BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets - Half Tickets

Hughesy

Details for the half season ticket are now out.......

£99 for the second half of the season....with United excluded from the price as seating is in the Darwen End Lower.

Get your friends and family to boost the attendances further by purchasing as Christmas gifts! :brfc:

That would suggest that they have decided not to have a fourth match excluding Darwen End ST holders?

Thats the way I read it too O2G - Which makes the £150 deal even better....

Either way £99 for around 9 tickets is very good - inludes Arsenal, Everton, Bolton & Chelsea

Details for the half season ticket are now out.......

£99 for the second half of the season....with United excluded from the price as seating is in the Darwen End Lower.

Get your friends and family to boost the attendances further by purchasing as Christmas gifts! :brfc:

Is there any word about half season tickets in the other stands? I tempted, despite petrol prices (but not keen on the Darwen End)

Is there any word about half season tickets in the other stands? I tempted, despite petrol prices (but not keen on the Darwen End)

Have you looked at using the train? Excellent discounts on advance bookings, and another 1/3 off that too if you have a railcard which will cost you just £26 fora full year. I can get the whole journey from Fife via Edinburgh and back for LESS than the petrol for just one way in the car, and it is very much quicker 125mph most of the way and in comfort plus you can have drink too. I use Trainline for bookings; superb service including free reserved seats.

Have you looked at using the train? Excellent discounts on advance bookings, and another 1/3 off that too if you have a railcard which will cost you just £26 fora full year. I can get the whole journey from Fife via Edinburgh and back for LESS than the petrol for just one way in the car, and it is very much quicker 125mph most of the way and in comfort plus you can have drink too. I use Trainline for bookings; superb service including free reserved seats.

I've been getting trains to the few games I've been to this season but they're still working on the West Coast Main Line. It was something like a 7 hour round trip for Pompey (compared to 4 on a good day in the car).

And of course your right about the train being a great opportunity for some pre-match boozing :)

I use Trainline for bookings; superb service including free reserved seats.

You can avoid the Trainline booking fee by booking with any of the train operating companies own websites. You can book any UK rail journey on any of them - they all connect to the same central timetable, fares and reservation system, so offer you the same advance purchase low fares - but they do not charge any booking fee whatsoever (and reserved seats are still free).

They vary slightly in the way they present the information to you, and in some cases it's much better presented and easier to understand than on the Trainline.

Three examples to try out - NX East Coast ... Trans Pennine ... Virgin (revamped website launched today)

If I remember correctly - only the JW had any spare seats - if they do offer a 1/2 season ticket it won't be £99 :lol:

Don't be put off by the DE - though wary, I bought one - best thing I ever did. No problems getting a seat with a view - especially when they open up both sides.

I don't think that JW and the board have had enough credit for their pricing initiatives. Amazing that some fans still complain.

If I remember correctly - only the JW had any spare seats - if they do offer a 1/2 season ticket it won't be £99 :lol:

Don't be put off by the DE - though wary, I bought one - best thing I ever did. No problems getting a seat with a view - especially when they open up both sides.

I don't think that JW and the board have had enough credit for their pricing initiatives. Amazing that some fans still complain.

Aboslutely no complaints from me. I'm just not keen on the unallocated seating.

Sorry - wasn't having a dig at you.

Must admit wasn't too keen on unreserved seating (prefer to know where I am going to sit). But up to now it hasn't been a problem - as there is lots of space. I suppose this could change if there was a bigtake up of 1/2 ST's.

• 3 weeks later...

Thing I like about knowing your seat number is that you build up relationships with those around you and get a good banter going between you. Its quality where I sit in N02 for the banter and having a good set of lads around.

I agree as I am also in N02 of the BBE. However we were only having this discussion over a few pints the day we played Pompey and we came to the conclusion that unreserved seating could be a good idea although only in certain sections or stands. We were thinking about the old BBE when everybody used to stand in the same places anyway, it's just easier for people to get together when it is unreserved and therefore possibly creating a better atmosphere. My main issue though was that I have a great seat and would hate to lose it!

I wonder what waggy's thoughts on this would be? He could either sit in his arm chair whilst listening to Radio Lancashire on match day, or even in the kitchen or the garden. I'm not convinced he'd be happy about the idea.

One thing that I don't think has been picked up on here yet. John Williams confirmed at the Fans Forum on Monday night that there will be no "fourth match" that Darwen end ST holders will be excluded from. I believe this is confirmed in the half ST info. So the only times we will turn over the whole of the Darwen End to away fans will be Man City, Liverpool and United and the £150 Darwen enders get a 16th match included.

One thing that I don't think has been picked up on here yet. John Williams confirmed at the Fans Forum on Monday night that there will be no "fourth match" that Darwen end ST holders will be excluded from. I believe this is confirmed in the half ST info. So the only times we will turn over the whole of the Darwen End to away fans will be Man City, Liverpool and United and the £150 Darwen enders get a 16th match included.

Great decision by the club.

I am! Get there early enough and get any seat you want. Fantastic view. Those Blackburn-enders on the front rows in the rain don't know what they are missing!

Yep very good decision.

Anything more come out of the fans forum O2g?

Don't forget the Man City game was also thrown in as 'free' with a ticket in the JW stand.

£150 for 17 games and then £25 each for the Liverpool and Man Utd games makes it the same price as the BBE and Riverside.

Don't forget the Man City game was also thrown in as 'free' with a ticket in the JW stand.

£150 for 17 games and then £25 each for the Liverpool and Man Utd games makes it the same price as the BBE and Riverside.

Almost - the cheapest tickets for Liverpool and United are £28 and the equivalent to the Darwen end £35.

Thing I like about knowing your seat number is that you build up relationships with those around you and get a good banter going between you. Its quality where I sit in N02 for the banter and having a good set of lads around.

For me that was the best thing about having a season ticket. All the regulars near me (NO4) were great folks. Everyone knew their stuff and there were no whining (yeah, quite rare even in the Blackburn End :))

I am! Get there early enough and get any seat you want. Fantastic view. Those Blackburn-enders on the front rows in the rain don't know what they are missing!

In my case, get there early enough is easier said than done with 100 miles of M6 to travel.

At the risk of drifting off topic: one thing I have noticed about the Darwen End this season (while sat in the JW) is that while there's less volume than the BBE there's a better variety of songs. More of my favourites like the Blue Flag and going down the Bolton Road. I guess the drummer's partly to blame. That's not a dig at the BBE, which still provides most of the atmosphere and is my favourite stand.

Almost - the cheapest tickets for Liverpool and United are £28 and the equivalent to the Darwen end £35.

Sorry - I was referring to the £25 cost to DE season ticket holders for the Liverpool & Man utd games in the JW stand making it the same cost as a BBE season ticket for the whole season.

Hopefully we'll get a big uptake for the second half of the season - Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton plus the remaining games should be enough persuasion.

Archived