BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to get on tonight after 3 failed attempts. Is quite fun, but I could see the thrill quickly wearing off. If you want to watch anything in the virtual cinema you have to wait for it to dowload first. Same if you want to go to a new map, you have to download them all. The bowling alley is probably the best place, met a friend there and played bowling. Couldnt get on the pool tables though they were all full. Still passed an hour or so pretty well.

Made a funny character though, My guy is a really tall black man with a massive nose, big white afro and beard and red shades that wears a wife beater vest. Awsome haha

Yeah I got in over the weekend too. Its a nice idea even though I doubt I will go back in much. People that like things like Facebook will probably love it.

Anyone that slates it though has to remember that it is still free and how can you complain at something that is free.

On another note - look who is back:-

Click

Anyone that slates it though has to remember that it is still free and how can you complain at something that is free.

Fair enough if it was just a nice little bonus thing that they were providing for nowt, but Sony have been boasting about this for years now, saying how it's what everyone has been waiting for (but never realised they wanted). How is this going to make them any money?

How is this going to make them any money?

Its full of posters and videos for recently released games. So its effectively like a massive advertising campaign. Theres probably area where you can pay to downloads some games and stuff too. Probably aimed at people that dont go into the playstation store that often.

A few things regarding ps3 versus xbox.

IMO the xbox is a better purchase. Xbox live is worth paying for. The ps3 servers are always down. LBP servers especially bad. Also everything seems to take much longer to download, and to top it off you have to install the game after downloading. No need for that on xbox.

I am struggling to find any games to buy. Upcoming releases look quite good.

All in all I am glad I made the purchase as I have a blu ray player now and can also play LBP which is superb.

I would recommend anybody who only has the ps3 should rush out and buy an xbox as well

I am struggling to find any games to buy. Upcoming releases look quite good.

Really?

I am on overload at the moment. This is what I have bought this week (and one from last week):-

Far Cry 2 - 17.99

Little Big Planet - £19.99

Prince of Persia - £17.99

I am just waiting for Resistance 2 to come back in stock at £19.99 and I will bag that as well.

That will take me up until February at which point Street Fighter 5 and Killzone 2 will also be picked up.

Its a good time for games.

As well as my earlier post about God of War take a look at this too - click[

Penny Arcade guys aren't digging home:

penny-arcade.com/2008/12/12/

It is very clearly a handful of walled off zones, where you are confronted by incessant load screens in a desperate search for stimulation. From the moment you enter one of their ultrahygenic "amusement regions," it's clear that all life has been burned away. You get the sense that this is a place in which no interesting thing could ever happen.

Anyone having any better experiences with it so far?

20081212.jpg

That is the problem Cocker.

I have 2 of the 3 games listed. (I had a look a Prince of Persia and decided it was too easy, although I might pick it up).

Beyond that there aren't many AAA titles. Everything seems rather average.

The blu-ray makes it worthwhile though, picked up the Dark Knight yesteday, looks superb.

Also, LBP is the best platformer I have ever played, better than Mario by a long way.

Also, LBP is the best platformer I have ever played, better than Mario by a long way.

Have you played Super Mario World or SMB3? LBP has great graphics and all that user-generated flexibility, but in terms of level design, the tightness of the controls and the physical challenges it delivers within the constraints of the platform game format, I'd imagine most critics would consider Mario to be better. It's a genre that reached its peak 20 years ago.

I have played all of the marios since the SNES and I am of the opinion that LBP is better. I have never felt the need to keep replaying levels over and over again just to be a little bit better. On LBP I don't want to finish but keep playing all the time. I must have played one of the mini challenges over 100 times just to get a better score

• 2 weeks later...
Is there no new games coming out that look any good?

The market seems to of dried up of games im interested in. Currently playing Far cry & Fifa all the time.

Killzone 2 - Street Fighter 5 - Resident Evil 5 - Infamous - Prototype?

To name but a few

Is there no new games coming out that look any good?

The market seems to of dried up of games im interested in. Currently playing Far cry & Fifa all the time.

You not tried both of the Call of Duty series? Both quality and when you complete it, the best part about the game is the online play.

On another topic...

Has anyone got that playstation tv? My mate has it and says you can record tv onto your hard drive, similar to skyplus

Archived