshere(on loan) $2mil fee + $10mil option to buy (which I am definitely going to take because this guy is fantastic)

Old players:

Robinson - second choice to Foster now, we were conceding a bit too many goals and I blame him

Samba - player of the season with 7.38 average rating and 6 goals to his name, he keeps trying to leave though!

Nelsen - hasn't been a regular due to injuries in the first season and Hangeland preferred now

Givet - I will be looking to sell him at the earliest opportunity, has been poor for his ability

Olsson - Fantastic at left back

Emerton - Fantastic at right back in the 2nd season - used in central midfield in the first

Andrews - Currently preferred as my box-to-box midfielder to Diaby due to some solid performances

N'zonzi - Largely unused in the first season, is now keeping Kacar out of the side with fantastic displays and 3rd best scorer in my team

Pedersen - Alternates with Babel usually depending on performances

Dunn - Often injured, so used when possible

Hoilett - Absolutely brilliant in both seasons

Kalinic - Ditto

Roberts - Brilliant in the first season, not used as much now due to the preference of Milevskyi who has been scoring 2 a game almost!

Old players in reserves:

Salgado (unable to sell)

Khizanishvilli (unable to sell)

Players sold:

Reid & Grella (good players, but they barely got into my side with Kacar and Diaby there and the emergence of N'zonzi, plus Andrews has been doing quite well when called upon as well)

Jacobsen (injuries and then not much chances for him in the first team)

Chimbonda (together with Olsson were excellent in my first season, but he dropped off in form quite a lot and his attributes started falling and of course ageing as well - so I decided to sell him and bring a younger more capable full back in Chretien. Unfortunately Chretien has cost a lot of money and has failed to perform as well as I'd like, but luckily Emerton has taken over that position and has done brilliantly)

Diouf (I honestly can't remember the reason for selling him because he looked decent, I loaned him out for the second half of the first season, but he was barely used and then ended up selling him for about 3mil to Sheffield Utd)

McCarthy (sold him at the start of the season because I had no need in the 4-5-1 system I was playing)

Just started with Rovers, £0 budget meant I decided to ship out a few players. My business so far looks like:

Out:

Andrews £7.5m!!!! :D exactly 10x what we paid.

Diouf £5m

Zurab £3m

Anyone know any good, young, cheap players, especially centre midfielders and strikers?

Cheers.

Those figures are impossible without some editing?

Cheap/Young Players:

Ansaldi RB/LB (Rubin) - good enough for any club in his first season

Jordan Spence CB

Michael Mancienne RB/CB

Albin (Getafe) LM/FW

Pedro Leon RM

Ytegard (Tromso) CM

Ignacio Camacho ( A Madrid) CM

Kadlec (Prague) FW

Sandro CM

Ismeal Aissiati RM/LM

Guilherme (Dinamo Kiev) CF- Awesome player

Wellington (Spartak Moscow) goal machine

Falcao (porto) FW

Nope. I'll take some screenshots if you're that stunned. :rolleyes: The Diouf one was a small fee loan with an option to buy for 4.something million, will sell him no matter what he does. Zurab was wrong, I meant to say Jacobsen. But the deal is the same one, 1.1m with an option to sell for just under 2m. Andrews was sold straight off the bat. I have no idea how to edit it and wouldn't want to even if I did, but I don't suppose that's provable in any way, all I can say is that I didn't cheat.

fm10.jpg

The really annoying thing is that those funds just aren't available to me, I got about 5m out of that to spend and it vanished before I'd spent a few mill. I can hardly sign anyone now because we have no funds, even cheapo players can't be signed. Hopefully in the mid-season transfer window I can offload McCarthy etc for a few quid so I can get in some young stars.

The really annoying thing is that those funds just aren't available to me, I got about 5m out of that to spend and it vanished before I'd spent a few mill.

Selling Andrews for £7.5m, I was about to question the validity of this game. Then you posted the above. :D

• 3 weeks later...

In my 1st couple of seasons I generally look at loans/ freebies if low on cash.

Im into 2017 now - Just had 2 8th placed finishes in a row with Notts Forest - signed a 4 year contract extension now....and more or less every vacanct big job that comes up, they come offering it me 1st.

Just picked it up again.

Now into my 3rd prem season with Notts Forest - media expectations of 10th - currently 1st (3pts clear) with 5 games to go, won the league cup & in the final of the FA Cup.

£33m transfer budget remaining & £49m in the bank with no debts....My team is quality and one of my youngsters just won runner up to world midfielder of the year...and was also named in a sub in the European team of the year. Also just turned down the Chelsea job to continue my work with Forrest.

Liverpool are also tracking me & want me in the summer....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Got this out again the other day and installed the 10.3 patch... currently with Rovers, playing a 4-1-2-3 system which is very strange and new to me, but provides fantastic entertainment. The team took a while to adapt to the system, but now they have we're performing impressively and getting some good results, though we concede a lot. The only real issue with the system is that it doesn't employ wingers at all, so there's no room for MGP (usually a solid FM performer). Retraining him to play MC at the moment. There has been the odd atrocious performance - losing 5-1 away to Wolves was a particular lowlight. Also a lot of good performances. Should have got a 2-2 at Old Trafford, but wouldn't you know it, Utd get a 93rd minute penalty and it ends 3-2.

