BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

What an absolute pile of crap update 3.21 is.

I have Linux installed as 'Other OS', but this update is going to wipe that option. It's one of the reasons I chose a PS3 over the Xbox.

As if that isn't bad enough, the update is telling me that I should back everything up before installing (as I have partitioned my hard drive), however my 16gb USB pen isn't big enough. So until I get hold of a large external hard drive from a friend to do this update, I can't go on online.

Diabolical from Sony. Tempted to sell the thing and get an Xbox now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, but you can't heap it all on Sony considering they are just trying to protect their business. If they just let it slide and someone created a devastating virus or similar, they would be millions, if not billions, out of pocket.

I'm not saying I totally agree with it or anything, I just see where they are coming from. They aren't trying to spite people, it's just 0.01% of people ruin it for the others.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the latest update is now out which you need to download to continue online gaming, this one sets up your PS3 for 3D gaming even though there are no 3D titles currently available or 3D TV's in the UK, thanks for that.

its the first step towards it. there will be many more updates for 3d gaming to come

I see the latest update is now out which you need to download to continue online gaming, this one sets up your PS3 for 3D gaming even though there are no 3D titles currently available or 3D TV's in the UK, thanks for that.

Batman Arkham Asylum is out in 3d soon. Anyway the smart thing to do is bring this update out now, iron out any bugs so when the 3d boom kicks off before Christmas, everything is set and ready to go.

I know what you mean, i guess it just makes everything easier for Sony.

I don't see this 3d fad lasting too long, i think its great at the pictures as its not somthing you experience everyday. The 3d football is good, but you have to be sat/stood at the right angle and you look a complete wolly. Gaming? Im not sure, it depends on the quality of the 3d.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So upcoming stuff:

LittleBigPlanet2 - Am I the only person in the world that enjoyed this? I even made my own level which was very absorbing. I look forward to this!

Portal 2 - With 'The Orange Box' still on my wanted list, I haven't played the first Portal yet, but I am told it was nothing short of genius. So this is the first time I have been looking forward to a sequal before playing the original!

Fallout: New Vegas - I simply can't wait for this. Got hooked on the last and it's provided me the most value for maney of any game since Final Fantasy VII on the PSone!

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Another hot sequal.

And then there's GT5, Driver, Twisted Metal, Motorstorm Apocolypse, Spiderman Shattered Universes (thanks to Cocker for providing me with some cracking preview vids for that), inFamous 2, Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, and of course FIFA and PES!

Oh, anyone bother with PSN Plus? I would have but I already owned most of the stuff they were offering for free or discounted... Just wondered if anyone else found it to be worthwhile?

LittleBigPlanet2 - Am I the only person in the world that enjoyed this? I even made my own level which was very absorbing. I look forward to this!

Absolutely not.

I don't think any game has ever given as much entertainment as LBP with four players has.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else played Red Dead Redemption?

Playing at the moment and really enjoying it.

No, looking to get it soon though. Am still working through Assassin's Creed II which is excellent, and also playing Battlefield BC 2 online (dumped MW2 as it is utter sh1te by comparison).

Got Drake's Fortune to start yet, Fallout: New Vegas coming out soon. Not enough time to play them all and live a normal life!

Is Heavy Rain worth getting then? How long does it take to play through?

Archived