BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Driving Me Mad!

Doing plenty of miles on the roads many things cause me to bang the wheel.

If anyone has any solutions or any more annoyances feel free tp reply.

The top 10 are...

1...Drivers doing 55 in the 3rd or even 4th lane of the M6 meaning everybody has to pass on the left.

2...HGVs overtaking when they're both limited to the same speed, especially on the M65 2 lane section, causing me to slow down from 70 ( :closedeyes: ) to 56 for the 3 miles it takes them to get past.

3...Motorised wheelcairs on the road, especially on the A6119.

4...Nissan Micras.

5...Drivers who take 30 seconds to react to a green light.

6...Cars that pull out in front, causing you to brake then gesturing because they think you are tail gating.

7...Drivers who don't know how to use mini-roundabouts.

8...Speed cameras on roads where achieving 30mph is only an ambition.

9...Certain taxi drivers who think they can stop anywhere, even in the middle of the road.

10..Drivers who overtake you and then slow down.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing plenty of miles on the roads many things cause me to bang the wheel.

If anyone has any solutions or any more annoyances feel free tp reply.

The top 10 are...

1...Drivers doing 55 in the 3rd or even 4th lane of the M6 meaning everybody has to pass on the left.

2...HGVs overtaking when they're both limited to the same speed, especially on the M65 2 lane section, causing me to slow down from 70 ( :closedeyes: ) to 56 for the 3 miles it takes them to get past.

3...Motorised wheelcairs on the road, especially on the A6119.

4...Nissan Micras.

5...Drivers who take 30 seconds to react to a green light.

6...Cars that pull out in front, causing you to brake then gesturing because they think you are tail gating.

7...Drivers who don't know how to use mini-roundabouts.

8...Speed cameras on roads where achieving 30mph is only an ambition.

9...Certain taxi drivers who think they can stop anywhere, even in the middle of the road.

10..Drivers who overtake you and then slow down.

Can we add number 11; drivers on the M60 every night on my way home from work that when the traffic starts to clear after Eccles they continue to do 25mph in the outside lane when there is no traffic in front of them?

And maybe a number 12; people who stay in the middle lane on motorways in general because they don't know which lane to be in?

And number 13... People who every morning at around 6;30am join the M66 at Haslingden and go all the way to Simester Island in the outside lane at 40mph just because everybody else is? Why on earth do people do that?

The very last one now, number 14... People who drive big fancy cars (Range Rovers & Audi A8's and the like) who must drive with their mobile phone stuck to their ear therefore swerving across the lane of the motorway and keep touching the brakes? Why have a car like than and not have a bluetooth connection?

sorry,but for me number 1 has to be the drivers who don`t know the `2 second rule`, i am fed up with drivers driving that close to the back of me,that i can`t even see their number plate sometimes.(one nearly ran into the back of me last Friday and he STILL didn`t back off) :angry:

What lane were you in, how fast were you going and was the inside lane clear?

Apologies if it was me...

• Backroom

My main one is idiots at traffic lights who go in the right hand lane to turn right when theres a queue in the other lane then try and cut in at the front.

If the rest of us have to wait what makes you think you are so special. God it winds me up. :angry2:

I totally agree!! :blush:

Drivers who don`t use indicators. We`re not effing mind readers!!! :angry:

Women drivers. It shouldn`t be allowed! They have no road sense & have no idea about the unwritten rules of the road, like giving way to drivers coming up a hill etc...

Young asian men who drive round & round & round the town center in souped up cars full of mates, blasting out loud music, thinking they`re cool & hard, whilst everybody else thinks they are complete & utter effing w###ers.

Old people in cars. They should have their licences revoked at 70.

People on multi-lane roundabouts who are simply unable to stay in the lane they are supposed to and nearly chop your front end off.

Caravans - enough said

70mph limit on an empty road - archaic. Punish people for actually driving too fast in given conditions, not fixed limits.

Bikers who sit 2 centimetres off your passenger side bumper, which ironically means you can't pull over for them for fear of them trying to shoot up the inside.

Unmarked police cars - what's the point.

Miles and miles of pointless cones.

My road tax.

The price to fill up the tank.

Unnecessary 4x4's - please god do people just buy them to feel bigger?

