BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock Or Quality Midfielder

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Exactly gaz in no way is it Sams choice fir the club to bank the cash anyone who says otherwise clearly has an agenda. You can see Sam is as fed up as the rest of us with it but that's what we have to deal with now.

Exactly gaz in no way is it Sams choice fir the club to bank the cash anyone who says otherwise clearly has an agenda. You can see Sam is as fed up as the rest of us with it but that's what we have to deal with now.

Totally agree sams ###### off at the board just as much as some off the fans.

I don't want the club to go and spend stupid money on players but the money we make on players should be re-invested in the playing squad not including the wages as we have a wage budget for that.

Lets see what happens but it would not surprise me if we don't sign anyone else this summer unless we sell some more players.

Looking forward to seeing how the Allardyce apologists spin this one.

I suspect Sam hasn't had much of a say, the wage budget is too high and they won't allow us to bring two players in.

Problem is that should we have brought in Chimbonda and Salgado? both take up big wages but are positions that aren't or shouldn't in my view be the priority.

I suspect Sam hasn't had much of a say, the wage budget is too high and they won't allow us to bring two players in.

Problem is that should we have brought in Chimbonda and Salgado? both take up big wages but are positions that aren't or shouldn't in my view be the priority.

I'm not so sure either...

I always really liked Warnock and it's disappointing to see him go. People have pointed out that he does get caught out in defence quite often and I've been noticing that as well, so maybe replacing him with an experienced player in Salgado and a decent defender in Chimbonda won't be too bad. Chimbonda's an alright player and we only spent like 2mil on him? Salgado came on a free. Not too bad of a deal.

Hahahaha I laughed at the fact that Aston Villa were knocked out as well. That's great. They are building a strong team though it seems, despite losing Laursen and Barry. Lots of challengers for the top 4 this season...

Fantastic we sell our left back and player of the year for an undisclosed fee - in other words Villa have got him on the cheap, so £8m is looking optimistic. In replacement we get a 34 year old right back who has played 17 games in the last two seasons, and a 30 year old right back who seems to have some "history."

Great business guys, I'm inspired...............

All the best to Stephen Warnock. Barring the Wigan game you always gave 100%. I like to think even that was a gift to the fans as it was the final nail in Ince's coffin. Anyone who sings "We wish you a Merry Christmas" knowing it was going to be broadcast to the fans with a big stupid grin on his face deserves some respect.

Nothing like Bentley, Stevie's got class.

Hope it works out for you - except when we play the Villa.

Fantastic we sell our left back and player of the year for an undisclosed fee - in other words Villa have got him on the cheap, so £8m is looking optimistic. In replacement we get a 34 year old right back who has played 17 games in the last two seasons, and a 30 year old right back who seems to have some "history."

Great business guys, I'm inspired...............

So warnock or a quality midfielder????

What about two right backs for a left back???

It would seem we are cursed never to have both full back positions covered.

So warnock or a quality midfielder????

Pigs flew past earlier today

What about two right backs for a left back???

It would seem we are cursed never to have both full back positions covered.

The arguement will be these players "can play" across the back four thus giving us more cover and options. Personally I think that's an excuse and JW and the board have lost it. We are selling our assets to pay the wage bill and running costs. It's a bloody joke.

Pigs flew past earlier today

The arguement will be these players "can play" across the back four thus giving us more cover and options. Personally I think that's an excuse and JW and the board have lost it. We are selling our assets to pay the wage bill and running costs. It's a bloody joke.

The arguements ###### Paul. Left footed left back out right footed right back in. It would seem we are on a mission to become the premiership team that makes the most profit in one window.

The arguements ###### Paul. Left footed left back out right footed right back in. It would seem we are on a mission to become the premiership team that makes the most profit in one window.

Outs - RSC (18M), Gally (900K), Derbs (3M), Warnock (7m+) = £29m

Ins - Kalinic (6m), NZonzi (400k), Chimbonda (1.5m), Givet (3.5m), Greek keeper (50k) – £11.4m

Now Sam said half of the RSC & Derbs money went to Bank (10.5m)

So we should still have around £7m left to play with……..

