BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 12 Points November?

mark

I think Sam will come out shooting. He's past the rough start, and has seen the relative shortcomings of EHD, MGP and Andrews. And with the two week break, he's had the opportunity to disect the opposition while at the same time keeping them guessing as the Rovers have shown they can play more than one kind of football.

I'm hopeful that we'll land between 7-9 more points by the end of November. Very respectable.

All three games look winnable with Fulham at the Cottage probably the toughest. Just hope we go out looking for three points and not protecting one and hoping to nick a win.

Sam took us there late on last season for the game in hand that arguably saved our season and did the business. I think he'll fancy it again.

We need to stop shipping goals before we start talking about going undefeated in November.

True but we have also been on the end of some very good goals lately - Blake, O'Hara, Walcott, Fabregas, Berbatov.....we just need to close attackers down more, instead of letting them have a pop.

We need a settled back 4....and id go with Givet--Samba--Nelsen--Chimbonda--

We then need to ensure someone in midfield protects them and closes down midfielders who like to shoot on sight (this is where we are missing Grella).

• 2 weeks later...

I think at Bolton, after scoring the first goal, we continued pressing the game and looked full of confidence, so I am hoping that the sort of confidence we showed throughout the second half in attacking and dedication show in defending the goals at all costs will carry over into both the Fulham and Stoke games, which are coming up in a short period of time.

The most encouraging thing about this season so far is, as someone else mentioned, we've beaten the teams we should've (plus Villa). Yes we drew with West Ham, but looking at West Ham and Villa, I would've expected probably 3 points from the 2 games, instead we have 4. So no complaints here.

I think at Bolton, after scoring the first goal, we continued pressing the game and looked full of confidence, so I am hoping that the sort of confidence we showed throughout the second half in attacking and dedication show in defending the goals at all costs will carry over into both the Fulham and Stoke games, which are coming up in a short period of time.

The most encouraging thing about this season so far is, as someone else mentioned, we've beaten the teams we should've (plus Villa). Yes we drew with West Ham, but looking at West Ham and Villa, I would've expected probably 3 points from the 2 games, instead we have 4. So no complaints here.

[/quote

Our away games have been very difficult before Bolton including three best teams in league. At home Rovers have taken points very well. The schedule is much easier now and we have every chance to be atleast top8 at Christmas. Let´s hope we won´t have major injury set backs. November will be 12 points month!

Archived