BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2010

Guest Kamy100

For me it is a significant improvement on last year's version, best thing to do is head over to SI Games website and download the demo, as per previous demos you can play half a season so it gives you a really good chance to test out the game.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this version feels more like a 'new' game than any version of years.

The interface has changed a lot and the addition of the tactics creator/touchline shouts is something they've never had before. If you didn't play FM09 either you've also got the 3D match view as a new feature.

The two players you mentioned are in the game but they're just average players now, although Bakircioglu was a decent winger when I played with Ajax on 09. I'm not sure about Mads Jorgensen, if he's still playing he'll be in the database, I doubt he'll be any good though.

Cheers.

Hughesy you turncoat managing arsenal, if its the same as other versions thats a cop out, get your arse back to Ewood!! ;)

I know :lol: . I just wanted to see how I could do with abit of money for a change and some talented youngsters. Also to see if I could get them back to the top....following any success il take a move to a lower club...I will manage Rovers later...maybe drop even lower for my next game....Someone like Torquay or something! :rock:

I've not really played a lot of FM over the years but 2010 has hooked me I think.

I've started out with Blyth Spartans (where I live). I've got no money, poor staff and a mob of pub league players. I've played around with the interface a lot and done my first press conference and just been beaten in my first game off my own reserves... :angry:

Does anyone have any tips for playing the game as a "grass roots" team? I'm thinking general tactics(hoofball?), types of players to go for (when there is no money and little to spend on wages). Does the tactics wizard work well? Can I read too much into a dismal defeat by my own reserves? Should I stick to FIFA 10?

Friendlies are about fitness - don't worry about it.

One small piece of advice is to restrict how much the players can think for themselves (examples being their creative freedom and how fluid their positional play is). It's very unlikely that their mental attributes will be able to handle the responsibility. Much as it is always tempting to try and create a team that tries to out-Arsenal it's opposition, it's very difficult at a lower level until you get some intelligent, experienced players in. Keep it simple for them, get them fit, and concentrate everything on getting a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net!

I know :lol: . I just wanted to see how I could do with abit of money for a change and some talented youngsters. Also to see if I could get them back to the top....following any success il take a move to a lower club...I will manage Rovers later...maybe drop even lower for my next game....Someone like Torquay or something! :rock:

Couldn't resist Arsenal where always too easy to win with, in fact the whole game was too easy period. Don't displace Buckle he's a god in torquay. Have you played the game a lot??? I played every version up till 09 but alas it was too easy and even winning the prem in the first was achievable. Scouting is also absolute rubbish, you just trawl through teams and under21's looking for a player. This tactics system is it better the previous wasn't great but once you figured out a formaation you pretty much couldn't lose, so hopefully thats changed.

He has quite the eye for strikers. First he brought in Owen on a free, then he brought Roque back in on loan, and now he has Luis Fabiano on loan as well.

I always had a habit of collecting the worlds best, the later one is quite a coo.

Finally had a little bit of time to play this over the last week and in my first season as Reading I took them back to the Premier League, finishing second in the Championship. However, have struggled quite a bit in the Prem and am lying 17th a day before the opening of the January transfer window. Thought Joe Hart would be a snip at £2m, but he has made umpteen mistakes that have lead to goals, so he's been dropped in favour of Federici and James Vaughan, after a prolific start to the season, hasn't scored in his last 11 games...

1st season transfers:

In

Kyle Naughton - loan.

Matt Hill - loan.

Zavon Hines - loan.

Mark Viduka - free transfer (in January).

Out

Mitchell Bryant - £10k

Simon Church - £500k

Hal-Robson Kanu - loan.

James Henry - loan.

2nd season transfers:

In

Kyle Naughton - loan (1.5m).

Jordan Robertson - loan (400k).

James Vaughan - £4.5m

Bobby Convey - free transfer.

Ivan Bandalovski - free transfer.

Joe Hart - £2m.

Mark Reynolds - £400k.

David Edgar - swap for Matthew Mills.

Adam Johnson - £3m.

Out

Brynar Gunnarsson - free transfer.

Ivar Ingimarsson - free transfer.

Mark Viduka - free transfer.

James Henry - free transfer.

Mikkel Andersen - free transfer.

Ben Hamer - free transfer.

Chris Armstrong - £2m.

Marek Matejovsky - £6m.

Starting XI:

Federici

Naughton - Cisse - Pearce - Reynolds

Mcanuff - Edgar - Howard - Johnson

Rasiak - Vaughan

That line-up probably explains why I'm struggling...

1st season complete as Arsenal

League - 2nd (city won it)

League Cup - 4th Round (Lost on pens to Chelsea)

FA Cup - WON - beat United on pens

Champs Cup - WON - beat United 1-0

Think I will spend abit longer with Arsenal before I move on....1st season Dzeko bagged 25 league goals which was good - just short of 40 in all comps. Going to try and sign another star for next season....maybe Pato or someone similar.

Need to find some top central defenders now. Iv got that German keeper coming in on a free too.

I'm currently manager of Saints.

I was told my league position of 16th was unacceptable...however if they took away the -10 points I had at the start of the season, I would currently be 2nd in the league.

How cheeky is that! Sack the board! Bring back Rupert Lowe!

Anyone got any good tips for a top striker? Around the Villa, Aguero or Pato level but that isnt going to cost me as much.

Aguero is mine for £48m if I want him...but I refuse to pay that. It killed me paying £20m for Dzeko so over double is just crazy!

Anyone got any good tips for a top striker? Around the Villa, Aguero or Pato level but that isnt going to cost me as much.

Aguero is mine for £48m if I want him...but I refuse to pay that. It killed me paying £20m for Dzeko so over double is just crazy!

