BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 12 Points November?

mark

A big ask but we should definitely be aiming for this.

Pompey (h) - 3-1, 3 ponits!

Bolton (a) - the perfect opportunity to sort out our dismal away form.

Fulham (a) - the trickiest of the bunch but if we achieve the above we'll be going into this one high on confidence. It is certainly win-able.

Stoke (h) - with our home form there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't demand 3 points from this.

That will leave us on sitting pretty on 22 points going into December, comfortably in the top half and hot on Liverpools tail!

Apologies for the optimism folks...

They're not easy ties - but if we play like we did in the second half on Saturday, we've a good chance.

I hope we beat Bolton and Stoke just to keep the bragging rights in the office. I was hoping to get to the Fulham game this season but being a midweek fixture rules it out for me.

Will be very suprised if Rovers get more than three points out of the three games.

All 3 games are winnable. We beat Fulham away whilst under immense pressure last season, there's no reason why we can't bring something back from them this season.

I also believe we can out play Bolton, I work with a notlober and he's not looking forward to playing us. Also we've got to take points from Stoke. The table will look a lot healthier by the end of the month.

All 3 games are winnable. We beat Fulham away whilst under immense pressure last season, there's no reason why we can't bring something back from them this season.

I also believe we can out play Bolton, I work with a notlober and he's not looking forward to playing us. Also we've got to take points from Stoke. The table will look a lot healthier by the end of the month.

Theres are no drivers in our team, so for me to say yes, we have a chance, just doesnt stack up.

All three games look very difficult, I'd put them in the same category as when we played Everton away. Only having home advantage gives me any confidence in Rovers.

7 0r 8 points will be more realistic and I'd be happy with that. Puts us on a safe 20ish going into December.

It's nice for people to be more optimistic now but all depends on Sam's tactics over these 4 games. 2nd half on Sat showed the way we need to play - direct but attacking in your face football. Lets put pressure on these teams and see what happens!

Theres are no drivers in our team, so for me to say yes, we have a chance, just doesnt stack up.

All three games look very difficult, I'd put them in the same category as when we played Everton away. Only having home advantage gives me any confidence in Rovers.

I know where you're coming from but all games are difficult for us. I do see the lads picking up points from Bolton, I think they'll play similar to when we did the dingles. Fulham are rocky at the moment and if we don't concede early I fancy us to bring something away from the game. Stoke? well anything could happen, but I think a few of the lads got the message on Saturday and will hopefully improve.

I know where you're coming from but all games are difficult for us. I do see the lads picking up points from Bolton, I think they'll play similar to when we did the dingles. Fulham are rocky at the moment and if we don't concede early I fancy us to bring something away from the game. Stoke? well anything could happen, but I think a few of the lads got the message on Saturday and will hopefully improve.

Hope your right, but with several players looking TO LEAVE, I, cant quite see how they are going to go that extra mile when or once they are out of their comfort zone i.e. Ewood park.

So thats two reasons now, no drivers in the team although one possible driver in the team is Dunny, can we rely on him though with his injuries and two, a few players are looking to leave the club in January.

Two massive reasons for me not to get carried away too much.

7 0r 8 points will be more realistic and I'd be happy with that. Puts us on a safe 20ish going into December.

It's nice for people to be more optimistic now but all depends on Sam's tactics over these 4 games. 2nd half on Sat showed the way we need to play - direct but attacking in your face football. Lets put pressure on these teams and see what happens!

It's an interesting question whether we can play three strikers and Dunn in the same team, especially away. That is very gung-ho indeed and against teams with decent wide players a bit of a gamble.

However I suppose other side of the coin is a supposedly 'stable' 451 formation has not been delivering results away at all, so what do we have to lose? I would be tempted to give it a go. If structually a bit weak and narrow 4312 does mean we have more of our better players on the pitch and in attacking areas.

Bolton and Fulham would severely test it, Bolton especially using the extra width afforded to sling in crosses. But I suppose you have to speculate to accumilate.

Hope your right, but with several players looking TO LEAVE, I, cant quite see how they are going to go that extra mile when or once they are out of their comfort zone i.e. Ewood park.

So thats two reasons now, no drivers in the team although one possible driver in the team is Dunny, can we rely on him though with his injuries and two, a few players are looking to leave the club in January.

Two massive reasons for me not to get carried away too much.

If your struggling to find positives going into games like Fulham, Bolton and Stoke we must be in real trouble this season.

If your struggling to find positives going into games like Fulham, Bolton and Stoke we must be in real trouble this season.

Not real trouble, just key points that more than level the playing field against these teams thats all.

But one game at a time, Bolton away should be a massive incentive for big Sam to go positive and get that important first away victory of the season.

I'd be happy picking up a point a Not lob at least that would end our hoodoo. Fulham away will be a tricky game their home form is good only losing to the gunners and Chelsea so far this season and they've turned over Liverpool (albeit perhaps not as big an achievement as it would have been last year).

Stoke at home is a game we must win and have a great chance of doing so.

If we could walk away with 7 points then I think we'd have had a good month.

7 more points you mean? That would leave us on 20 points from 15 matches.

20 points from 15 is good for me carry that form end with about 48 safe for the season then maybe next year we can actually play some decent football and I wont fall asleep watching boring 4-5-1

I'd be ecstatic if we could go November unbeaten, but that means a serious turn around in our away form. With that the way it is I'm not too confident about Fulham away. They are very strong at home but we did them there last year so you never know. But if I'm being honest I expect us to lose one of them with our form the way it is.

At the end of the day I'd be happy with 17 from 15 especially since we've gotten 4 games against the big four out of the way (sorry Liverpool).

Keeping out of the 'histrionic' BFS debate. But going to Bolton and Fulham Away expecting 4 points as a minimum.

This season is a 20% improvement season. Going back to Jim Smith and Howard Kendall they had boring seasons too....at least this one is watched by 300% more supporters. We have been spoiled by the 1992 onwards era whilst 1970 to 1990 was really tough!

Albeit, we have been playing better teams, we've gone into our last few away games lined up to keep things tight, and been beaten heavily.

I really hope we set out to win these but I think Sam will stick to his guns and go for tight 1-0 wins in each of these games - particularly away from home, with the emphasis our keeping clean sheets.

I would prefer us to try to score a few goals. The last time we were in the bottom 3, it was down to goal difference...

Agree, squad for squad all three games are very winnable as you say. Just have to be cautious though and not turn that into 'we will win all three' because that ignores the random element that often screws a game over, dodgy refs, sendings off, injuries, swine flu, whatever.

For these games especially I'd like to see us push up and keep two up front (yes I know, soapbox of the week). If we drop back then their players will camp out in our third. Stoke and Bolton who launch long balls into the area will want players in good positions to pick up the knock downs/second balls, we'll be under constant pressure and then anything can happen. Push up and their midfield has to hang back to mark up and we won't get so compressed.

They're all winnable so I'd like to see us having a go. I don't think 9 points is unthinkable - if we're set up properly :rolleyes:

Archived