BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

Hughsey - Do what Kamy says but to be honest the address you use doesn't even have to be real (I used some thing like street name '1' address '2' etc etc - Click

Again as Kamy says you get many different things going into that store - it will make you very jealous as they get to download movies/downloadable magasines/better demos and is generally a better run place. (Their HOME is better than ours too - not that I have been in there myself) I have never paid for anything from their store and just use it for demos. You can do the same with the Japanese store but I have deleted the account I set up for that because I haven't got a clue what goes on in half of their demos I picked up (stuff about feeding cats and chopping wood)

Rag Doll Kung Fu is like super smash brothers but with Little Big Planet type physics. If anything it feels a little like a tech demo for the physics engine - nothing to write home about but it is free so fill yer boots.

Click

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Playstation 3 to get new free service:

VidZone is coming soon to PLAYSTATION 3, bringing thousands of streaming music videos to watch whenever you want, completely free of charge.

Imagine a music TV channel that allows you to watch the videos you want, when you want to watch them – VidZone is coming soon to PLAYSTATION 3 to make it a reality.

All you have to do is download the VidZone music video application from PlayStation Store, free of charge, and access the service via the icon that appears under [Music] on the PS3 Home Menu (XMB). That’s all you have to do to get free, unlimited access to thousands of music videos, with many more coming in regular updates.

It’s just as easy to create your personal playlists and build a library of your favourite videos, whether you need a soundtrack to a party or something to relax to on the sofa. You can even pause, or fast forward and rewind to the best bits. The videos are streamed, so there’s no waiting around for downloads, and they look superb on your television.

If you’re on the move, you can access the VidZone library using Remote Play for PSP, providing you are within range of a Wireless Internet connection.

The entertainment possibilities of PLAYSTATION 3 are going to get even more exciting when VidZone – one of Europe’s leading online music video services, with thousands of streaming videos covering many genres – hits PlayStation Store.

Watching your favourite music videos, free of charge, is about to get a lot easier. Stay with eu.playstation.com for more VidZone news.

Does anyone ever have trouble going online on your ps3? Sometimes, I.e now, my ps3 doesnt seem to have an internet connection. I do the test network setings and it comes up with this message:

"An error occured during communication with the server. This is DNS error (80710102)".

The modem is fine as im online now typing this message. Just my ps3 cant connect. Happened afew times. Then after a period of time, (afew minutes or until the next day) it seems to suddenly come online again.

Its a wired connection

That Vidzone looks good - whens that due out Kamy?

Has PS3 no plans to allow you to play your own music in menu's of games, rather than the standard stuff?

BenhBen - I get that problem quite often mate. Im on 02, u?

Noticed also that Xbox 360 is to get linked up with Sky Digi according to press reports.

Guest Kamy100

With E3 happening next week I think that the VidZone thing will be given a firm date for release.

Noticed also that Xbox 360 is to get linked up with Sky Digi according to press reports.

Yey, lets watch sky with the sound of a small aircraft taking off in the background! I can't even get the PC version of sky to work as I installed it many moons ago on another PC. Called sky to get them to let me re-register and nothing worked. The chances therefore of it working on my XBOX? I think are between 0 and nil.

Does anyone ever have trouble going online on your ps3? Sometimes, I.e now, my ps3 doesnt seem to have an internet connection. I do the test network setings and it comes up with this message:

"An error occured during communication with the server. This is DNS error (80710102)".

The modem is fine as im online now typing this message. Just my ps3 cant connect. Happened afew times. Then after a period of time, (afew minutes or until the next day) it seems to suddenly come online again.

Its a wired connection

a clan mate of mine had the exact same problem. he googled a domain (pref one in the uk) and used that, no problems since.. or you could goolge the error code and see what else other people have done..

the games im looking forward to are MW2, Uncharted 2, TW10, Fifa 10 and MAG.. got socom confrontation to keep me busy untill then

• 2 weeks later...

My ps3 has started freezing in the last couple of days. Its only done it on Fifa so far. I thought it was the game that had frozen but when I held the ps button to quit the game the ps3 also seemed to be frozen. THe background music was still playing though. Had to turn it off at the back. Done it 3 times in 1 evening and a morning now.

Has anyone else had this problem. I hope its nothing terminal.

My ps3 has started freezing in the last couple of days. Its only done it on Fifa so far. I thought it was the game that had frozen but when I held the ps button to quit the game the ps3 also seemed to be frozen. THe background music was still playing though. Had to turn it off at the back. Done it 3 times in 1 evening and a morning now.

Has anyone else had this problem. I hope its nothing terminal.

as stated could be over heating. could be a sign its on its way out (google yellow light of death)(had 3 of those so far :( )

i get it on Socom and the odd time on worms/wipeout. socom is down to the bad coding of the game though

• 1 month later...

I have been waiting in anticipation of the release of Batman Arkham Asylum for month's now and having just downloaded the demo off the PlaystationStore I havn't been dissapointed! The game is class and even though the demo is short it leaves you wanting more which is always a good sign, such a well exicuted game and some of the combat and stealth takedowns are impressive. It's safe to say this is getting pre-ordered just need to get my finger out and get a couple of games finished before it arrives! Worth checking out in my opinion :tu:

Anyone trying to get onto the PSnetwork been getting this message today?

"A connection to the network could not be established (80130182)"

Dont know if the network is down or not.

My ps3 does this sometimes, would be fine, then all of a sudden it refuses to sign in, saying it cant establish a connection or a network adapter is unplugged. Its a wired connection. The internet is fine on the computer and laptop, just the ps3

New PS3 Slim to hit the shops at the beginning of September (32% smaller, 36% lighter and consumes 34% less power) pricing is 299 euros/299 dollars/??? pound. Firmware 3.00 also looking neato B) need to start saving then I can get me a new sleek PS3!!

also bear in mind the normal ps3 is now at that price.

personally i dont like the looks of the slim, its just like a black box, matte black at that, i like the shiney plastic.

I couldnt care what the thing looks like as long as it does its job. Mine is in the living room under the telly and you cant see it anyway.

I couldnt care what the thing looks like as long as it does its job. Mine is in the living room under the telly and you cant see it anyway.

Yeh exactly, if I was buying one now for the first time then sure I'd take the slimline version but I'm hardly going to buy one just because I don't like my perfectly normal sized one, it's not like it I'm struggling to get it in the living room and having to sacrifice the sofa!!

Archived