I think the problem we simply have now, is not funds for transfers - but space on the wage budget!

All the best to Warnock. He gave 110% all the time. Wish him well. He did well for Rovers.

I think £6m is a good deal. I have posted numerously that Warnock is error prone (due to his one footedness) and in my view a better midfielder as he has matured. I also think he wants to play midfield, be influential and has enjoyed the captains armband occasionally. Whether any of this has affected his relationship with Sam as he was nailed on first teamer in the left back slot.

I like Ollson. Players get better when you give them a real chance. Chimbonda is an attacking full back and able deputy if you ask me. Spurs fans think he is a good player. I think Harry Rednapp is geting above his station and there are bargains to had from Spuds as they offload to make way for the 'high profile wonder signings!'.

Someone commented recently about Pedersons total loss of form since Warnock has been at the club. They certainly have had more than their fair share of onfield exchanges during which time Pederson's form has dropped alarmingly. It's only speculation but since Warnock's desires to leave were known, he admitted that was the moment Villa showed interest in his interview last night, Pederson's form has improved, albeit a handful of games. Pederson clearly knew he would not be playing with Warnock much longer.

Sam's attitude is slipping. Not a Hughes fan but the one thing that was refreshing was Mark's willingness to talk the club up. "We can break into the top four" was pushing it a bit but a belief that we are in with the big boys, The Europa League can be won by Rovers (Leverkussen year, Middlesbrough) and we should set our aspirations as such. Allardyce talking Rovers down is reflecting his own character, as he said, he is a constant worrier which both gives that unbelievable drive but is also talking the club down to investors (most importantly) and to potential future signings. I fear it will also drive BFS to short signings, elderly players, cast offs. These were the reasons I saw Ince as a better option at the time (shame he is still saturated with his own ego).

Neil left, Warnock's left, similar players. Left back is not biggest problem for me, if a problem at all.

Outs - RSC (18M), Gally (900K), Derbs (3M), Warnock (7m+) = £29m

Ins - Kalinic (6m), NZonzi (400k), Chimbonda (1.5m), Givet (3.5m), Greek keeper (50k) – £11.4m

Now Sam said half of the RSC & Derbs money went to Bank (10.5m)

So we should still have around £7m left to play with……..

I think the problem we simply have now, is not funds for transfers - but space on the wage budget!

Given the finacial rewards and cut-backs we've achieved so far this summer, I think having one more player especially a midfielder is a must.

If we don't spend the money then I'm afraid its all too much in one hit. Last year we had Tugay and Moko fit most of the time to cover the midfield. Money in the bank will matter for nothing if we don't cut the mustard on the pitch.

What happens if Superman gets injured, what happens if N'zonzi's form dips (I think he's done very well but we have to be careful with him). Emerton and the three amigo's are bound to get niggles and the such having been out for so long. Our injury prevention system doesn't seem to either be in place or is not working given the amount of injuries we've succumbed to in both pre-season and in 3 games to date.

If theres a reason for all the fund raising fine as long as its a good one but if policy's changed as much as it would seem I think the fans have a right to know why.

But we have time left so before i go completely off on one I'm going to see what happens before tuesday. As it could all just be a ploy to cover up something else with Sam around.

:lol: most overated player at the rovers if you ask me,my might from liverpoo told me he was a liability,and he proved to be .the number of goals he gave away was horrendous,he either played a bad pass or was missing upfield.then we come to his sulking,trying to blame nelsen for adebayors goal and his simple not trying at wigan.if we got 6 million for him brilliant owt over that is robbery,problem is we only have samba left as a saleabe assett B)

Sam said Warnock wanted to go and usually players get their way. Sam also said he did not want him to leave, but 'circumstances' meant he had to go, wonder what these circumstances are......?

Williams has never ever interfered on the football side, with any manager since he's been at Rovers. Why do you think he's suddenly changed that approach during this summer window?

