BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New World Record

Was watching it and noticed how much longer his legs are than Tyson's. Gives him a huge advantage from the get-go.

Amazing performance, actually looked up what time it was being run so I wouldn't miss it.

And agree with Presty about the British chick. Yummy!

Bolt thinks his limit is 9:04 I'm sure he said. Doubt he'll hit it but he will almost certainly break his record a few more times.

If he works at it he could put up a score that will never be beaten.

I know what you mean, and he always seems to slow down before the finish line too. I genuinely think if he maximises his potential and sets a full time, he'll be unbeaten for at least 50 years.

I am sure he is awesome but at 73 he is gonna slow a little bit for sure?

Was watching it and noticed how much longer his legs are than Tyson's. Gives him a huge advantage from the get-go.

Amazing performance, actually looked up what time it was being run so I wouldn't miss it.

And agree with Presty about the British chick. Yummy!

His legs are a disadvantage for the start, but after that the longer stride pattern is a big advantage.

If he's clean (any news on those 4 Jamaicans who failed a drugs test a while ago?) he is what athletics needs. The showmanship is all part of the package, and he is simply phenomenal. Who is to say he won't try to win the 100, 200, relay and 400 metres in 2012? A tall order, but the way he goes, it is seeming like anything is possible.

His legs are a disadvantage for the start, but after that the longer stride pattern is a big advantage.

Why do we rely on Theo Walcott with his little legs for pace when we've got a hidden sprinter on the bench for England. We need to put Peter Crouch on the right wing. We've all seen him slow off the block but until now we've assumed he's just slow. Infact he's taller than Bolt so technically makes his stride bigger. Peter Crouch could be Britain's answer to achieve gold in London 2010.

0,,6854832,00.jpg

Caster Semenya is rather a sensitive subject. What do people think?

1703: Some incredible news breaking in Berlin - The IAAF has asked the South African athletics federation to conduct a gender verification test on 18-year-old 800m favourite Caster Semenya, due to run at 2035 BST, amid concerns she does not meet the requirements to compete as a woman. "It's a difficult scenario," reflects BBC commentator Steve Cram on BBC Two. "The IAAF cannot do anything unless one of the other competing nations lodges a protest."

Presumbly if proven legal she will change her name to Caster Semen-no?

Archived