BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Or Quality Midfielder

No Salgado? Maybe he will get the left back slot......

It would appear from what I've read he seems to see himself playing the Hierro role, so from that I'm guessing Jacobsen's a starter under Sam.

I really don't want to see a right footer playing at left back.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Lescott is worth £24m then Warnock should be £12-15m at least. It's a seller's market, there aren't that many good English players around. If Villa want him they should be made to pay, if Warnock is unhappy because he can't go then it's tough on him and I don't believe he's a sulker. I really hope Williams doesn't let Villa take the p!ss on this one. £15m - deal or no deal.

My sentiments exactly there, Paul.

I still think IF he wants to go we should get well rid but agree with some of the people on here that if Lescott is now going for circa 24m then we need to ask for more than 8m, there is no way Lescott is worth 3 times more than Warnock.

They are both 27, both can play in 2 positions, (Warnock LB and CM, Lescott LB and CB) and both are on the fringes of the England squad, albeit Lescott is a bit more ahead in the pecking order right now.

I'd want 12m minimum but it probably won't happen at that price, anything less than 10m now just shows we will sell our better players if you offer a 'decent' price. It's always tricky though if the player wants to leave as it gives the buying club power like we saw with Crouch going to Spuds. Everton are quite lucky because Man City are desperate to get Lescott so will pay what they want as after missing out on Terry they don't seem to have an alternative target.

We may be able to do the same to Villa the later on down the window it gets but he O'Neill is a stubborn old git.

I just really hate the transfer window, this has been going on for only about 4 days now, Friday night was the first time we heard the news (That a bid was made and the deal could be on, although things seemed to have started a lot earlier) and that seems like it's been dragging on forever and you can see how it can have a negative effect on the club with players wondering if he's going, wondering who we'll bring in, thinking about their own futures if we continue to sell and so on and so on, I just wish he went today or they closed the bloody window!

Since it would appear he's gone.

I'd want £8 million right now today. Add ons taking it up to £10 million based on appearances and england but mainly appearances. And then say 30% of any profit made. Stevie was rotting in the reserves in Liverpool before we brought him into the england team and like others I want more for him so lets do what other clubs do. Who knows what could happen perhaps he'll play a blinder and then Hughes will sign him for £20 million plus. Any injury to either Cole or Bridge and he's straight in the england squad.

I'd like to see us play the game a bit more. Its about time we got the benefits of percentage's.

But then I want two decent players in to replace him before the deadline with all the money going to Sam to spend or even one permanent and two loans.

And where is the quality midfielder we have signed after sales of Crocky and our Blackburn heritage players?

With BFS the penny still has not dropped. The famous midfielders from last season are still not fit.

Any mishap against the Gills or against our 'bogey' lot on Saturday put us under some pressure.

The sale of Warnock will get us an aged mercenary again.

I wish clubs would make the want away players do a press conference where they have to explain why they have decided that they are unhappy or want to leave all of a sudden. It would make for some uncomfortable questions for the player and make them know how people really feel!

I would rather he stayed, because we are short at the back and he's our best left back, but if we could buy someone like this, it would soften the blow.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/video-evidenc...-everton/34402/

Most important part of what Sam said to the LT

“I don’t want to lose my best players. We haven’t had anything near a bid we could consider. He is still our player and I envisage he still will be our player.”

Not what he was implying on Radio Lancs this morning - seemed to be saying more of until the injury situation with Nelsen is confirmed.

My first post on here. No point comparing values with Lescott, I think, cos Lescott ain't worth anything like £24m. Players only go for those ridiculously inflated prices when a club with money sloshing around decides it wants them. Arsenal paid about £10m for Vermaelen, who looks a far better player than Lescott to me from the brief TV glimpses I've seen. :rolleyes:

I saw a bit of Sam's interview on SSN earlier and he sounded like he didn't feel in control of the situation, and like he was warning the Trust that he needs two defenders in if Warnock goes, with Nelson out for a while too. He seemed a bit downbeat, explaining that Rovers is a selling club, a small town club. Speaking as a new boy, I think the fans need to be realistic, and most of the fans seem to be. having seen a reasonable amount of Sam's work at Blackpool and Bolton, I think Rovers has a great man for the current situation, and I was pretty impressed with the performance against City. The highlights of the Sunderland game also looked good. As new players settle in and Sam imposes his ideas, the team will improve. I have no doubt about that. And Sam will do his utmost best to make the most of the Warnock situation. Fear not folks.

Don't think Allardyce did himself any favours with that interview but he's clearly narked at the situation. I'd suggest that part of his ire is from Warnock himself wanting to leave and the two losses but a win or two coupled with concentrating on football once the window shuts will sort things out there.

As for the quality midfielder argument. Whilst I'd love for a great player to be signed and immediately start dominating the pitch I'm not particularly unhappy with what we currently have. The injury list is frustrating but Reid, Dunn and Grella at least look good when they do play. N'Zonzi has had a decent start, Pedersen is playing well again, Diouf is doing a decent job etc etc. If we can string 30 game out of the injured three then things won't be too bad.

Mostly what strikes me is the lack of comparison to other teams. I looking at teamsheets around the league I'd say the top 4, Citeh, Spurs, Villa and Everton have a better midfield. So five obvious teams that we can do nothing about and three of our "competitors". All the rest of the league are much of a muchness with us. This situation hardly calls for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that abounds here.

:mellow: warnock wants out,lets not have another rsc situation,get rid.i hope he was only on the bus to gillingham so we can drop him off at villa park :huh:

Don't be silly. By playing hard ball with City over RSC we got at least another 6m on their original offer. :rolleyes:

If you don't mind me saying so waggy it's a good job you aren't in charge, we'd be in the Coca Cola with Ince still in charge, Fowler at centre forward, RSC gone for between 8m and 12m and and warnock off loaded for 4m. :lol: Don't give up your day job as they say.

Moving on.........

I don't know whats gone on at Brockhall but selling Wranock for the cash that has been mooted with no appearence / international appearence / sell on clause included seems insanity. No doubt he's under a combination of orders from his agent and originating from Villa Park to prize pen the exit door by any means possible but we need to dig in as Moyes and Everton did for max returns.

:P you posted on here citeh offered 22 million in jan ;)

Don't come up with half a story! The deal was in too late to find a replacement and City wanted to pay over 3 years. That is why it was rejected. He was sold 6 months later with his contract with 6 months less to run therefore less value and an even bigger injury question mark.

btw That is pretty much as I heard it from a source who has money in the club. Who are your sources waggy? Or would you rather be referred to as Lord Haw Haw these days?

Archived