He hasn't. These are Allardyce's decisions, within defined amounts of money available, and nobody elses.

:lol: most overated player at the rovers if you ask me,my might from liverpoo told me he was a liability,and he proved to be .the number of goals he gave away was horrendous,he either played a bad pass or was missing upfield.then we come to his sulking,trying to blame nelsen for adebayors goal and his simple not trying at wigan.if we got 6 million for him brilliant owt over that is robbery,problem is we only have samba left as a saleabe assett B)

Sweet Jesus how big is that baggie you have?

Warnock did a good job while here.

Funny that he went to another club that are "Bigger than us", with this sort of talk one would think we constantly end up 17th.

Warnock: "I left Rovers for European football"

2 hours later: "Aston Villa crash out of the qualifying round for the Europa Cup"

ahahahhahahahhahahahah

Yeah I agree that was well funny and especially so after the chagrin of seeing him wave the claret and blue at the Holte end before then start of the match.

I suppose it's too much to hope that he proves a Gareth Bale type jinx.... or even a Bentley type influence! :lol: ........... Unless of course we have managed to include a performance type remuneration clause.

Williams has never ever interfered on the football side, with any manager since he's been at Rovers. Why do you think he's suddenly changed that approach during this summer window?

He hasn't. These are Allardyce's decisions, within defined amounts of money available, and nobody elses.

I agree Williams appears not to interfere in the playing side but he is the chairman and has influence throughout the club. I don't know if he's changed his approach but what I do know is every exciting player we had has been allowed to leave without the money being reinvested in the playing squad. We both know, because we've listened to JW say it across a table, JW's mantra is every scrap of spare cash should / does go into the playing side. JW believes the only real way to take the club forward is to deliver "success" (however that is defined in 2009, a seperate arguement) on the playing field. For some time we've allowed players who meant something to leave the club - Friedel, Bentley, RSC, Gally, Derbyshire, Warnock. Players who could raise the pulse a little, give a bit extra on a Saturday afternoon. Why? There is influence coming from somewhere that is preventing the funds raised through these sales being used to strengthen the squad - another JW mantra, the club should only buy players that improve the squad. We haven't made a signing that improves the squad since Hughes' time.

This is so very difficult to explain as it's mainly the emotional side of football. We have a squad packed full of players that mean nothing, no heroes, no connection. I'm simply so bitterly disappointed with what we have, there is nothing to look forward to this afternoon. Name a player who will quicken the pulse later today? We don't have a single one

Our football club has become a youth opportunity programme for the Big Four reserves and pension fund for retiring foreign players. I don't like it. This is not a knee-jerk comment, I've been making the point in various ways for years, the difficulty for me is there's nothing left. How do I get excited about a 34 year old right back who's hardly played for more than two years. WOW! he used to play for Real Madrid. FANTASTIC! Must get his autograph. Big frigging deal. Why are we packing the squad with has beens and foreign players who'll leave at the drop of a hat?

Tris I've just been reading this Mirror article, does this fit with your view? Not really sure what you think of Allardyce. Blackburn's Top Salesman.

"There has been a massive gain at every other place I have been. It's the same here this summer. I can't say I like it, but it's a necessity for the club. And I am capable of dealing with it.

"I am good at what I do. It's not just about managing the team, it's about helping the club to do what it needs to do."

If Sam is correct this seems to be saying selling players is a financial necessity for the club and he, as the manager, doesn't like it. One would assume from this the instruction to sell players is coming from other people in the club? The Board one would have to guess?

If Sam is correct this seems to be saying selling players is a financial necessity for the club and he, as the manager, doesn't like it. One would assume from this the instruction to sell players is coming from other people in the club? The Board one would have to guess?

This thread is going to go off topic and Warnock directly, but think it worthwhile looking back to these comments:

JW: "As long as we can preserve our mid-table Premier League status, the club is stable but without funding from our shareholders there is always the danger of moving from a trading club to a net selling club. It is the simple economics of a club with a small fan base.

Archived