Young asian men who drive round & round & round the town center in souped up cars full of mates, blasting out loud music, thinking they`re cool & hard, whilst everybody else thinks they are complete & utter effing w###ers.

Forgive me for sounding like a do-gooder, but doesn't that apply to a large majority of young men, asian or not? Unusual to single them out.

Drivers that don't indicate when turning right at roundabouts

Drivers that stop 6 inches behind my driving school car on a hill-do people not realise that will only make a learner more nervous & more likely to stall.

Tailgating learner drivers-I cannot believe the amount of people that drive stupidly close to my learners-they must have the iq of a yoghurt to do that.Would they drive that close to a police car that was sticking to the speed limit?

What gets up my nose is drivers (usually women) who elect to turn right at a junction where you are stopped but they have right of way. Instead of simply flashing/waving you through (thus giving themselves an infinitely easier angle to work with) they heave their cars around to drive past your right side, narrowly missing the front of your car if they've cut the corner or driving into the pavement if they've taken it too late. It's just stupid, stupid driving.

Ah. the joys of driving. Where everyone in front of you is a semi-senile tortoise and everyone behind you is a speeding maniac.

Taxi drivers though, black cab & private hire. Do they have to have the Highway Code removed in a lobotomy-like operation before they can be given taxi licences?

Test yourself

here

68 for me,& I used to be in the traffic signs business

be honest

Anyone had to navigate the magic roundabout in Swindon? magi01.jpg

LOVE IT! Used to travel over it many times a day! Easy Peassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssy! And look! There's STFC in the picture too! My house was just round the corner, oh the memories...

Sorry, got carried away there :blush:

Forgive me for sounding like a do-gooder, but doesn't that apply to a large majority of young men, asian or not? Unusual to single them out.

You stand outside KGH and do a survey, then come back with your results :rolleyes:

Used to annoy me did that when I was at college, even funnier when they try racing you at the lights and they cant hack it..

1. Taxi drivers, sure they learn a different way to normal drivers, disregard everything the highway code says, its my personal mission to disrupt the ones that are bad.

2. Bad Boi racers in ridiculously loud cars that sound like they are dying.

3. Traffic lights, seems you only lose against them.

4. Speed cameras

5. People who drive much slower than the speed limit

6. 90% motorway drivers.

7. People who try beating you at a roundabout on your way of right making you stop and let them go instead.

Then you have the opposite, people who use their rear fog lights just because it's raining!!! They must never have been stuck behind somebody else using their rear fog lights needlessly.

I'm sure they create more accidents than they prevent!

I also think it's a good litmus test of driver capability. If you are behind and flash your main beam very very few actually cotton on and switch them off..... I guess it's linked to why the dullards leave em on in the first place!

I usually end up overtaking and switching mine on and off a few times. I doubt most cotton on then and of course there is no way of telling.

btw is it just me or are the culprits usually in small cheap runaround cars?

I also think it's a good litmus test of driver capability. If you are behind and flash your main beam very very few actually cotton on and switch them off..... I guess it's linked to why the dullards leave em on in the first place!

I usually end up overtaking and switching mine on and off a few times. I doubt most cotton on then and of course there is no way of telling.

How about people who sit there with their foot on the foot brake when they're blatantly not going anywhere- even in traffic jams. Left hand down behind the gear stick there's something called a handbreak USE IT

Nissan Micra's in the middle lane usually! I can't remember the other favourite but it has a really annoying fog light in the middle of the rear bumper.

I do the same, once I've passed them I switch mine on and off a couple of time, the only problem with that is that to turn my rear fog light on I must turn my front fogs on! The car in front must think I'm strange...

I must say that I only recall having to use my rear fog lights on one occasion a couple of years ago whilst working in deepest Cumbria. I think the guideline is if you have less than 100m visibility you can use your fog lights then as soon as visibility improves you must switch them off.

How about people who sit there with their foot on the foot brake when they're blatantly not going anywhere- even in traffic jams. Left hand down behind the gear stick there's something called a handbreak USE IT

I'll hold my hand up to that, and it's never crossed my mind that it is probably as annoying as fog lights... I very rarely use my hand brake until I actually park.

Archived