In March now and we're sitting 9th on 47 points. Stoke are 8th on 48 points and Everton are 7th on 52, though they've got 2 games in hand. We've scored 57, joint-second top scorers in the league (!!), but also conceded 51, which is the 6th worst in the divison. Olsson and Nelsen have in particular been very inconsistant.

The squad itself is OK considering I've had basically nothing to spend. Struggled to sell anyone, biggest fee I've received is 2M for Jason Banton. Brought in a young AML (who I play as a striker) called Fabio Coentrao on loan who's done well. Abubakari Yakubu is an emergency backup who came in on a free, and in the January window I managed to nab Abou Diaby and Abdelkader Ghezzal on 6 month loan deals. Diaby's been very good, Ghezzal's been injured the entire time.

Best performers as far as av. ratings go have been Samba (7.58), Reidy (7.29 - he's still very good on FM for some reason), Di Santo (7.25 - 15 goals in 24 games) and Kalinic 7.13 - 20 goals in 27 games!). Worst performers have been A. Yakubu (6. 35 - hasn't played much to be fair), Givet (6.68!), Salgado (6.44), and Olsson (6.76).

Had rows with Chimbonda and Diouf earlier in the season. Chimbonda made me rage after getting sent off in a match for a 2 footed lunge, complaining about being fined a week's wages, then producing a performance that got a 3.4 rating (think it might have been the 5-1 Wolves drubbing). Anyway, sent him to the U18's, tried to sell him, no joy. Eventually just mutually terminated his contract. Diouf similarly put it some bad performances and then got stupidly sent off, so he's off on loan at the moment.

Got manager of the month for February for these crazy results:

Blackburn 4-4 Aston Villa

Portsmouth 0-6 Blackburn

Blackburn 2-0 Wolves

Sunderland 3-4 Blackburn

Hoping for 8th... though I'm concerned that it's going to be very difficult to replace Diaby, Coentrao, and di Santo when they leave... doubt I'll be given much more money to spend :( might be able to get di Santo back on loan, possibly Coentrao too.

Current line up (when everyone is fit) is:

Robbo

Olsson

Samba

Nelsen

Emerton

Grella

Dunn

Diaby

Coentrao

Kalinic

di Santo

Subs:

Brown

MGP

Givet

N'Zonzi

Hoilett

Salgado

Yakubu

• Backroom

Aye, that they do!

Finished 7th in the end, which I'm pretty happy with :) could've nicked 6th if Sunderland had beaten Spurs but it wasn't to be.

Kalinic ended the season quite badly, his form just deserted him. Still, he ended with 24 goals which isn't a bad tally! Di Santo bagged 22. Abou Diaby was superb... no way I'll be able to keep him, though.

The trust were forced to invest 4M to stop us going into receivership, so despite working well within the budget it doesn't look like we're doing great financially :mellow: hopefully a high league finish will do us some favours. Not expecting much to spend next year...

Edit: They're spending 7M on expanding Ewood :rock: I'd rather have that cash for players if I'm being honest... :angry2:

Dirk, any reason why Reidy is so good?

Were not supposed to change injured players so he's been basically untouched since I took over around 2 years ago as everyime it gets around to an update he's injured!! He'll be rated by the WBA researcher for 2011 so haven't a clue how he'll be rated for the next one, either way it's unlikely that he'll be staying with us from what I've heard/read.

• Backroom

Were not supposed to change injured players so he's been basically untouched since I took over around 2 years ago as everyime it gets around to an update he's injured!! He'll be rated by the WBA researcher for 2011 so haven't a clue how he'll be rated for the next one, either way it's unlikely that he'll be staying with us from what I've heard/read.

Aye, he isn't the player he used to be IRL. Glad he's still fantastic on FM10 though, he and Diaby are a fantastic CM pairing :tu:

He's actually our best player on the game, although he does seem to under perform. The match engine is unfortunately a little too heavily linked around pace and jumping for my liking.

He always averages too low for me - makes him worth selling, unfortunately, as he isn't as good as he should be, no matter if it is LB or CB.

• Backroom

Please can someone give me alink to the january update cant find one what works :( many thanks.

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=patches

The official site. Works fine for me!

Finished 3rd in my second season at Rovers after a nail-biting end to the season that saw ourselves and Liverpool battling for 3rd and 4th. A 84th minute Villa equaliser against 'Pool and us smashing Sheff Utd 6-0 ensured we took 3rd :) replaced Olsson with Garrido at DL, and he's playing well. Still need a better DR than Emerton. Looking forward to some Champions League football next season B)

He's actually our best player on the game, although he does seem to under perform. The match engine is unfortunately a little too heavily linked around pace and jumping for my liking.

Does he? He's always in the low 7's for me. Back four left center back with a cover duty alonside Samba, he even became a starter for france in my last two games and won the world cup!!

Here's a link for those struggling to get players to perform.

Archived