Gignac and Milevskyi are phenomenol at under 10mill eahc usually!

I got Adriano to Rovers for £5m after the first season. I spent 6mnths becoming his best mate and unsettling him first though. After having several double figure bids that I knew could not be backed up rejected, he went awol from training and had a transfer request accepted.

I also got Moutinho and Ballack from Chelsea and Reo Coker from Villa after they were all transfer listed and dropped in the reserves. Alomst re-signed Rocky for just over £4m but he wanted too much in wages. I have a regen coming in from Villareal in Jan of the 3rd season who is basically a clone of Torres. Got him for just over £8m by buying out his contract (Villareal only paid a few 100k for him 12mnths earlier).

Newcastle is a pretty interesting challenge. I thought it would be easy to move on the big names but it's proved very, very difficult, and that wage bill is extremely hard to manage in the Championship.

I basically listed all the high earners (so most of the squad), but as I could only sell a few (Coloccini, Jonas and Lovenkrands) I started with a massively unsettled squad. I brought in Sol Campbell and Rudi Skacel to replace the outgoings and I've managed to get Benjani and David Nugent on loan to add some depth up front. Sitting second with about 10 games to go but the wheels are starting to fall off my promotion challenge, I've let an 8 point lead slip to nothing now after losing the last three games.

Started off 4-4-2 but decided to go 4-3-3 (3 central forwards, not wingers) as I have an abundance of central midfielders and central strikers. I think that formation may have been found out though so I'm planning to switch to either a narrow diamond or a 3-5-2 (Enrique and Ryan Taylor would make decent wing backs I reckon).

Still finding my way around the tactics system though, I reckon I might go back to the old system soon as I feel very restricted when the new system doesn't do what I want it to.

I'm currently manager of Saints.

I was told my league position of 16th was unacceptable...however if they took away the -10 points I had at the start of the season, I would currently be 2nd in the league.

How cheeky is that! Sack the board! Bring back Rupert Lowe!

Without wishing to rub it in I managed to finish 1st despite the -10 point start with the Saints. I'm into the second season now in the Championship but am really struggling to get going. I'm getting serious second season syndrome! Rickie Lambert bangs them in still though and Morgan Schneiderlin is one of the top youngsters on the game IMO.

Still finding my way around the tactics system though, I reckon I might go back to the old system soon as I feel very restricted when the new system doesn't do what I want it to.

I'm exactly the same LeChuck. If I'm losing with the new tactics system I feel I can't do enough to get back into the match. With the tactic sliders I am usually able to get back into the game pretty easily.

Edit: Tim convert your tactics back to the sliders and you can alter how high up you want your defenders to play. With the likes of Jaidi at the back your going to have to let them play deep otherwise you'll get screwed on the counter. If you want to persevere with the new tactics then I'm not sure how to get them to sit deeper?

I'm not actually sure you need to convert it to the old system to change the sliders.

If you click the 'Advanced' button when you're looking at your team instructions, it will show you all the sliders and how the tactics creator has set them up. If you want to override it just tick the box and change the slider. This also works for individual player instructions too.

I too had that problem Tim (especially with Sol Campbell!) so I went into the advanced bit and sat my defence a lot deeper and told them to stop playing for offside; it worked a treat.

I'm only 11 games into the season so with 35 games left I should gain automatic promotion, hopefully win the league, if I continue my form.

Funnily enough you both mention Campbell and Jaidi being slow defenders. Well they are my central defenders so I guess you'll both understand the problems at the back i'm having. Thankfully as you say, Rickie Lambert is firing the goals in and I've got a pretty good squad for a League 1 side.

This is my regular team I put on for games:

GK: Kelvin Davis

RB: David Gray (Season long loan from Man Utd)

CB: Sol Campbell (Signed on a free)

CB: Radhi Jaidi

LB: Lee Naylor (325k from Celtic)

RM: Jonas Kamper (400k from Bielefeld) - Lightning quick

CM: Morgan Schneiderlin

CM: Adam Lallana

LM: Lee Holmes

AT: Rickie Lambert

AT: Marek Saganowski

S1: Bartosz Bialkowski

S2: Neil Winstanley (90k from Bidvest Wits) - S.African defender with 3 goals in 7 games.

S3: Brahim Hemdani (Signed on a free - ex-Rangers)

S4: Damien Plessis (12 month loan from Liverpool - My parent club)

S5: Graeme Murty

S6: Papa Waigo (On loan - speedy but couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo)

S7: Nathan Tyson (12 month loan with agreed price of 275k)

You wont have any trouble getting out of the division with that side mate, it looks quality to me. I mentioned him a while back but seriously, if you want a goal machine for League one and Championship then sign Emad Moteab. You can get him for under 200k. I had both he and Lambert bag over 30 league goals each. Another good loan who I got for the Saints in Ritchie De Laet from United - he can play anywhere along the back four.

Into my 5th season as manager of newcastle finished 1st in championhip followed by 8th in prem 5th 1st 2nd with both domestic cups won. got jo on loan for first season in prem and he hit 33 goals in 32 games in the prem him and vagner love up front in my first two seasons were the reason i did so well macheda came in and i am turning down bids of 30m for him.

Gignac and Milevskyi are phenomenol at under 10mill eahc usually!

Both rated as 4th choice by my scouts and also pushing 25 is too old for my transfer policy. Need a top striker around 21 or 22.

Into my 5th season as manager of newcastle finished 1st in championhip followed by 8th in prem 5th 1st 2nd with both domestic cups won. got jo on loan for first season in prem and he hit 33 goals in 32 games in the prem him and vagner love up front in my first two seasons were the reason i did so well macheda came in and i am turning down bids of 30m for him.

You have too much time on your hands.....

Archived